Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Corrupt, bent, bias ?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if we’ve had one contentious VAR decision go our way in 3 years?

I asked that question after the Man Utd penalty not given fiasco. I couldn’t think of a single example of us being involved in a decision which ended up with an apology going to the opposition. That’s over an extended period where we’ve had multiple contentious decisions against us every season. Despite that, there are a few posters who continue to insist it is all bad luck, and will eventually even itself out. What utter bull.

T

TheConcourse

I asked that question after the Man Utd penalty not given fiasco. I couldn’t think of a single example of us being involved in a decision which ended up with an apology going to the opposition. That’s over an extended period where we’ve had multiple contentious decisions against us every season. Despite that, there are a few posters who continue to insist it is all bad luck, and will eventually even itself out. What utter bull.
It’s mad. We had a clear penalty at Southampton get overturned in our favour, think it was Johnny who got fouled and the ref missed it.

But yeah, like you, I can’t think of a single instance where we’ve got away with one.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yup.

I don't really subscribe to conspiracy but with this I do feel there is some political undertone what with our Chinese ownership.

I posted this a while back and I got the same responses you will get.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I don’t know what it is, but it seems beyond coincidence that we’ve had such bad decisions given against us.

Moutinho armpit handball at city.
Pogba shin pad high studs on neves.
The Doherty handball whilst being kicked in the face by Chris wood.
Rauls red for running into an out of control goal keeper whose foot was above knee height.
There’s so many from a few seasons back which I’d begun to forget about which are just **** poor.

It’s been non-stop against us.

Jonny penalty away at Southampton was the only one given which was as clear a penalty in real time as you’ll ever see.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to Howard Webbs apology. Just hope we find out word for word what he has to say. There appears to be one rule book for 19 clubs in the Premier and one rule book for Wolves.

He must be taking the weekend to think about it, because he apologised within minutes of the Man U game.

Webb had a meeting at Compton a few weeks ago, didn’t he? What a waste of time that was!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to Howard Webbs apology. Just hope we find out word for word what he has to say. There appears to be one rule book for 19 clubs in the Premier and one rule book for Wolves.

He must be taking the weekend to think about it, because he apologised within minutes of the Man U game.

Webb had a meeting at Compton a few weeks ago, didn’t he? What a waste of time that was!
It was easier at Old Trafford wasn't it, as he was in the ground enjoying Man Utd's corporate hospitality IIRC?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there have been a couple of 50 50 type ones that were changed in our favour, but that was cases of VAR working, I can’t think of any blatantly wrong decisions going in our favour, and think we’re up to 3 or 4 now against us in the last few years.

We’re not the only club to have had blatantly wrong decisions from refs/VAR but it certainly doesn’t seem to happen to everyone

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if we’ve had one contentious VAR decision go our way in 3 years?
We haven't done corruption on here for a few weeks now. In all those bad decisions during the past 3 years it must have involved upwards of 30 or 40 officials. Are they all part of some secret but massive plot to undermine Wolves? *******s. Football officialdom is like much in the UK now - inadequate, weak, in need of reform and not up to the job. Like everything else in life now will anything change - will it ****.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Have they removed the rule for players running into the crowd now?

Jjst noticed Saka didn’t get booked earlier
Agree. Totally inconsistent. BUT Saka is a media darling. You are not allowed to criticise. Spurs goal - they kept going on in commentary AND in half time 'experts' about how 'brilliant' Maddison was. No-one mentioned that Saka was embarrassingly inept at stopping him - and no-one even said 'Do you think Saka could have done better?' If that had been McGuire he would have been SLAUGHTERED!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yup.

I don't really subscribe to conspiracy but with this I do feel there is some political undertone what with our Chinese ownership.
The Mix is going completely bonkers now. Earlier someone suggested Fosun wanted out because HS2was not going to be built, now it's decisions are going against us because we have Chinese owners? I personally think Shi is a Chinese Government secret agent hell bent on overthrowing the West and he has been infiltrated into our society masquerading as a football Chairman. I saw through him straight away, football Chairman my ****.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we have been on the rough end of the VAR decisions over the last couple of seasons at times . But we didn't even have a shot on target against Luton town in the first half yesterday. So if you are **** and unable to score VAR will bite you even more . As if 2-0 up at halftime and then 3-0 and penalty given it wouldn't have mattered.

Our issue is we are so ****ed when VAR goes wrong as we can't score goals .

So yes it is **** VAR and seems crap but we are that poor it ****s us over more than most .

T

TheConcourse

We haven't done corruption on here for a few weeks now. In all those bad decisions during the past 3 years it must have involved upwards of 30 or 40 officials. Are they all part of some secret but massive plot to undermine Wolves? *******s. Football officialdom is like much in the UK now - inadequate, weak, in need of reform and not up to the job. Like everything else in life now will anything change - will it ****.
I mean, that kind of answers my question, in a really weird, dramatic, psychotic kinda way..

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there have been a couple of 50 50 type ones that were changed in our favour, but that was cases of VAR working, I can’t think of any blatantly wrong decisions going in our favour, and think we’re up to 3 or 4 now against us in the last few years.

We’re not the only club to have had blatantly wrong decisions from refs/VAR but it certainly doesn’t seem to happen to everyone
Thought we might have got away with a couple - Sa at Leeds similar to Onana and remember Raul kicking out (Leeds again?). Don’t know if either turned into an apology. Suspect there would be the odd tackle/last man where we were fortunate and might have forgotten.

Having said that I do think we’ve been hard done by but United we lost because we didn’t score when we should have and Luton would have been criminal to have escaped with a win.

