Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Corrupt, bent, bias ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
You very conveniently forget to mention when Hwang should have been 2nd yellow carded and sent off for a blatant foul? It's not all one way. Please take off your old gold spectacles.
Seem it now, first one was probably at the soft end of a yellow, but no complaints. The second one was never a second yellow, even with the 3 extra rolls to try to get one. Ake on Neto was definitely worth a yellow for me (even if Dave Edwards differs).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pawson was shocking today, but the lino flagging before the move ended??? Why? It could’ve been inside let it finish then flag

As for the Liverpool goal the naked eye says he’s inside, level always used to be on, this toe is in front *******s is *******s

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
The free kick for their goal looked just as soft on TV as in the ground. That Kalvin Phillips one on Cunha definitely looked a bit iffy too, not much force in it, but what was he doing it at all for?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, if we just had a month without VAR, every single fan would be shaking their head at what the hell we've put up with for the last 4 years. It'd make everyone remember just how enjoyable and brilliant the sport was before this soul sucking garbage completely immersed and ruined it.
Sorry to be a pain in the **** but remembering back week after week, game after game refs and linos were making horrendously bad decisions esp over offside. As fans we were as ****ed off then as we are now. I know VAR isn't working but if we went back as to before, officials would still continue to make diabolical decisions, except those decisions would not be analysed by another official. I honestly don't know what the answer is.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We was overdue some luck.
Not luck so much I don't think? Hard work from the whole team, squad and the 3 (if it's that many) back room staff deserve a great pat on the back ......Keep it going and please Mr Shi, get these guys some support. The PL is where we need to be!!!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Jotas first yellow today? Get var to over turn **** like that, but there again they can’t overturn blatantly wrong penalties like last week!

That’s what’s wrong with var, it’s bad referees running or, let a panel of ex players do it

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
You might be right but aren’t linesmen instructed to keep the flag down and let play develop? It’s a **** show isn’t it? Handballs red cards etc can be opinion based but off sides are either on or off but we can’t even rely on VAR for that now. Needs binning
My theory was crap anyway, the lino didn't flag until he scored. No idea how they got it wrong. Will we ever know?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PGMOL admit error in Spurs Liverpool game it’s a complete farce
I was gobsmacked. He was clearly left onside by the trailing leg, and they didn't get the lines out, they just moved on in seconds. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Hopefully because it happened in a big six game that serious change will occur, but I'm sure Webb will just dish out another cliched apology and give the VAR official a week off. This failed experiment has gone beyond a joke.

Last edited:

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Spurs/Liverpool has ****ed it for VAR now we know we can no longer trust the offside protocol.

I mean, this looks completely wrong?? No way there’s that big a gap, they’re completely guessing.

IMG_3020.jpeg

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Diaz offside decision was utterly ridiculous, and as bad as our decision at Anfield back in January.I look at these things as a football fan and with no Wolves bias,there's no way that was offside,where were the lines,?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The linesman put his flag up and the celebration stopped. How on earth did he think the “on field” decision was “goal”.

Something feels off about this explanation? Perhaps they are covering a bigger error somewhere. Nothing nefarious but maybe covering for their friends / peers.
Yep, makes no sense whatsoever. It’s not like there’s only one bloke in the VAR room either. Also a goal would be what, 60 seconds plus of celebrating whereas this was all done and dusted in 10 seconds.

Absolutely stinks!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was gobsmacked. He was clearly left onside by the trailing leg, and they didn't get the lines out, they just moved on in seconds. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Hopefully because it happened in a big six game that serious change will occur, but I'm sure Webb will just dish out another cliched apology and give the VAR official a week off. This failed experiment has gone beyond a joke.
It was clearly on even without the lines which makes it even worse

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but it’s a good job Howard Webb is bald. He’d be tearing his hair out at some of these officials. Just read the explanation of why Liverpool’s goal wasn’t given. It’s Homer Simpson at the power plant levels of idiocy. Just wow. And yeah we can all giggle at Liverpool finally finally having a VAR howler go against them, but it don’t make it right.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but it’s a good job Howard Webb is bald. He’d be tearing his hair out at some of these officials. Just read the explanation of why Liverpool’s goal wasn’t given. It’s Homer Simpson at the power plant levels of idiocy. Just wow. And yeah we can all giggle at Liverpool finally finally having a VAR howler go against them, but it don’t make it right.
Klopp conveniently forgetting all the errors that have gone in Liverpool's favour as he expressed astonishment at the decision (post match on Sky). ****.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City forum calling pawson bad ref he’s the fault and reason they lost

Talk about delusional

He had a good and fair game. Too much entitlement at these money clubs

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Diaz non-goal I don’t understand why the VAR can’t just tell the ref they made a mistake and give the goal. Surely they realised their error within seconds..?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can they be so incompetent. Though don’t worry, the VAR official will get dropped from next weeks game, and then be brought back in as though nothing had happened.

