Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you seen what he is capable of? Looks fantastic (though I admit that is what youtube clips are meant to show).
He looks quick and like he can beat players by the looks of things. We have plenty of players that can do that already. Most of the shots on the videos I've seen are scuffs.
Yes he would
Who for? Jimi or Traore? Or instead of Jota?

D

Deleted member 8913

No that's sorted Nuno is taking him with him when he goes to man Utd with neves and Jimenez. But we're getting gladon back on loan with Lee griffiths so happy days, oh and Saunders as manager

Saunders ? Surely Terry Connor is available?

lycophilos

Reaction score
It will not be a "disaster" if neither Podence nor Oliveira sign. It will not be a disaster even if no one else is signed. A squad which has just played as it has against the runaway league leaders is not a squad in a "crisis".

As for what Nuno thinks about this, I'm sure that he wouldn't want the club to pay over the odds for players. Especially as the January window is never a particularly good time to do business. Of course if Podence and/or Oliveira do sign, they ought to be welcome additions to the squad. However there have already been numerous posts saying either or both are not good enough.

It is peculiar how some fans - and it seems to be a feature of football club forums (all the ones I have visited, although I haven't visited that many) - seem to be more concerned about transfer situations then the actual football played. So many seem to want their clubs to make "statement" signings. The only statements which are worth anything in the long run are not made in the transfer market but on the pitch. I would have thought that this present Wolves side has already, in less than 3 seasons, made more than enough statements to satisfy all but the most demanding (arrogant, entitled) fans.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joe Edwards said he 'thinks' we'll sign both by next Friday but he's obviously guessing I don't think he's given any info

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The January transfer window is the worst time of the season, even off season. Be pleased when its over and done with.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
It will not be a "disaster" if neither Podence nor Oliveira sign. It will not be a disaster even if no one else is signed. A squad which has just played as it has against the runaway league leaders is not a squad in a "crisis".

As for what Nuno thinks about this, I'm sure that he wouldn't want the club to pay over the odds for players. Especially as the January window is never a particularly good time to do business. Of course if Podence and/or Oliveira do sign, they ought to be welcome additions to the squad. However there have already been numerous posts saying either or both are not good enough.

It is peculiar how some fans - and it seems to be a feature of football club forums (all the ones I have visited, although I haven't visited that many) - seem to be more concerned about transfer situations then the actual football played. So many seem to want their clubs to make "statement" signings. The only statements which are worth anything in the long run are not made in the transfer market but on the pitch. I would have thought that this present Wolves side has already, in less than 3 seasons, made more than enough statements to satisfy all but the most demanding (arrogant, entitled) fans.
You talk a lot of sense my friend.

You’d think that Wolves fans would recognise that a lot of our success has been in developing young players who were not “statement” signings, and even if we didn’t sign anyone this month, there’s every chance that our performances will improve rather than worsen, as our existing squad develop further... or another youngster comes through (Jordao?)

Such one dimensional thinking on here from some.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't our player? So his club are perfectly entitled to include him in their squad. Now if he starts then maybe we're a fair bit away from a deal but clearly we are trying and various reports suggest its pretty close.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't our player? So his club are perfectly entitled to include him in their squad. Now if he starts then maybe we're a fair bit away from a deal but clearly we are trying and various reports suggest its pretty close.

Exactly.

WolfPaul

Reaction score

Excellent post. It would be good to have a new signing but it won't define this season.

madwolf

Reaction score
Excellent post. It would be good to have a new signing but it won't define this season.
Fair enough but as far as I can remember Nuno has been expecting signings ! Ah well still 5 days to go.

Coffer Wolf

Reaction score

Talking sense on this Forum could get you banned.........

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Nash now tweeting that Podence deal still likely but we have moved on to another Striker target.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Havent said as much recently but neither deal for Oliveira or Podence imminent despite only 6 days of the window to go and clear that we need reinforcements to help the lads. The usual posters will jump in and have a go at me but concerning to me that we are now so close to the deadline and nothing appears imminent to reinforce our thin squad. We will see what happens in the next few days but will be such a shame if we get to Friday and the squad is left under strength when we have such a great opportunity this season. The lads need help and more competition.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Havent said as much recently but neither deal for Oliveira or Podence imminent despite only 6 days of the window to go and clear that we need reinforcements to help the lads. The usual posters will jump in and have a go at me but concerning to me that we are now so close to the deadline and nothing appears imminent to reinforce our thin squad. We will see what happens in the next few days but will be such a shame if we get to Friday and the squad is left under strength when we have such a great opportunity this season. The lads need help and more competition.

Jos, the reports all through last week were that he was coming to Wolverhampton this weekend for the medical. It’s Saturday night, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that there’s a hold up in that plan. The team were given 3 days off after the Liverpool game, so he’s not even missing any training.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks OK though. Obviously going to be one expensive marquee singing at 11 pm! Billy Sharp keeps scoring. Missed a trick there!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jos, the reports all through last week were that he was coming to Wolverhampton this weekend for the medical. It’s Saturday night, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that there’s a hold up in that plan. The team were given 3 days off after the Liverpool game, so he’s not even missing any training.

But he’s been named in their squad for tomorrow??

Despite what others have said on here, that seems odd if he’s supposed to be on his way out

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he’s been named in their squad for tomorrow??
An image showing a squad of 21 players that has to be reduced to 18 for the game, their actual matchday squad hasn't been announced yet

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently he's refusing to sign until this thread count hits 1000.

Last edited:

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks quick and like he can beat players by the looks of things. We have plenty of players that can do that already. Most of the shots on the videos I've seen are scuffs.

Who for? Jimi or Traore? Or instead of Jota?
Jota

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the fee is agreed between the two clubs as the first thing - otherwise they wouldn’t let the player open talks, go for medical, etc.

Back
Top Bottom