Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
ah well, another year with my wallet staying tightly shut.

briefly got excited about the away one until someone pointed out the bizarre triangles on the shoulder (note they're a different colour to the 'gold' in the collar)

home strip: why does every black bit need white piping FFS

and as for the sponsor..... just dreadful.

i suppose i should be grateful they're relatively plain and harmless, but what does it take to design something tasteful and in harness with our heritage.
I'm not sure the colour is different actually, think it might just be an illusion from the watermark.

I don't know why the white bit on the sponsor logo on the gold kit grates so much, but it really does AGAIN.

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Manbetx really need to sort their own logo out it's so bad. Just fix that weird logomark so that it works with the rest of text. Make the logomark a single colour then it would work reasonably well.

Not going to happen I guess.

As for the kit, those pics are, well, alright I guess, not got me all that excited. The away one is the more appealing from what we see there.

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Love them apart from the sodding white McDonald’s poker chip! Bloody ruins it. Just make the sponsor logo all black and it’s a winner!
Do poker chips actually look like that?

I don't gamble really so it's not clear that's what it is! Bit of a logo fail.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is white in the badge.
There was white piping on the 08/09 promotion shirt. No issue with it
I've no issue with a splash of white, I even prefer a kit with some trim so that it breaks up the solid colours and better suits the more rotund of us.

At first glance though I'm very disappointed with these designs. I thought going down the bespoke route and away from templated kits would mean we might get something special, something classy.

Who'd want these as a template? Nobody, that's who. FFS.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until they've been officially launched with proper photos of the team modelling them as "leaks" are usually under dodgy lighting at weird angles etc. The best one has to be the white away although the home doesn't look too bad to me. The sponsor is a shame as it does look like the deal has been extended.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed if they’re the kits. Away one looks like a Spurs shirt

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i continue to be gobsmacked by the ineptitude of wolverhampton wanderers' kit designers

they briefly got their **** together in 2018 but apart from that, have been complete and utter carp for my entire adult life.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ignore the sponsor - it’s terrible but it’s not going away. Away strip looks very smart. Home colour fine, but don’t know what’s going on with those black and white panels on the sides.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home colour still yellow, dreadful sponsor logos and truly awful side and or shoulder panels. Jees Im glad Im too old to seriously want to buy one!!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ignore the sponsor - it’s terrible but it’s not going away. Away strip looks very smart. Home colour fine, but don’t know what’s going on with those black and white panels on the sides.

why gold triangles on the away strip shoulders? why?

does vinny say 'it's a bit plain and white - i know let's use up that left-over bit of gold to jazz it up'

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will wait to see the official images, but can’t say I’m excited for these... whys it so hard to design a good top? Plenty of good concepts going around that knock these out the park. Quite like the gold colour though. Hope these are nonsense images or early designs? The guy at the round table in the videos was getting excited for these.... Really?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only babbies buy kits to dress up like their heroes. I couldn't give a flying **** what the kit looks like on a balding obese dad of 6 from the Wrenner, just make it gold and stylish.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new Rangers tracksuit looks decent enough, a little bland but if we had that in black with our crest would be half decent. Seems to be £95 though and maybe just the jacket!

20210602_225421.jpg

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh, so to speak.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughtd about the home top. Very nice bar those horrid blocks!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed if they’re the kits. Away one looks like a Spurs shirt
First thing I thought as well.

I like that they’ve tried to make it look like the 88/89 away shirt but the yellow bit ruins it and the red sleeve sponsor.

Really pleased with my blue bukta and tyre print Goodyear shirt Iv bought for £35 in the last few months, first kits Iv bought in 29 years, wouldn’t even consider spending £55 on any of these.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No kit can save just how ugly the sponsor’s logo is. Shame as the away kit is so close to being brilliant (just remove the logo and the triangles).

Also, are those air holes down the side of the home shirt?
Rhinestones.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new Rangers tracksuit looks decent enough, a little bland but if we had that in black with our crest would be half decent. Seems to be £95 though and maybe just the jacket!

View attachment 21744
£95 for a ****ing tracksuit top?? :tearsofjoy:

I know I'm middle-aged and wildly out of touch but do people really pay that kind of money for a bloody trackie top??

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The expectations of some of you lot in here are incredible

In fairness, I think that all people "expect" (or perhaps "would like" is closer to the truth) is pretty much what is in those photos... but without the odd little embellishments. That crisp, white away shirt is the finished article ... then some designer adds weird yellowy triangles just below the shoulder; the home kit looks pretty good to me ... and, again, somebody decides that they want little black boxes on the sides and three peculiar, black dots (unless they're part of the photo watermark overlay!). It's adding fiddly bits and bobs for the sake of it onto what are, essentially, strong and clean designs. Perhaps in real life, these extra elements won't 'pop' quite as much and blend into the background (same with the colour - best to judge that in real life) but when shirt pics suddenly appear, people let their eyes crawl all over them searching out everything they hate... June/July is annual new-shirt-hating season in football! :)

Personally, I've not bought a shirt since the 90's so I suppose it's not much bother to me but, for what it's worth, the above are my thoughts... if these prove to be the actual shirts then they're 95% of the way there but I think a lot of folks like clean shirt designs, free of unnecessary flim-flam.

Back
Top Bottom