Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton verdict

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Well surrendered lads!!!!! Game was won at half-time all we had to do was compete second half and we didn't, we were bullied. No leaders no fight. Nuno, we can't see out matches the same every week, no matter how much you say we are going to learn from our mistakes and improve we never do!!! What's happened to our defending?Can't keep a clean sheet at the minute hang your heads in shame. God knows where the next 3 points are coming from. We have no momentum or confidence and are going one way. Shocking!!!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Total control and a challenge that would have embarrassed a 17 year old is made by the most experienced player on the pitch and all control we had went out the window. Got away with a couple, could easily have lost it but should have won it with the last touch

Not sure why people are saying anything about negative subs, plainly obvious from our bench that any change would have been a defensive one.

Get a striker in for the next game and hopefully a couple of players back. It's a tough time at the minute with so many injuries, but we'll come out the other side

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the situation we were in when Moutinho gives away the pen.

Absolutely ridiculous and not one you expect from your most experienced CM. So poor.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing ****ed off but not surprised. Brighton away is a disaster zone for us and today’s game was a perfect example. Our most experienced player made a stupid mistake and gave them the advantage. I’m pleased we didn’t lose it in the end but thoroughly ****ed after the excellent first half.

Worst after that is to come on here and read all the doom merchants taking full advantage.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

For me that was the worst performance under Nuno. We used to surprise teams with our strong defence and pace and skill in attack - we’ve changed our style and turned into Newcastle or Crystal Palace.

I hate to say it but Mouts should only be coming off the bench to add some experience, maybe starting the odd big game.

Looks like the great times of watching us under Nuno could well be over. A sad day.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fortunately, I had a power cut for all but the last 3 minutes of the second half so I missed watching the collapse and had to make do with listening to Talksport. It didn't sound good. And from what I saw in the first half three goals to us was flattering. But Brighton wasn't good either. In this season of goodwill, we gifted each other goals.

I never expected a lot of goals in that game, and given their records this season both teams should be embarrassed to concede three each.

The commentators seemed to give credit to Potter for the changes he made at half-time. If that is accurate I do wonder how Potter could outthink Santo. Potter isn't a good manager in my opinion, but it sounded like he made the right changes and Santo didn't.

Just one more frustrating performance to add to an increasingly frustrating season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutino neves and then nuno cost us that match

absolutely abysmal from the experienced moutinho

We miss dendoncker massively

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be upset if we stuck to what we know, 5 at the back and hit on the counter. Like previous 2 seasons. Could be the way to finish.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with Nuno bringing Kilman on. We were struggling in the second half from the second they got the pen and we needed to change it. Once they scored the equaliser they didn't put us under much pressure again until a couple of corners late on. Essentially though we are so light with Fabio up front we always seem to be on the back foot. Pity OO couldn't finish that last chance, but I don't think it was tactics or attitude that cost us in the second half, they simply played on the front foot more and got the boost of that daft penalty. If we'd been able to keep it at 3-1 for the first 15 minutes I reckon we would have coasted to victory.
Adama our most effective performer, Saiss looked good again - desperately unlucky with the deflection for the equalizer.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Played really well first half but conceded another awful goal.

Game was completely dead and buried and all we had to do was take the sting out of any fast start they would have been aiming for at the start of the second half. Complete brain fade from a player who should know better absolutely changed the whole momentum of the game.

I’m obviously in the minority but I actually agreed with the Kilman change. The momentum had changed and we were looking hugely susceptible from set pieces so I can understand going back to the 3-4-3 and adding Kilman in there.

We still should have managed the game better but it all swings on that decision from Joao.

Special word for Adama. Simply brilliant and actually showed more fight and workrate than any of our other players.

Patricio 5
Semedo 7
Coady 5
Saiss 6
Ait-Nouri 5
Neves 7
Moutinho 4
Traore 8
Vitinha 6
Neto 6
Silva 5

Unforgivable to not pick up the win from that position.
Disagree about Neto and Silva .They were both abysmal second half .Neither could hold the ball up
So angry with how we blew this .Nuno has to look in the mirror .

