Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dendonker going?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am certainly not against upgrading Donk,but unless we have Thomas Partey or someone of similar class lined up..then the timing regarding Leanders transfer is way off.

D

Deleted member 11332

Its more the timing for me, if it was true leaves very little time to get a replacement in (and bed them in which lets face it isn't going so will in other areas so far). Especially in an area where we really need strengthening if he went or not.

Don't think its true anyway.

maybe we have one lined up already.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
maybe we have one lined up already.
Possibly but then I'd still say there's been too much chopping and changing this season (especially when factoring in no pre season) already.

If anything we need cover for the type of midfielder Donk is him going and a replacement coming in would still leave us in that position.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the Napoli rumour?

Nuno's 'we must be ready to react' in the transfer market and the fact Donk didn't feature in a Premier League game for the first time in over a year last time out has me a bit concerned...

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love Donk. I think we look a much better team with him in the XI as he offers a different energy & mobility that Neves & Moutinho lack.

We'll only let him go if we've got a replacement lined up. Similarly with Doc & Semedo, didn't have any set plans to sell player X but if selling player X means we can bring in player Y then so be it.

"We have to react to the market"

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
84 minutes of crap against Sheff United, 90 minutes against Stoke? Near enough 90 against Sevilla, Olympiakos, Chelsea, 45 minutes against Burnley, 90 against Sheff Utd and Arsenal. All in the last 12, 60 minutes of **** against Villa, West Ham and Bournemouth etc etc

The last 15 games have been god awful
So much of that is down to the style we play and will continue to play under Nuno. Id suggest you switch off until he goes if I was you. He's a continental manager with a continental approach. We could play Stourbridge and we'd win 2-0. the crap against sheffield united, villa, West Ham, Bournemouth, Crystal palace, Olympiacos all resulted in wins. If thats awful then we arent for you anymore im afraid.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the Napoli rumour?

Nuno's 'we must be ready to react' in the transfer market and the fact Donk didn't feature in a Premier League game for the first time in over a year last time out has me a bit concerned...

Seems to come from this.....

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should be dendoncker + paulinha

not getting rid of one

same issue with doc
Agreed re Donk as CM is somewhere we need more bodies not less or same amount as was RWB but to be fair we got Semedo and Hoever.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I would much rather it be Moutinho leaving than Dendoncker. We play so much better when he plays.
Agree, Moutinho's a great player and one v the other is better than Dendoncker but we could live with losing a Moutinho type midfielder but not a Donk one.

Y

Yout85

Have heard absolutely nothing to suggest Dendoncker is off.

But if he is..... SURELY it means we are closing in on the CM target(s). The CM I first referred to weeks ago is a similar type of player.

I'm desperately hoping that if there is anything in the rumour of him leaving, it means we will bring in the CM mentioned to me to replace him.

It would be an upgrade.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But if he is..... SURELY it means we are closing in on the CM target(s). The CM I first referred to weeks ago is a similar type of player.

I'm desperately hoping that if there is anything in the rumour of him leaving, it means we will bring in the CM mentioned to me to replace him.

It would be an upgrade.

That Palhinha or someone else?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It would be an upgrade.

May as well spit the name out now...You have with everyone else :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member 5962

Arthur, Wendel and Gabriel are within the Mendes carousel.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Donk. I think we look a much better team with him in the XI as he offers a different energy & mobility that Neves & Moutinho lack.

We'll only let him go if we've got a replacement lined up. Similarly with Doc & Semedo, didn't have any set plans to sell player X but if selling player X means we can bring in player Y then so be it.

"We have to react to the market"

it’s not that we are necessarily a better team with donk in. It’s that we are better without one of neves or moutinho at the moment IMO

donk is nothing special but we don’t have any other players in that mould so by default he is our best box to box midfielder

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bloody hope not.

I think he's a great player and definitely in our best X1.

I don't think we need to improve on him to evolve our squad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think anyone has said its a fact hes leaving, just that some things point to it maybe happening,its called a rumour lol

Lycaon

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Leander was let go, he’s a decent player but maybe not quite what Nuno’s looking for in that position?

If he does go along with a few more then Wolves will definitely be perceived as a stepping stone club despite what’s been said to the contrary.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be very much disappointed if he moves away. I always considered him as a very reliable player no matter where he is told to play.
It does not make sense, sell players that have given us good services in the past seasons and then buy players who may or may not
be so much reliable. Why are we disturbing our dressing room. Why did we sell Jota, no matter what money we got for him, but
I prefer him in my team, rather than in another opponents team.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Brazilian defensive midfielder. Link with Porto.

Announce Casemiro!

Back
Top Bottom