Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're selling Collins as he isn't up to scratch and will turn us a profit, then surely we should move CC on too?

Loads of good memories but time he goes TBH
Agree, if Collins isn’t what J Lo is wanting then coady is 100% out too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me that a lot of people on here are saying Bruno wanted him out that's why he left are he same people that where saying BRUNO BALL is fantastic.. He left for one reason and one reason alone England call up for the world cup.. of which he played no part (thank God) Now he is not wanted by Everton and Dyche. He wants back in... NO can Do sell sell sell and the ironic thing is that we are selling his replacement Collins who is also ****. Add to that Kilman relies on both of them to be able to play!! what a ****ing mess Fosun.. sell up for my sanity.
I wonder what your sanity was like through years of Chump-level midtable obscurity....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have any issues with any of the things he's done. Footballers will tend to do the things they think are best for their careers. Far too often fans have been annoyed with the likes of Moutinho, Boly, Coady, etc because they haven't done things in the way we've wanted them to do them. I do think fans need to take the emotion out of things and look at them objectively at times.

From a football perspective, he isn't what we need and he won't fit Lopetegui's vision so it's a moot point. If he ends up at Leicester, good luck to him - it would be a good move for both of club and player.
I would add "and their pockets" to your second sentence but would otherwise agree.

I am always amused by fans who demand loyalty one minute because it suits the club and then, because things have shifted, demand that players should go anywhere regardless of their own interests......

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly think this move just makes sense and is right for all parties involved.... He needed a fresh start elsewhere especially after last season no way he could just come back this season and carry on like before imo....

Let's hope we get a decent fee for him aswell!
I suspect that means that they are aiming to clear out many of the older players and are bringing in Coady to provide leadership and guidance to the youngsters. If we can get £7-8M plus add-ons....

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to say I think this is a brilliant move for everyone. Coady - yes, it the Champ but it's Leicester, they really want him and he'll almost certainly be captain.
Leicester - Coady is a brilliant signing for the Championship. £5m and a three year contract with an option? Superb signing.
Wolves - £5m in and wages off the books. Let's be honest, he could never really have come back

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him.

Likely taking a pay cut too? Credit where credit is due. He is putting playing football ahead of anything else and winning another Championship wouldn't look too shabby on his CV.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say I think this is a brilliant move for everyone. Coady - yes, it the Champ but it's Leicester, they really want him and he'll almost certainly be captain.
Leicester - Coady is a brilliant signing for the Championship. £5m and a three year contract with an option? Superb signing.
Wolves - £5m in and wages off the books. Let's be honest, he could never really have come back
Bacon is that Kosher? :D

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Makes sense on all counts. His time at wolves is done and we dont want the spectre of an influential club captain in the reserves. Should be an outpouring of support as he maximised his own ability and skills to help wolves. He isnt good enough defensively for the premier league though so yeah just makes perfect sense to me

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Wolves rejected first offer, Leicester confident of getting him. Talksport headlines.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That move to Everton really has proved disastrous for him, if he'd of stayed we'd likely have gone back to a 5 and he would've played

Jjst ashame he couldn’t support players ahead of him when he got dropped

Tarnished his reputation as a great leader of our club imo - exact opposite of what he should have said.

Good luck to him but I’m glad he is going

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, i imagine it would be something like 3 million because they heard about everton's 4.5 million prospective fee to buy him.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester fans on one of their forums aren't sounding too impressed...

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Would be a good move for all parties. As much as I appreciate what he has done in the past I think he would cramp Lopetegui's style, both in terms of formation and a big voice in the dressing room which may have caused conflict. Will be interesting who becomes Captain this season. Ballon Dawson or a new signing?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester fans on one of their forums aren't sounding too impressed...
Just spoke to my Leicester neighbour who is also not an happy bunny one bit. "How we have fallen" was one of his comments.

Made me think, does a recently Championship side have actually higher standards than us?

Perhaps slightly indicative of our own expectations that we were prepared to have him back ?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not exactly scathing!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just spoke to my Leicester neighbour who is also not an happy bunny one bit. "How we have fallen" was one of his comments.

Made me think, does a recently Championship side have actually higher standards than us?

Perhaps slightly indicative of our own expectations that we were prepared to have him back ?
Were we prepared to have him back really? The club and player aren't going to say otherwise. As for Leicester fans they need to accept there a Championship club with what that brings. Probably difficult after winning the league and FA cup fairly recently but that's tough taters!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, i imagine it would be something like 3 million because they heard about everton's 4.5 million prospective fee to buy him.
Did Everton pay us a loan fee as well?

I thought they did, which reduced the prospective fee to £4.5million.

If that’s what happened, we would want more than Everton were going to pay.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Funny how people are prepared to let Silva go for a massive loss, even though we need a productive forward, but aren't prepared to take a small profit on Coady, who we do not need.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well maybe, but the fact is Everton have already paid the loan fee so you we should be indifferent to somebody else at least matching their option fee.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jjst ashame he couldn’t support players ahead of him when he got dropped

Tarnished his reputation as a great leader of our club imo - exact opposite of what he should have said.

Good luck to him but I’m glad he is going
Dropped or unceremoniously dumped? ……huge difference.

Let’s be honest, we don’t know the full story so perhaps let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.

He hasn’t tarnished his reputation with some of us…….not at all.

Back
Top Bottom