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui - 7
Semedo - 7
Coady - 7
Saiss - 6
Ait Nouri - 5
Neves - 9
Moutinho - 3
Traore - 8
Silva - 4 { zero service
Neto - 6

I’d agree with that apart from Neves 9.

We cannot keep the ball in their half, too many off our players run with their heads down and we have no experience.

Buying expensive teenagers who’ve played next to no first team games in Portugal never mind the Premier League is costing us.

We need some older heads and our manager needs to get a grip.

Last edited:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho is done for. Its so sad considering how great he's been but he's lost it entirely and everytime i see him in a lineup I cringe.

We need to spend this month on actual first teamers not damn teenagers ffs

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult to know what to make of that. Thought we had turned a corner when we went 3-1 up, but can see know that we had an extraordinary amount of luck that knocked Brighton. 3-1 at HT and we should go on to win, but a penalty 11 secs into the second half given away by our most experienced player gave Brighton the momentum and we never recovered it. Traore was always a threat but difficult to find any other positives. Even the irrepressible Neto was pants. A long, hard winter with the squad as it currently stands.

Ratings;

Rui - 6 - Might have done better with the first, but hardly at fault with the others.
Ait-Nouri - 5 - At fault for the cross leading to Brighton's first and lucky with a weak header back to Rui.
Saiss - 7 - Good header for our first but bullied at Brighton corners.
Cody - 6 - As Saiss, but without the goal.
Semedo - 5 - First assist should have given him some confidence, but a mare of a second half.
Moutinho - 5 - Really, a player of his experience gives a penalty away like that at the start of the second!!
Neves - 6 - Took the penalty well , but little else.
Neto - 5 - Worst game for a long time.
Vintinha - 5- Can't remember him contributing.
Traore - 7 - Gave Burn the run around and a constant threat.
Silva - 4 - Pointless.

Subs;

Kilman - 6 - Sent on to shore us up. Not sure he did that!
Otasowie - N/A - How did he miss?

Not even annoyed that we threw away the chance to win at Brighton, just resigned that this Wolves team does that!

North Bank

Reaction score
Kilman didn’t make sense because it was us sitting back inviting pressure for 20+ mins yet again

But you’ve got 2 players at the back who’ve played all over Christmas, with 2 midfielders in front of them who’ve done the same and Vitinha not really doing a lot. So add an extra man at the back. Negative yes, as I said in my post, but required. The only other thing you’d do is swap him for Otasowie which he did anyway later on.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hand on heart I'm still happy with a point. I agree that being overly defensive cost us but quite honestly what could we have done? 65 minutes in and they were over running our midfield and back to targeting Ait Nouri on our left. Seemed to make sense to go with a back 3 and drop Vitinha. In the end they should have had a goal awarded and we were lucky to scrape by. Not ideal and not the best way to start a Saturday but it would have been worse had we lost. A point gained. Silva tho...ouch.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman coming on for Vitinha just summed up that second half. A total and utter shambles and negative crap by our head coach again.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ****ing hate Brighton, they are the bane of our lives. We are sorely missing leaders all over the pitch and too many players put in below-par performances, especially Rui, Semedo and Mouts, but even Pedro Neto wasn't on form tonight. Whatever the half-time team talk was from Nuno, it didn't flippin' work: there's a lot of work to do now sorting us out, because we too often look a shambles. At least it wasn't a defeat.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno best be on the phone to Jeff saying I need a striker and options before the baggies on the 16th preferably by this fa Cup weekend

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Awful game management second half.

To come out and give a penalty away 11 seconds in with a lazy leg by Moutinho was ludicrous. Vitinha for Killman at 3-2 was weak, defensive minded but I can see the thought process behind it and Vitinha was a passenger throughout.

