Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Deadline day headlines express and star

E

Edgmond Wolf

I don't want anyone "banned" but I received an infraction for calling someone stupid so whats good for the goose. I think the forum is too heavily moderated and I'd quite happily argue with the guy but as I cant I'm determined to see parity on both sides. You cant have someone calling someone a clown etc etc and then another poster calls someone thick and gets an infraction.. both are insults. Anyway what the hell is it to you?

White face and red lipstick?

Realisticwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sounds like good business to me. Why wouldn't Morgan link the business he's made his money in to his football club in order to benefit both.

If I was a kid and i saw a shirt saying what house on the back of it, I'd think what sort of a joke club is that. I'm 34 and couldnt care less but image is important in football from how your ground looks to shirts in attracting fans and the shirts look $$$$ing stupid....cant see it being worth it financially. Surely Morgan is looking to show the club off in the best light possible so this gypsy sponsor does the clubs image no favours.

S

spittlep

The biggest transfer we need is moxey out of our beloved WOLVES

W

wolfyjoe

The biggest transfer we need is moxey out of our beloved WOLVES

Another armchair expert.

Moxey is a good CEO. The blame for every decision is placed on him because he's the public face of Wolves but he doesn't get too much wrong, he just clears up the mess when the board make the wrong decisions.

He signs players for reasonable fees and always seems to make a profit for us in the transfer market. He's trying his utmost to get the best deal for Wolves where Jarvis and Fletcher are concerned.

I think the idea that Moxey is incompetent is a myth. Steve Morgan wouldn't still be employing him if he was $$$$ at his job.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another armchair expert.

Moxey is a good CEO. The blame for every decision is placed on him because he's the public face of Wolves but he doesn't get too much wrong, he just clears up the mess when the board make the wrong decisions.

He signs players for reasonable fees and always seems to make a profit for us in the transfer market. He's trying his utmost to get the best deal for Wolves where Jarvis and Fletcher are concerned.

I think the idea that Moxey is incompetent is a myth. Steve Morgan wouldn't still be employing him if he was $$$$ at his job.
Excellent post

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You guys do realise this is hypothetical? We haven't got to deadline day yet. I know it's the Molmix way but it does seem a tad early to be critiscising our transfer dealings.
Just saying like, y'know.

D

Dewsburywolf

He screwed fans over last season with management decision,

Steve Morgan owns the club & would have made that decision

lied by saying best players won't be sold then flogged kightly for a pathetic fee.

So Uncle Jez is the anti Christ & Kightly comes out of this smelling of roses

... :confused: :confused:

B

Bankswolf II

This is the same person who employed Terry Connor as manager :confused:

The only other person who would have got the job was himself I think he did us all a favour

Wasnt Moxeys fault Morgans an idiot who was too tight fisted to draw up a decent back up plan in case it went wrong Moxey wanted Mick remember

B

Bankswolf II

He screwed fans over last season with management decision, lied by saying best players won't be sold then flogged kightly for a pathetic fee.

That was Morgan
Hasnt sold them yet
Kightly wanted to leave

:goodnight:

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He screwed fans over last season with management decision, lied by saying best players won't be sold then flogged kightly for a pathetic fee.

We robbed Stoke for 3 million, ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Dewsburywolf

We robbed Stoke for 3 million, ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Wether kightly wanted to leave or not is irrelevant, Jarvis wants to leave but moxey has rejected 9 mil for him!

He immediatly accepted 1.5 for kightly....don't get it.

Is Jarvis 6 times better than kightly....don't think so.

See the capitals in Manic88's post

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another armchair expert.

Oh dear. Looking at one side of the coin.
The way this club is run Moxey is the main man. He is the CEO not the accountant or a financial director. I believe he is amongst the top paid CEO's. What do you think his job is then.
What board? Do they make any decisions? No it looks like Morgan lets Moxey run the show and then has the odd moments of Knee jerk reactions.
Moxey oversees the choosing of a series of managers who have failed to take us beyond relegation fodder in the premiership.
Even your assessment of his dealings in the transfer market is one sided. We have spent enough money to have made a reasonable stab at aiming towards mid table after three years. Yes Fletcher and Jarvis could bring in big money if we sell. But this may only offset the losses we are likely to face on some of the others.
Even if we did receive the monies quoted it would also not offset the revenue lost because of relegation. And if you want to blame that on McCarthy who appointed him? Who then put Connor in charge? Or maybe you just want to blame the players who were bought by McCarthy who was appointed by .............
You see there is another side to your argument.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unless i've missed something, Moxey is a member of the board who made the mess. What he is very good at though, is clearing up his own $$$$ and then spinning his way out the other side smelling of roses.

As long as there's enough people like yourself around, who continue to believe he's good for Wolverhampton Wanderers FOOTBALL club, the longer he'll hold too much influence.

Moxey is as good for the football side of the club as Connor was for the 1st team last season, and yet, they are the only people still at Wolves who have survived the sacking of every manager since 1999. How have they both managed to hold onto their positions when there has been so many periods of failure?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

I see Stale being given some of it. I don't see us spending £20m in this window, or ever in the Championship

I see a side low on confidence. That will take time, but wholesale changes aren't the answer.

I see him getting some of it but as to whether it will be anywhere enough is a totally different matter.

