Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Darren Drysdale (Referee)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like yourself, I have been a referee for many years, and we all know we cannot lower our standards. A referee cannot act in that manner.

And Drysdale has now been charged with improper behaviour, a charge that if proven could have serious ramifications for Darren Drysdale.
Sad

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
You say that almost like you think that there is somethingthing wrong with being camp.... Likely to get you into hot water in the western world in the 21st century....
Not really .Just don’t want to alarm the wife .I have convinced the wife for years that the basque ,stockings and suspenders she found in the glove compartment were something that someone else left there :)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Like yourself, I have been a referee for many years, and we all know we cannot lower our standards. A referee cannot act in that manner.

And Drysdale has now been charged with improper behaviour, a charge that if proven could have serious ramifications for Darren Drysdale.
He was stupid but no doubt the player will get off Scot free

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK - Here's my take on Refs / protection.
Mic them up like Rugby League, let everyone hear the discussion's being played out.
ANY player giving found and abusive language to the ref through the mic is retrospective sent off 3 match ban after the game if found guilty.
The ref just continues the game as normal, but also notes down the time & incident it occurs.

Players will then be shown up in public.

But also i would like to see the ref's and VAR being open mic so ALL can hear the discussions between each and we know how they came to that decision. This would then hopefully remove any doubt as of corruption.

D

Deleted member 4152

I don't care either way, and l think that @Jonzy54's humourous response showed that he knew that l wasn't having a dig at him, but the way things are now.....
The way things are now you could probably sue me for my post to you. World’s gone mad.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I read he’s ex forces? I reckon he’d kick the **** out of Judge, dunno why but I’ve always hated him as he was always a ****er.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I read he’s ex forces? I reckon he’d kick the **** out of Judge, dunno why but I’ve always hated him as he was always a ****er.
Serving military l believe. A Sgt in the RAF.

Edited to add: l saw something that suggested that he's stationed at @topcat99's old neck of the woods...

Last edited:

Lycaon

Reaction score
OK - Here's my take on Refs / protection.
Mic them up like Rugby League, let everyone hear the discussion's being played out.
ANY player giving found and abusive language to the ref through the mic is retrospective sent off 3 match ban after the game if found guilty.
The ref just continues the game as normal, but also notes down the time & incident it occurs.

Players will then be shown up in public.

But also i would like to see the ref's and VAR being open mic so ALL can hear the discussions between each and we know how they came to that decision. This would then hopefully remove any doubt as of corruption.
Or conversely, confirm that the game is rigged! No win situation!

Feel a bit sorry for this ref as I’m sure our very own Jack Taylor took no nonsense and could equally show his “angry” side!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or conversely, confirm that the game is rigged! No win situation!

Feel a bit sorry for this ref as I’m sure our very own Jack Taylor took no nonsense and could equally show his “angry” side!
Agreed, but there is a way to show that you will not tolerate the nonsense that goes on. And getting face to face with a player is not the way.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really .Just don’t want to alarm the wife .I have convinced the wife for years that the basque ,stockings and suspenders she found in the glove compartment were something that someone else left there :)
The only time that’s the path of least resistance!

gewolf

Reaction score
Obviously, by the very fact that it never happens (except for this occasion obviously) it has to be wrong and to me a card is always going to be the better option as it ensures that the player is punished. In this case he has presumably got away with something - I don't know what - rather than being either suspended or at least being one yellow closer to a suspension.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Obviously, by the very fact that it never happens (except for this occasion obviously) it has to be wrong and to me a card is always going to be the better option as it ensures that the player is punished. In this case he has presumably got away with something - I don't know what - rather than being either suspended or at least being one yellow closer to a suspension.
I think he dived in the box just beforehand

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen video footage from all sort of angles and I dont think that the ref was getting face to face , I would say that the ref is a lot taller than the player so would guess that the taller persons head would have to go down to speak to the shorter--just my take.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been listening to Mark Chapman's show on Radio 5 and what a surprise he played an earlier interview from Paul Lambert and basically " Chappers " just said that of Lambert's description of events " Well that is not really what happened " What a surprise Lambert spinning events ( or telling lies if you want to put it stronger ) to suit his own ends despite the fact God knows how many people have seen the event for themselves !

