Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Corrupt, bent, bias ?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I thought, the VAR officials have been stood down for their next game. They will have a week off and come back as if nothing had happened. Webb should be removing them from the PGMOL group. Until that happens, the same things will continue to happen.
Exactly this. It's like putting a three year old on the naughty step for ten minutes.
It's become too frequent. However, how many times did Mike Riley apologise? Thought not.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer is easy , go back to having a ref and a linesman who make decisions, surely if someone makes a mistake you can deal with that , but then to go too a system where it shouldn’t be wrong , makes it seem wrong to me somehow
And a massive waste of money! Why’s there a VAR assistant too? It’s bull****, may as well let the Sky pundits look at it as these clowns! They’d have got less wrong

How was Villas 2nd and 3rd allowed to stand yesterday too? Blatant foul on Marsh and a clear obstruction

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, when Darren England sees they're restarting with a free kick, why can't he just go "whoa, hang on, it's a goal". Same as the ludicrous 'goal' that Villa didn't have given against them, why aren't they stepping in and sorting it? If they can't do that, then there is zero point in having them

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no reason it shouldn’t work it’s just being implemented by muppets.
For me, it’s flawed due to one single problem alone … the cancellation of goals that removes the goal celebration. To celebrate a ‘goal’ and then see it ruled out 3 or 4 minutes later is just sickening. All the other problems are secondary.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Craig Pawson will now assume England's duties as fourth official at the City Ground while Eddie Smart will take over from Cook as assistant referee at Craven Cottage," said referees' body PGMOL.

My mind initially read this as England's VAR being replaced, which is actually what's required. They would be better served getting Billy Smart (rather than Eddie) involved and just accepting it's a circus!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, when Darren England sees they're restarting with a free kick, why can't he just go "whoa, hang on, it's a goal". Same as the ludicrous 'goal' that Villa didn't have given against them, why aren't they stepping in and sorting it? If they can't do that, then there is zero point in having them
Again, a challenge system fixes this. If Klopp is given the authority to say to the fourth official, "We believe Diaz was onside, we want to officially challenge the linesman's decision." then there can be no confusion between referee and VAR official. The decision must be looked at in isolation on its own merits.

Last edited:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still believe there’s a big club sub conscious bias, that’s different to being cheats

The other flaw in what you say is this was 2 of that big 6. If that goal had stood for say us you may have some gravitas
Liverpool had Mac Allister sent off against Bournemouth a few weeks ago for no reason. VAR failed to over turn the decision which was rescinded after the game.
A woeful decision against Liverpool playing against a premier league minnow.

The sooner football fans lose the victim mentality and crying about bias the better. It’s a shambles for everyone.

The fact that Liverpool, the second biggest club in the country playing to go top of the league, have had a perfectly good goal ruled out for no reason other than incompetence should surely make people realise that it’s not bias, just people who are **** at there jobs making decisions.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool had Mac Allister sent off against Bournemouth a few weeks ago for no reason. VAR failed to over turn the decision which was rescinded after the game.
A woeful decision against Liverpool playing against a premier league minnow.

The sooner football fans lose the victim mentality and crying about bias the better. It’s a shambles for everyone.

The fact that Liverpool, the second biggest club in the country playing to go top of the league, have had a perfectly good goal ruled out for no reason other than incompetence should surely make people realise that it’s not bias, just people who are **** at there jobs making decisions.
You do realise both things can live in the same world! If you think there’s no sun conscious bias then you’ll be amazed when you look into the world of advertising

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR should be that extra pair of eyes and assist where neccessary
The really concerning fact was that VAR had two pairs of eyes to "assist" and it seems that the two officials concerned couldn't even communicate efficiently with each other, let alone with the ref on the field.

Years ago, I "reffed" a match that featured our former fullback Roy Pritchard, and was fairly rubbish at it. But then again it wasn't part of a mega-rich globally-watched league with £millions at stake.

You couldn't make it up. In fact, if you saw it as part of a TV drama, you'd turn it off as being unbelievable (Jeff).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Apparently the VAR had been off reffing in the UAE on Thursday evening and might have been tired. I mean £850 for 90 minutes 'work' when for 80 of those minutes they just sit and watch. Tough job.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool expressing there downright displeasure, at yesterday’s shambles.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Am i allowed to say it??

See when people think that song is about one thing, it’s sooooo not!!

Told a Liverpool’s fan straight today, you feel hard done too??? Try being us! He said the United game was a penalty and admitted the Luton penalty was wrong, I said that’s just this season!!!!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

What does that mean? Legal action?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They should be fined!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s honestly embarrassing now

Mic the refs up to all

Refs review decisions on big screens and not a ref in stockley park

30 seconds for decisions. If not sure - decision stands

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s difficult not to reply to Liverpool‘s statement with anything other than a ‘boo-hoo‘ type response.

However, this may just lead to a major review and a serious re-think on VAR.

Regardless of the team that you support, VAR is doing the game a lot of harm.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

What does that mean? Legal action?
I really hope it means legal action.

Can you imagine if that decision happened at the end of the season, with LiVARpool needing a point to win the Premier League!

I do think that clubs will eventually take legal action if it is proved VAR or referees have made season changing wrong decisions. They currently get away scot free and just carry on getting well paid. Controversial, I know but with so much at stake, why shouldn’t this happen?

Absolute disgrace again yesterday, just like Jotas first booking when the Spurs player tripped himself up. It is happening every single week and all we do is talk about it. Time something was actually done!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this.

Firstly they aren’t the first club to have been done by the officials. What are they after? The 3 points? Does that mean we get a point for the united game??

On the other hand enough, you understand mistakes can happen and accept that in the hope lessons will be learnt. But nothing is changing. They aren’t learning in fact it’s got worse.

It’s now time for the premier league and FA to step in.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s honestly embarrassing now

Mic the refs up to all

Refs review decisions on big screens and not a ref in stockley park

30 seconds for decisions. If not sure - decision stands
I think they need to get rid of VAR altogether and bring the game back to it's real time roots where the ref makes a decision in the heat of the moment and we just get on with the game

VAR is making all sporting codes so painful to watch these days imo not just socer

ok ok I said soccer on purpose just to get a raise from the usual suspects but you get my point

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Bit torn, it might be the worst one yet, feels like a weekly prize, if it makes something change like getting rid of VAR (no chance) or automated offside (might happen) then we all win. Will still annoy me that it's happened because it's a Top 6 team and not an 'other 14' side.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Don't recall Liverpool being this vociferous in their defence of sporting integrity following the FA Cup debacle last year.
To be fair klopp highlighted how we were robbed at old Trafford

Actually no don’t be fair to them

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var is incompetently run. Too much pressure to get it right quickly, too matey to wish to tell mate they have got it wrong.

VAR could be run independently either by a separate VAR panel or by FIFA/UEFA to ensure consistency and independence.

FWIW - I didn’t celebrate Hwang’s goal as I thought VAR would find Cunha offside. Unlike Leicester 4-3 or City 3-2 I therefore feel like I missed out.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If there's one thing Liverpool are good at its playing the victim

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var is incompetently run. Too much pressure to get it right quickly, too matey to wish to tell mate they have got it wrong.

VAR could be run independently either by a separate VAR panel or by FIFA/UEFA to ensure consistency and independence.

FWIW - I didn’t celebrate Hwang’s goal as I thought VAR would find Cunha offside. Unlike Leicester 4-3 or City 3-2 I therefore feel like I missed out.
City 3-2? I was expecting the equaliser to be disallowed for a foul by Adama.

Back
Top Bottom