I agree re the team being low on confidence but with Connor still having some involvement, which I think is a bloody disgrace, I can see it taking a lot longer than is healthy for the squad. In Connor's time in charge he averaged 1 point in every 3 games and 30 mins played. Not just a terrible record but one that compared in any other walk of life would have seen him fired long ago and I see him as a major stumbling block as rergards any chance of progression.

Mutchy, you may well have feelings of de ja vu, I really don't care but if I have questions I'd like answers to then I'll ask them.

E

Essex Wolf

Sounds like good business to me. Why wouldn't Morgan link the business he's made his money in to his football club in order to benefit both.

It looked tacky but I understand your point but I have no faith, belief or trust in Morgan and have come to think he only does what benefits Steve Morgan. If he really cared about the club he should have done far far more than he did last season. He sat back and let the club sink.

I still to this day do not see or understand why on earth the NB was rebuilt as it does not help the club at all. A poor season this one will see gates plummet and fans lose interest, will the new NB compensate that, no I think not.

Morgans a property developer, he should stick to that and leave Wolves alone.

W

wolfyjoe

This is the same person who employed Terry Connor as manager :confused:

the board would have made the decision to sign TC when a suitable replacement could not be found.

It was a poor decision by a group of people at the top of the club. morgan would definitely have had the final say.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
couldn't care less what it looked like. You don't get points for fashion sense.

I care what it looks like, and we look like a tacky tinpot club.

W

wolfyjoe

It looked tacky but I understand your point but I have no faith, belief or trust in Morgan and have come to think he only does what benefits Steve Morgan. If he really cared about the club he should have done far far more than he did last season. He sat back and let the club sink.

I still to this day do not see or understand why on earth the NB was rebuilt as it does not help the club at all. A poor season this one will see gates plummet and fans lose interest, will the new NB compensate that, no I think not.

Morgans a property developer, he should stick to that and leave Wolves alone.

I disagree and i really don't think you've thought of the implications of such a stupid change in our ownership. It's never going to happen anyway so i don't know why i'm even writing this.

The club's strategy was to stay loyal to the manager and encourage continuity. If anything, i wish they'd sat back for a bit longer as we only sank faster when they stuck their oar in and sacked McCarthy. Oh well, he's gone and we went down. Stale's here and we're making positive strides to change the mentality and brand of football played in an attempt to make a Premier League return.

You say Morgan doesn't care but I think the fact that he lost his rag and stormed into the changing rooms shows he cares what happens at Wolves. There's no way he would buy into wolves purely for his own benefit. Football clubs are well known to be complete money pits.

I think everybody but you can see why the new Northbank was built, the main problem is that people think it was done at the expense of further investment in the playing squad. In the long term, increasing the revenue potential of the stadium will be essential in allowing us to compete with the top half of the Prem and that's the stated aim.

Steve Morgan is trying to build the club in a sensible and safe manner. The club's had problems but that's football. Money is being invested in improving the team, the stadium and the academy so i really don't see what your problem is. Nobody is rushing to buy us and pump hundreds of millions in either. Morgan got us to the prem and will get us back. Hopefully we'll take advantage of our second attempt under his ownership.

W

wolfyjoe

Uness i've missd something, Moxey is still a member of the board who make the mess in the first place. What he is very good at, is clearing up his own $$$$ and then spinning his way out the other side smelling of roses.

As long as theres enough people like yourself around, who continue to believe he's good for Wolverhampton Wanderers FOOTBALL club, the longer he'll hold too much influence.

Moxey is as good for the football side of the club as Connor was for the 1st team last season, and yet, they are the only 2 people still at Wolves who have survived the sacking of every manager since 1999. How have they both managed to hold onto their positions when there has been so many periods of failure?

I just don't agree for the reasons i've mentioned. Morgan owns the club and Morgan makes the decisions. If he thought Moxey was a bad influence at the club then he would've sacked him. He knows he's good for the club.

Sometimes i struggle to see why TC is still about but i think it reasonably sensible to keep some continuity at the club. He wasn't a manager but he's had a lot of support from players who say he's a fantastic coach and, as such, is surely also a good influence.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't agree for the reasons i've mentioned. Morgan owns the club and Morgan makes the decisions. If he thought Moxey was a bad influence at the club then he would've sacked him. He knows he's good for the club.

Sometimes i struggle to see why TC is still about but i think it reasonably sensible to keep some continuity at the club. He wasn't a manager but he's had a lot of support from players who say he's a fantastic coach and, as such, is surely also a good influence.
Firstly Moxey is perceived to be good for the club in respect of the balance sheet.
Secondly we have seen especially last season a load of codswallup spoken by the players. What we saw on the pitch spoke far louder than all the rhetoric about how wonderful he was. The body language of the players gave away what they were really about.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves should have treated this whole transfer situation like taking off a bandage, "its better to take it off quickly and in one go, than slowly peel it off". Sure the initial pain would of been big, but it fades far quicker.

The anger at the kightly transfer will also dissipate after he gets the inevitable injury. Players come and go, its fans that are forever.

As for Moxey, nothing is black and white, he is neither a saint or a sinner. Somethings he gets right and somethings he gets wrong. I also would say that he has the best interests at the club at heart, but that is only because it is his employer, not for any emotional attachment.

Back
Top Bottom