Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be wise for wolves to push through an announcement as quick as they can. If what is true with the queen, that will clearly overtake anything over the next few days and would be inappropriate for these types of announcments to be made. Also wouldnt surprise me if games are cancelled this weekend out of respect should the worst happen.

I may be wrong but I’m sure I read that all sporting events are cancelled if the worst happens, in the U.K. anyway, can’t remember where I read that though so may not be true

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of us may disagree
My view is that it is a personal choice (and l am not offering my personal view). Those who wish to mourn are welcome to do so. I would, though, question why they believe that they have the right to impose that on everyone else.

I know both ardent republicans who certainly will not be mourning and staunch monarchists who will.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
My view is that it is a personal choice (and l am not offering my personal view). Those who wish to mourn are welcome to do so. I would, though, question why they believe that they have the right to impose that on everyone else.

I know both ardent republicans who certainly will not be mourning and staunch monarchists who will.
I put it down to a mark or respect for someone who has given colossal public service to the Nation

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly this signing is worth it for me just for that interview of that fella outside the ground.

Old gold comedy that at its finest. Throw as many millions, 7th placed finishes, Jorge Mendes, Europa runs at it.. Deep down that is Wolves and I love it and wouldn't change it for anything.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that variations on the Diego / Diogo joke have been made around 200 times on this thread alone could we now possibly put it to bed?

Yours sincerely,
The Repetitive Joke Thread Police.
Who's Diogo?

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put it down to a mark or respect for someone who has given colossal public service to the Nation
But again that perspective is a matter of opinion. Not everybody sees the monarchy in that way. There are other people who have contributed far more to this country/humanity imho, so do we stop all the clocks for them too?

As one poster said before, it’s wrong to assume and impose a state of mourning on everyone, because we all view things differently

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yet I am certain that all would be happy to avail themselves of any Public Holiday that may arise as a result of State Funeral or Coronation.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree Agnostics should work on Christmas Day and Easter Bank Holiday .
Capitalists should work on May 1st
And Pacifists on Boxing Day .
;)

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But again that perspective is a matter of opinion. Not everybody sees the monarchy in that way. There are other people who have contributed far more to this country/humanity imho, so do we stop all the clocks for them too?

As one poster said before, it’s wrong to assume and impose a state of mourning on everyone, because we all view things differently
As a republican I would still say yes, because we are not yet a republic and respect for the head of state is a separate matter.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if the worst was to happen, and I’m not wishing it does, wouldn’t that mean the Liverpool game would be postponed and give Costa more time to train and be match ready?
Again I’m not wishing for this to happen

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet I am certain that all would be happy to avail themselves of any Public Holiday that may arise as a result of State Funeral or Coronation.
Could see two matches postponed as if she goes tomorrow I can see the game cancelled on Saturday and then funeral maybe on the following Saturday. Diana’s was, was the Duke’s?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I agree Agnostics should work on Christmas Day and Easter BankHoliday .
Capitalists should work on May 1st
And Pacifists on Boxing Day .
;)
I'm one of those who thinks the "rule" of the Monarchy is out of date, I also have little respect for Parliament and politicians.

I do however recognise the contribution individuals make to our society and I have nothing but respect and admiration for Queen Elizabeth.

Whilst I personally would not replace her, I will mourn her passing and acknowledge her contribution to society. I also think that when the time comes it should be a National state of mourning given her position and contribution and that includes all residents of this land showing respect.

If the game is off this weekend or the next or whenever, then it's off, it's only a game of football.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

People can do what they like but the majority of people in this Country would respect cancelling the fixtures if it happens and I for one would respect such a decision .

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score
Could see two matches postponed as if she goes tomorrow I can see the game cancelled on Saturday and then funeral maybe on the following Saturday. Diana’s was, was the Duke’s?
From what I have read it looks like a state funeral would be ten days after, that means next sunday at the earliest.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ill say it before the mods do
Lets keep on topic guys and gals
Comments on the monarchy are not appropriate at this time and certainly not on here

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There will be a national protocol, and it won’t be down to choice.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, does anyone have an update on the results of the medical ?
Please and thanks.
If all went well, with no significant issues, then he was due to officially sign the contract on offer.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
getting the thread back on track for anybody interested in the costa medical ,here's a quick update ......thanks in advance ..
View attachment 30116
Strange I heard he sipped a mint tea, engaged in a philosophical discussion on the meaning of 'health' with a nurse, carried an old lady across the road and fingered a rosary throughout. Journalism eh.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a national protocol, and it won’t be down to choice.
True enough. Thinking positively, if there is a 10 day period of mourning and no matches that gives us a chance to get Diego fitter and for other players to possibly recover from injuries. Also likely means we don't have the Dippers and Citeh back to back.

Being more negative it will make the post-World Cup fixture congestion even worse.

Back
Top Bottom