Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably fair to say he isn’t Havertz’s favourite player...

Ha, he promptly gave the ball away in a stupid place immediately after that bit of skill! (I do love him, though).

Matt Upson was praising his spark in wrestling the ball off Chilwell and saying he'd almost take a booking - thought it might get the team going. Couldn't agree more.

D

Deleted member 4184

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. Both have the same meaning
I’m not on here to argue spelling it was a tongue in cheek comment in reply to your picking up on someone typing the wrong word.

yes they do ’mean’ the same. Centre is the correct English spelling and center is the American English spelling. Just like they leave u’s out of words such as honour, colour, flavour (honor, color, flavor)

if you live in England and were born in England then I am afraid you are incorrect and it is centre.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha, he promptly gave the ball away in a stupid place immediately after that bit of skill! (I do love him, though).

Matt Upson was praising his spark in wrestling the ball off Chilwell and saying he'd almost take a booking - thought it might get the team going. Couldn't agree more.
He gave away the ball a ton in the first half last night. But it's never do to lack of effort and it's always due to trying to create space, so it's hard to get mad him for it. Skill moves aren't always going to work out, but when they do he create space to create chances - and a team that doesn't score, we definitely need that.

Last night is the perfect example. In the first half he couldn't keep the ball on his feet. In the second half, they couldn't take the ball from him when it mattered.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry but it absolutely is not. It is part of the US so-called "simplification" of English (the first part of the word in quotation marks is highly appropriate!). Try turning off English (United States) in your settings....

In a past job incarnation l spent many a happy hour demanding that spelling be corrected in NATO documents as the official language was English (United Kingdom).... I hasten to add that wasn't the main thing that l was doing but it was a nice little bonus.
Bloody hell iv started something. Sorry.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You are wrong on this one my friend. Thierry Henry, Trezeguet and Anelka were the front 3 for the French under 20 team who won the Toulon Tournament against Portugal in 96 or 97.

He scored a lot of goals for Monaco, it was when he went to Juventus that Ancelotti tried to play him more as a winger. There is nothing similar between them Podence never was a goalscorer in his life.

His strength comes from his creativity. By the way creativity is as important on a team as being a prolific goalscorer. If he was a good finisher I doubt he would be at Wolves. Not saying Wolves isn't a good level team though. I just don't want people to expect something from him that he won't deliver. If he scores 5 goals in a season, assists 10 and creates 20 chances for others it's good for the team.

Hes already on 3 goals less than half way how do you reckon he wont get at least 6 if we settle and he settles i predict 10 goals.

Reactions: PTW

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes already on 3 goals less than half way how do you reckon he wont get at least 6 if we settle and he settles i predict 10 goals.
I also think 10 goals will be about right. Which is probably more than many out and out strikers.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I firmly believe Daniel Podence will continue to go from strength to strength in the new year.
A brilliant player. :) :)

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't think of many players like him in the league, and he gets better and better every game. Absolutely fantastic he is.

Never mind if he gives it away now and then. Players who try and make things happen will always have high stats in this regard.

We can all stand on the half way playing 5 yard passes back and forth.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably fair to say he isn’t Havertz’s favourite player...

I love this clip... but what I didn't notice the first time around is absolutely priceless... look to 29 seconds in when Pod has done the 70 odd Million pound Havertz for the second time and look to Girouds face... its a thing of beauty as the big money German protégé is done once again

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far more skill than Jota. Jota would just run and was strong. Podence has skill on top. I think our best player.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love him as a no 10.. I think that is for sure his best position even more so than on the wing.

Really good signing he is turning out to be, remember some folks saying it was "underwhelming" because he wasn't a household name and from a lower ranked league. I love a gem that isn't a wonderkid or an established superstar.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know that my song for him to the tune of this old man, makes sense.....

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you notice on the live commentary they didn’t even comment on his turn past Havertz but banged on about Pulisic run into the box moments later.

Completely biased.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Did you notice on the live commentary they didn’t even comment on his turn past Havertz but banged on about Pulisic run into the box moments later.

Completely biased.

On Amazon Prime they were initially very complementary of the turn past Havertz, they stopped pretty quickly because after the turn he immediately ran into about 3 Chelsea players and gave the ball back to them. From memory the commentary went something like "oooh, a very smart turn by Podence, that wasn't so smart though"

As for him as a player he's a big talent who offers something different to all of our other players. Love his one touch play, he has a very quick footballing brain. He and Neto could become a very dangerous pairing either side of a focal point. It's all looking very promising imo

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Amazon Prime they were initially very complementary of the turn past Havertz, they stopped pretty quickly because after the turn he immediately ran into about 3 Chelsea players and gave the ball back to them. From memory the commentary went something like "oooh, a very smart turn by Podence, that wasn't so smart though"

As for him as a player he's a big talent who offers something different to all of our other players. Love his one touch play, he has a very quick footballing brain. He and Neto could become a very dangerous pairing either side of a focal point. It's all looking very promising imo

yes but they didn't replay it, yet replayed the pulisic run a couple of times. he also gave the ball away after running into too many defenders

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See the 'Entitled' Manu U fans on Red Cafe are already suggesting they should sign him and Neto in January from little old Wolves ......Makes you laugh that clubs like them are **** at recruitment and think they can leave it to clubs like us to do it for them

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is a special special player, he is one of those guys who can make magic out of nothing and is honestly to me with Neto one of the most frightening double acts in the league.

all my mates who support Chelsea, Spurs and UTD are banging on about how great he is and that he would make each of them better.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence got home and loaded up his laptop to moan about the injustice again.

he’s brilliant

so much desire and will to win and Stickinng up for what is right

the Barnes sub is a complete JOKE

Back
Top Bottom