Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Darren Drysdale (Referee)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it only Silva and traore who have been booked for diving this season or something stupid like that?

add MGW to the mix for his simulation booking in the cup and we have three fir the season
Traore should get an apology off Oliver for his

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dan James got booked for diving for Man United against Leeds this season.
Cool, thought our lads couldn’t be alone, just people I know were fairly confident it was just our two in the league...,,

how could I forget about the Welsh Tom daily..,,,,

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's difficult without hearing the "audio" proof. It's full on Drysdale's word against Judge's but I'm struggling to believe that Drysdale (or any referee for the matter), having reacted as he did to whatever provocation he felt there was, would not have sent Judge off if he had used such language as he would have been fully justified.

I hesitate to say either of them are lying but clearly one of them has to be. At best Drysdale has misheard or misinterpreted what he heard.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foul and abusive language is not a yellow .I know the reaction I would get if I tried to submit the appropriate forms citing a yellow card had been issued for foul and abusive language.
And that’s where football needs to change . It encourages the ref being abused

take a leaf out of Rugbys book

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whether people believe it or not most referees bend over backwards to keep 22 players on the field of play .It would be oh so easy to send off players for the use of foul and abusive language but then you could have 8 v 7 .Most referees are extremely lenient (too soft?) but players keep pushing it but there have to be limits.
Move that on to the Professional game and can you imagine the reaction and furore if players were sent off left right and centre?
There has to be a balance with referees being more firm ,and players and Managers taking more responsibility.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foul and abusive language is not a yellow .I know the reaction I would get if I tried to submit the appropriate forms citing a yellow card had been issued for foul and abusive language.
maybe - but surely its covered by the generality of 'dissent' without being a specific offence

surely telling the ref to **** off or calling him a **** (no matter how appropriate) would be covered by a booking under dissent rules?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
maybe - but surely its covered by the generality of 'dissent' without being a specific offence

surely telling the ref to **** off or calling him a **** (no matter how appropriate) would be covered by a booking under dissent rules?
It’s not dissent .It is Foul and abusive language which is a Red .If you used those on the form but only issued a Yellow you would get into a bit of bother and the card would be upgraded to a Red .
Of course a Referee could choose to say the player just showed dissent and didn’t quote specific words .

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not dissent .It is Foul and abusive language which is a Red .If you used those on the form but only issued a Yellow you would get into a bit of bother and the card would be upgraded to a Red .
Of course a Referee could choose to say the player just showed dissent and didn’t quote specific words .
sorry - that's not how your initial post read
I read it as not a yellow. meaning there is no sanction for foul and abusive language.

if it is a red - then makes no sense about what the Ref did in this case. Surely if he was that incensed by the players reaction - He ultimately has the trump card - issue a red, and then as the player trudges off, leave him with the parting shot of 'who's a **** now'.

Refs tolerate this too much, virtually every game you see a player telling the ref to **** off or equivalent. When was the last time you saw a red for it? happy to issue a yellow for throwing the ball away or taking off shirt, but actually insisting on reasonable player reactions..... oh no.

Also oddly, they are happy to issue reds to coaches or managers on the side-lines for talking out of turn to 4th official. seems to me Refs are scared to actually deal with players.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
sorry - that's not how your initial post read

I read it as not a yellow. meaning there is no sanction for foul and abusive language.

if it is a red - then makes no sense about what the Ref did in this case. Surely if he was that incensed by the players reaction - He ultimately has the trump card - issue a red, and then as the player trudges off, leave him with the parting shot of 'who's a **** now'.

Refs tolerate this too much, virtually every game you see a player telling the ref to **** off or equivalent. When was the last time you saw a red for it? happy to issue a yellow for throwing the ball away or taking off shirt, but actually insisting on reasonable player reactions..... oh no.

Also oddly, they are happy to issue reds to coaches or managers on the side-lines for talking out of turn to 4th official. seems to me Refs are scared to actually deal with players.
Perhaps I should have said it was Red in my original post because that is what I meant and intended

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very rare for a referee in a professional game to send a player off for foul and abusive language. Drysdale should have done that rather than reacting how he did. By confronting the player, he was then the one in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom