Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dendonker going?

wakeywolf

Reaction score
I'm posting this for a friend on the mix who will reveal themselves when this is confirmed but Donk is going. Said friend doesn't want to get it wrong as 2+2 might equal 5 but some good info he has points towards him leaving.

Surely we must replace him with some box to box legs in midfield if he goes?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope not but I guess he is frustrated looking at the current mess we are in

What price ?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well surely that would mean a big signing coming in at CM. I'm not Dendonkers biggest of fans, but he certainly provides a welcome physicality in the midfield that both Neves and Moutinho, as well as Vitinha lack

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd guess he's more frustrated that he's never been a confirmed starter when we have a fully fit squad (which is most the time).

He gets a lot of minutes but probably wants some guarantees ahead of 2 international tournaments in 2 years

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
there's another thread on this somewhere but thanks for sharing the information...
For what its worth I can really see this happening. Unexplained absence from game time this season (just like Jota), rumours of Palhinha and Lemar and the young CB at Liverpool, Saiss first choice as CB for now, playing with 3 forwards, more creativity in midfield needed etc

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me, I thought it was a strange he didn't come on against West Ham, if he doesn't start he usually comes off the bench. Could be similar to Jota who was on the bench against Sheff Utd yet there was no intention of using him as he was clearly off. We are crying out for some athleticism in midfield, someone who can carry the ball forward so if it leads to that signing then it could improve us. He wouldn't be on my list of players to move on as he covers two positions well and in a small squad that is vital, perhaps he's asked to leave though.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For ****’s sake. This is quite frankly intolerable...

...the second thread where Dendoncker’s surname has been spelt incorrectly...

PS...hope this isn’t true.

Thats why we call him Donk Tring!

I also hope it isn’t true.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EVERY player is replaceable

No such thing as sentiment in football anymore i'm afraid

Be sorry to see him go bit if he goes we move on and sign someone else and hopefully better
Its more the timing for me, if it was true leaves very little time to get a replacement in (and bed them in which lets face it isn't going so will in other areas so far). Especially in an area where we really need strengthening if he went or not.

Don't think its true anyway.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its a good thing if he really is going. I like him but if nuno is going to change tactics he doesnt fit. Points to more incomings. And in response to an earlier poster we are in transition not a mess. I am a bit worried but i also think nuno has earned support

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be horrified to see him go as long as as he is replaced by someone better or at least ready to play

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a price for everything. Everyone has a price.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also too much chopping and changing in such a small space of time its ok thinking your playing football manager and 'upgrading' as many players a sposs in one window but it rarely works that way.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although a lot of things point to this happening,i really cant believe it
He is the nearest thing we have to a box to box midfielder,works harder than 90% of the team,and gets a goal or two
We are stronger with him in the team for sure,and unless a serious upgrade is coming this cant happen

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We havent played well since coming out of lockdown so I do think we look a mess.
We won 6 out of 11 games after lockdown to finish the season. Losses against Chelsea who are in the champions league, Arsenal who won the FA and Sevilla the Europa League champions. We've started this season by battering a team, losing to the second best team in the division last year (and had we had our shooting boots on would have won) and undoubtedly a awful performance against West Ham.

We are far from a mess. We're bedding in new players, players who have never played in this league. It takes time.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Current mess? 45 mins of poor football against one of the top teams in europe, then granted a awful 90 mins against West Ham. Hardly constitutes a "mess"

84 minutes of crap against Sheff United, 90 minutes against Stoke? Near enough 90 against Sevilla, Olympiakos, Chelsea, 45 minutes against Burnley, 90 against Sheff Utd and Arsenal. All in the last 12, 60 minutes of **** against Villa, West Ham and Bournemouth etc etc

The last 15 games have been god awful

Back
Top Bottom