I have been a long time critic of VAR, and it just isn’t getting any better. It seems every week there is a howler. Just scrap it, it has ruined the game.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
So it looks like the VAR officials thought the on-field decision was Goal and the on-field officials had given offside - is that it...

FFS how amateurish can you get...

In rugby the ref states what he thinks the on-field decisions is and asks the TMO to confirm that decision.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it looks like the VAR officials thought the on-field decision was Goal and the on-field officials had given offside - is that it...

FFS how amateurish can you get...

In rugby the ref states what he thinks the on-field decisions is and asks the TMO to confirm that decision.

It just defies belief doesn’t it? A multi million pound industry and they can’t even get the most basic decisions right.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully after the Liverpool shambles yesterday the conspiracy theorists can give up on the big club bias nonsense and realise that the problems are down to idiots being incompetent.
Think it’s the other way round

They want the game to be the most talked about league in the world and the absolute madness of some of these decisions suggests to me it is corrupt to a certain degree to do this

SingleMalt

Reaction score
The linesman put his flag up and the celebration stopped. How on earth did he think the “on field” decision was “goal”.

Something feels off about this explanation. Perhaps they are covering a bigger error somewhere. Nothing nefarious but maybe covering for their friends / peers.
Personally I think the answer is still the same. They are completely ****ing incompetent.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corruption usually involves money. I don't subscribe to big club bias but haven't discounted big money bias - particularly in the age of instant electronic betting transactions coupled with spread betting involving certain things either happening or not happening between certain minutes in games.

How often corruption hides under the cloak of incompetence.

The way that Gary Neville was saying "Oh no. Oh no." over the Liverpool offside, in mournful tones, implied to me that he knew something overtly corrupt had come into the light.

Using big clubs getting favourable decisions in order to prove corruption is a bad argument bound to fail. The worst decisions we see almost always involve a big club in televised games on SKY or BT. These are the games where the most money is bet worldwide.

Until somebody whistleblows or until the whole thing is properly investigated by somebody like the FBI did when exposing FIFA corruption, nothing will change.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Darren Lewis the Assistant Editor at the Mirror was excellent on Sky this morning when he referred to the continual mistakes and the absolute complacency surrounding the PGMOL and it’s officials .He said it can’t go on and changes have to be made .

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Think it’s the other way round

They want the game to be the most talked about league in the world and the absolute madness of some of these decisions suggests to me it is corrupt to a certain degree to do this
Wow, that's a whole new level of crazy. They're deliberately making bad decisions so the media talk about them? I've got my issues with many aspects of this, but that might be the most bizarre theory yet!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll cut the on-field official(s) some slack here as things are often going on in different areas of the pitch making it almost impossible for he/she to pick up on, but then VAR should be that extra pair of eyes and assist where neccessary. Plus the game is played at such a fast pace that that even I struggle at times to know if a challenge was fair or not, and that was the case yesterday with the Cunha incident (and I was on the Southbank).

It's interesting that few (if any) ex players go on to referee, and even less studio pundits.
It's a vocation I wouldn't take on for a gold pig.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully after the Liverpool shambles yesterday the conspiracy theorists can give up on the big club bias nonsense and realise that the problems are down to idiots being incompetent.
Still believe there’s a big club sub conscious bias, that’s different to being cheats

The other flaw in what you say is this was 2 of that big 6. If that goal had stood for say us you may have some gravitas

bully9

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain in the **** but remembering back week after week, game after game refs and linos were making horrendously bad decisions esp over offside. As fans we were as ****ed off then as we are now. I know VAR isn't working but if we went back as to before, officials would still continue to make diabolical decisions, except those decisions would not be analysed by another official. I honestly don't know what the answer is.

bully9

Reaction score
The answer is easy , go back to having a ref and a linesman who make decisions, surely if someone makes a mistake you can deal with that , but then to go too a system where it shouldn’t be wrong , makes it seem wrong to me somehow

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I thought, the VAR officials have been stood down for their next game. They will have a week off and come back as if nothing had happened. Webb should be removing them from the PGMOL group. Until that happens, the same things will continue to happen.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I thought, the VAR officials have been stood down for their next game. They will have a week off and come back as if nothing had happened. Webb should be removing them from the PGMOL group. Until that happens, the same things will continue to happen.

I agree. Problem is that they'd be no officials left!

The advancement of tech and therefore the minute scrutiny in the PL has exposed these officials for what they are. Useless.

Back
Top Bottom