Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Darren Drysdale (Referee)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised it’s not already a thread but has anyone seen it? Squared up to a player last night.

newFile-5.jpg

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Given the abuse referees get from players, no issue with him sticking up for himself, within reason.

The most worrying thing I read in this mornings report is that Paul Lambert spoke to “EFL Head of Referees, Mike Jones”. If that’s the same Mike Jones I think it is, no wonder the standard is appalling.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the abuse referees get from players, no issue with him sticking up for himself, within reason.

The most worrying thing I read in this mornings report is that Paul Lambert spoke to “EFL Head of Referees, Mike Jones”. If that’s the same Mike Jones I think it is, no wonder the standard is appalling.

It undoubtedly is, but appointed by Mike "Useless ****" Riley so what do you expect?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Must be hard for referees. Players cheat at every opportunity, dives, fouls, exaggerating contact. They even argue the toss over every throw in that they know perfectly well has been correctly given. On top of that, players are continually chirping in their ears, swearing at them and giving them general abuse. I'm surprised one of them hasn't snapped sooner. Wouldn't encourage it but it would be understandable.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Everton fans don't think so, he made a bad error in a cl qual that went against them.

I agree though he was in the main superb.
Was listening to a podcast about him with Italian journalists. They were saying that his greatness is a bit of a myth only believed by foreign fans. Apparently in Italian league games he was a decent ref but often dropped clangers, got decisions wrong and was a bit full of himself. However, he had some great performances in European games and World Cup games so foreign fans have only ever seen him in a good light.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol. Fair play to him. Refs should be issued with a truncheon , instead of a yellow card a smack up the ear hole for diving. Grealish would be black and blue

dgm6769

Reaction score
Thought refs had microphones if not should be, there's a video on YouTube of players calling the ref and their wifes some right disgusting names, sure messi is on it .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

It is

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref has apologised.. what a surprise... While he arguably should have had more control of his emotions it annoys me that the little **** player gets away with it. Perhaps refs should use yellow cards earlier in future....

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
reminds me of something read years ago, may have to google it now, about a match being abandoned as the ref squared up to a player and then sent himself off for doing so.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
reminds me of something read years ago, may have to google it now, about a match being abandoned as the ref squared up to a player and then sent himself off for doing so.
I remember a few years back there was a Referee on the circuit who was beyond eccentric.He assisted me on numerous occasions and having hands like JCB buckets when he shook my hand and that of players he nearly broke your fingers .
The CEO of Staffordshire FA was a personal friend and he told me that the guy was Refereeing a Sunday League game in Stoke between two decent teams .He awarded a penalty -there were no complaints but the recipient team said it wasn’t a penalty so they didn’t want it .There was then a standoff before he eventually placed the ball on the spot ,took it himself and scored .Both teams just walked and the game was abandoned.
I remember seeing the article in the Stoke Sentinel.He landed in a load of trouble and in the days when all Referees were Class 1/2/3 unlike what we have today he was downgraded to Class 2.
100% true -he was a clown.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that he‘s got form for it, it’ll be interesting to see if any other little gob****e wants to try it on with him. Hopefully they will think twice.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referees cannot act like that whatever the provocation. While it is about time a referee stood up to these players, putting his head in the players face will I think have serious consequences for Drysdale. I would not be surprised if he received a ban.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Referees cannot act like that whatever the provocation. While it is about time a referee stood up to these players, putting his head in the players face will I think have serious consequences for Drysdale. I would not be surprised if he received a ban.
I agree but in fairness we have seen it from one angle and players say horrendous things every flaming game

D

Deleted member 5276

Lol. Fair play to him. Refs should be issued with a truncheon , instead of a yellow card a smack up the ear hole for diving. Grealish would be black and blue
I like this idea... perhaps an electric chair by the side of the pitch as well...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but in fairness we have seen it from one angle and players say horrendous things every flaming game

Like yourself, I have been a referee for many years, and we all know we cannot lower our standards. A referee cannot act in that manner.

And Drysdale has now been charged with improper behaviour, a charge that if proven could have serious ramifications for Darren Drysdale.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still doing it mate .I might be many things but I ain’t camp
You say that almost like you think that there is something wrong with being camp.... Likely to get you into hot water in the western world in the 21st century....

Back
Top Bottom