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
I remember a few years back there was a Referee on the circuit who was beyond eccentric.He assisted me on numerous occasions and having hands like JCB buckets when he shook my hand and that of players he nearly broke your fingers .
The CEO of Staffordshire FA was a personal friend and he told me that the guy was Refereeing a Sunday League game in Stoke between two decent teams .He awarded a penalty -there were no complaints but the recipient team said it wasn’t a penalty so they didn’t want it .There was then a standoff before he eventually placed the ball on the spot ,took it himself and scored .Both teams just walked and the game was abandoned.
I remember seeing the article in the Stoke Sentinel.He landed in a load of trouble and in the days when all Referees were Class 1/2/3 unlike what we have today he was downgraded to Class 2.
100% true -he was a clown.
So, what would happen if a team refused to take a penalty?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As player power has gone through the roof, referees have made a rod for their own backs by not punishing players when they can. Grealish will tell a referee to F off to his face and get a pat on the back.

Should be a straight red or at least a final warning yellow.

I'd love to see a referee just lose it with him and give him a punch to the throat followed by a flying roundhouse.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As player power has gone through the roof, referees have made a rod for their own backs by not punishing players when they can. Grealish will tell a referee to F off to his face and get a pat on the back.

Should be a straight red or at least a final warning yellow.

I'd love to see a referee just lose it with him and give him a punch to the throat followed by a flying roundhouse.

Bonus points if it was Mike Dean.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
I’ve never come across that situation before...if the ref was adamant it was a penalty, and the team refused to take it, what could he do? There’s nothing in the laws that regulates for that is there?

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never come across that situation before...if the ref was adamant it was a penalty, and the team refused to take it, what could he do? There’s nothing in the laws that regulates for that is there?
The team awarded it could always use their heads and upon taking the penalty put it out for a goal kick, or more hilariously a throw in.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No but as I said he could have got out of it by saying he had had a re-think and given a drop ball.
Having said that if you knew that you wouldn’t be at all surprised he did what he did .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The team awarded it could always use their heads and upon taking the penalty put it out for a goal kick, or more hilariously a throw in.
I had suggested the former when I first heard about it .I used to dread having him as an AR .He used to wear old fashioned 50’s style high cut boots .He would talk to all and sundry on the touch line when the game was going on .
I remember the first time I met him we were at Staffordshire Police .The Captains used to bring in the team sheets before the game .There was a tap on the door and before I could say ‘Come In’ he beat me to it and then proceeded to tell the Captains this that and the other about what we expected .
I found out from other Referees he did the same with them too and you had to keep him in check but he just carried on .
He was a bloody nightmare.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Check judge response he also lost his mom this week. From his statement I believe judge
Interesting how this one plays out

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get why refs aren't sending people off for foul and abusive language in that situation. Simplest way to sort it out surely?
Agreed. I would not accept anyone speaking to me in the way that refs seem to. If I was in charge of some of these matches, it would end up being 5 against 4, the way that footballers challenge authority in such ways.
As you say, Fen, the quickest and simplest way to sort it out would be to send the precious, overpaid thugs off the pitch.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Check judge response he also lost his mom this week. From his statement I believe judge
Interesting how this one plays out

In that case why doesn't he release the audio that backs him up?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Judge, didn’t he play under Dean Smith at Brentford?

When plays stop cheating themselves maybe they can then have the audacity to accuse impartial refs of cheating

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luke Matheson may not be in the Ipswich first team but at least he's seeing some 'interesting' aspects of football at that club.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Judge, didn’t he play under Dean Smith at Brentford?

When plays stop cheating themselves maybe they can then have the audacity to accuse impartial refs of cheating
Maybe Dean smith teaches his players to cheat

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn’t remember if their times over lapped but someone produced the statistics that Brentford and Villa under smith win the most fouls in their respective leagues. Says it all really
Don’t see many players booked for diving / simulation anymore either

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see many players booked for diving / simulation anymore either
Isn’t it only Silva and traore who have been booked for diving this season or something stupid like that?

add MGW to the mix for his simulation booking in the cup and we have three fir the season

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it only Silva and traore who have been booked for diving this season or something stupid like that?

add MGW to the mix for his simulation booking in the cup and we have three fir the season
Dan James got booked for diving for Man United against Leeds this season.

Back
Top Bottom