Performances of team more of a worry than refs.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are corrupt it’s clear agenda against us

Never thought it would be our ownership but now it makes sense. Birmingham had the same fate under the last owners.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yup.

Why do you feel this?

AFAIK, relations between England and China are not so bad as to impact a ref’s thoughts during a game, subconsciously or otherwise.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At one point the wolf was at the edge of the herd baring its fangs ready to pick one or two off. Anything that threatens the status quo must be stopped so they decided to make us play against 12 every week.
Now the pack has lost its top dogs and we are fighting each other to establish the new order they are trying to finish us off.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do think we have been on the rough end of the VAR decisions over the last couple of seasons at times . But we didn't even have a shot on target against Luton town in the first half yesterday. So if you are **** and unable to score VAR will bite you even more . As if 2-0 up at halftime and then 3-0 and penalty given it wouldn't have mattered.

Our issue is we are so ****ed when VAR goes wrong as we can't score goals .

So yes it is **** VAR and seems crap but we are that poor it ****s us over more than most .
To be clear, I do not mean to single out this poster, more the mindset behind the post in a general way. But I do not understand the need to exonerate the one-way officiating errors by citing that they would be moot if Wolves played better. Do you folks remember United fans lamenting over their smash-and-grab 1-0 season-opening win, where they were second best all day long, but carved out a single goal, and were rescued by the non-PK award on Sasa by the opposing GK?? Wolves were likewise second-best yesterday at Luton, but carved out a single goal, that very well would/should have held up ... and all despite a debatable red and flurry of one-way yellows, too.

I come on this forum regularly to read more than post, but I never cease to be amazed at the stereotypical Brit "stiff upper lip" mentality when the VAR crap just continues to pile up, and instead of roasting PGMOL, Webb, the Prem and FA (where appropriate) ... too many are simply focused on GON's purported shortcomings, all but ignoring that despite the killer start of the PL fixture list, we should be on 7-8 points in 6 games, which would be mid-table after only two (2) home fixtures.

Julen took lots of heat on here earlier this year when he dared to push back and criticize the one-way ****@ show, instead of taking it quietly and using "must play better" approach favored by some on here. What your manager says in private to his team ("we must play better") does not have to be consistent with his public position ("the errors all seem to unluckily go against us") so long as his players are clued into the dual purpose the manager is trying to advance. Julen likely irked a lot of officials with his diatribes, but interestingly the bad calls faded away, the losses and draws turned into wins and draws, and Wolves found safety.

Now we no longer have Julen's willingness to do public battle on the issue, and the officials have again swung to their default position of issuing rulings against unfashionable (and apparently unlikeable) Wolves.

This feels too much like WWE for me, with decisions being made reflecting "faces" (Sky Six and plucky underdogs), and "heels" (Wolves among the remaining 10-12 clubs). Or the Harlem Globetrotters' exhibitions against the perennial patsy "Washington Generals" etc.

How long do we tolerate this way-too-regular breathtaking inconsistency of key calls curiously ALL going in the other direction?

All the way down to League One (again), or shall we aim for League Two this time around, gents???

Johnny5

Reaction score
We should take action.
Stage a walkout while on Sky. Sing **** VAR for 10 mins straight and everyone leave 30 mins before end of game. Or something similar.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should take action.
Stage a walkout while on Sky. Sing **** VAR for 10 mins straight and everyone leave 30 mins before end of game. Or something similar.
There was an against modern football group around 2011 @wwfc9 i think it was said the organiser was told to stop or something along those lines.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's happened to us since promotion
Nuno was ****ed off with the officials most games and got tired of paying the fines
Lage didn't know which direction to throw his rattle
JL couldn't believe it game after game

What we need is GON to take action and smash the var pitch side monitor

surreywolf

Reaction score
Unlikely to be an apology apparently as arm said to be In unnatural position - read twitter exchange between dale bloke from espn and lineker. Apparently deflection doesn’t matter here - feel like it changes week to week!!

Just what Gomes is supposed to do I have no idea

The espn guy says mitigating circumstances include proximity (so not sure why doesn’t count here) and says arm not in natural position

Bizarre, have people like this ever played football? Gomes is lunging to block so of course his arm goes up

It’s just rubbish. And the ref went to Beds Uni

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yup.

No politicians are involved, this is just poor officiating and bias...a lot of it led by referees who don't like technology and are desperate to prove themselves fallible in the expectation that we all just have to accept it.
The change now is that we even have refs from last season appearing on TV saying they disagree with decisions, and we have Howard Webb saying he's going to be holding refs to account.
He knows he doesn't have enough referees to cover the ones that should be demoted, and they know it too. So they will keep doing this, sowing confusion, shrugging shoulders, making it impossible to improve.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The espn guy says mitigating circumstances include proximity (so not sure why doesn’t count here) and says arm not in natural position

If a bloke is kicking the ball at your shins and you hold your arm above your head, it's in the best position to avoid giving away a handball, natural or not.
It's a complete schmozzle....if you're throwing yourself at a ball you do it with balance and movement so your whole body is moving.
These ****ers want everybody to be standing like Riverdancers with their arms by their sides or they're calling it 'unnatural'...even when they're moving !

Taking out the excuses and the need for these people to try and justify decisions is impossible.
If they cannot get you on 'natural' positioning, they will try and get you on a technicality. If you argue over the technicality, they then revert back to things like 'natural positioning'. It's like trying to hold a jellyfish.

They bring everything back to subjective argument and it's one person's word against anothers, which is the whole argument over technology again....and clubs like Wolves always end with a negative balance, clubs like Man United always end with a positive balance.

Back
Top Bottom