To then take off your only forward in the squad for a midfielder at 3-3 shows at that stage Nuno thought we couldn't win and wanted to hold on to a draw. Poor from him which is a worry as he's doing little things week in week out at the moment that mirror what he did at Porto at the end of his season there, playing with fear of losing more than desire to win. I know Otasowie should really have scored with that free header but a mistimed jump pretty much summed up that second half.

We should never just give up trying to win a game like second half against anyone but to play with fear when 3-1 up against Brighton was poor to see and the end result was something you could see a mile off

A couple of decent performances in there though, Semedo did will as did Traore. And the first half was positive in the main.

Thought Silva tried hard but nothing came off for him, likewise Neto who didn't do a lot other than the moment for the second goal.

D

Deleted member 5962

People can say injuries havent helped, but to be brutally honest, this is something people have been pointing to for years, we rode our luck with injuries in a small squad that only play for 30 mins of a game because the manager cant deal with rotation in a normal sized squad. The same manager who has repeatedly taken attacking players off and kneecapped our momentum to defend single goal leads and it has repeatedly come back to bite us. The same manager who is sat sulking on the sidelines like he doesnt want to be here while his team look like a bunch of headless chickens lacking any clear signs of coaching.

There is something rotten behind the scenes right now and Nuno either needs to shape the **** up or he needs to walk, as we are not at all too good to go down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shambles.

Adama had a good game and maybe Saiss and Coady. The rest were abject.

we conceded 3 and could have been more. They won every header in the box so cant accept our centre halves had a good game. Coady needs to take some ****ing responsibility on set pieces and stop letting our full backs pick up their Center halves. He hides. Did same at Burnley.

Last edited:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Absolutely ******** dreadful second half performance from us - maybe the worst under Nuno.

To gift them a goal back within 11 seconds of the restart was just ridiculous. Neves and Traore basically tackle each other and then Moutinho sticks out a leg for the bloke to tumble over for a penalty.

TBH the game + the bench looked like an Nuno advertisement for new signings from Fosun.

Fuming.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman coming on for Vitinha just summed up that second half. A total and utter shambles and negative crap by our head coach again.
I disagree. We needed to make a change as we were getting overrun. We have been very good at getting over the line in the last few seasons so I agree with nuno's tactics.

Players were poor though and three individual errors cost us.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Substituting Vitinha for kilman at 3-2 confirms in my head that Nuno is too defensive to take us further.
Nuno said pre-season that we’d become too one dimensional, that we needed to create more from different areas and to score more goals. When we brought in lots of defenders and only one on loan midfielder and a teenage understudy to Raul, it didn’t shout out that we were looking to be more create in our style of play!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were fortunate to get a point over the full game, to be honest. Only one attacker offered anything for us for large periods of the game and the defensive organisation was absolutely nil all game long. We were consistently unable to win the first header whenever the ball came into our box... and this is against a team who have been unable to win a game at home for months and months.

Unless we take the lead in the final seconds of the game (such a shame that Otasowie couldn't do it for us) we look completely incapable of managing the situation at present. We struggled badly to even see out the 1-0 at home to Fulham.

Transfer upgrades need to be in place very quickly or this will be nothing more that a season of dragging ourselves to 40 points.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Alarm bells ringing for me, we’re sliding towards the wrong end of the table and I’ve heard this of teams before ‘they’re too good to go down’ and what has happened.
If we don’t snap out of this we will be in a relegation fight, without a doubt, I honestly can’t see right now where our next win will come from.
Wrong players sold IMO, too quick to bin off a tried and tested way of playing and poor recruitment...bad luck with injuries aside (but every team has their share) Nuno needs to find the solution and fast. We are light years away from the previous high standards, that was shocking but worryingly no longer an ‘off day’.
I think after this the clock has started ticking.
Really p**ssed off after that garbage.

Back
Top Bottom