Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brendan Rogers with a d

W

WasStefan

He seemed quite happy/ chilled yesterday before the Utd game. Talking with staff etc.

He also can’t be unhappy with the situation. I was reading that Leicester have spent net £70mn in each of the past 5 or 6 transfer windows.

Can’t see him leaving and can’t see them sacking him to be honest.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really care if our new man eats puppies and pulls up flowers at old peoples homes to be honest, as long as he can turn our players into attacking winners I don’t care, I haven’t got to take him home to meet my mum and dad.
You - "mum, dad, this is my new manager Brendan"

Mum - "oh what happened with Bruno?"

You - "it was okay at first, but he's just so boring, but he has no idea he's boring and thinks everything is fine. I couldn't take it anymore".

Dad - "I never liked him anyway, couldn't understand what he was saying and his tracksuit was too big. Scruffy git".

Mum - "you can do better anyway, he looks like a goblin. Cup of tea Brendan?".

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s meant to be on a ridiculous contract, one that puts him in the top 3/4 in the league as best paid.

So, regardless of whether we can get near that, it’s going to be difficult for Leicester to sack him considering they’re skint & he’s surely not going to walk away from such money.

Unfortunately for them this probably drags on a long time.

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
You - "mum, dad, this is my new manager Brendan"

Mum - "oh what happened with Bruno?"

You - "it was okay at first, but he's just so boring, but he has no idea he's boring and thinks everything is fine. I couldn't take it anymore".

Dad - "I never liked him anyway, couldn't understand what he was saying and his tracksuit was too big. Scruffy git".

Mum - "you can do better anyway, he looks like a goblin. Cup of tea Brendan?".
Dad - Brendan, is that a picture of yourself on your phone wallpaper?

Clipboard

Reaction score
Seems to be unhappy with Leicester’s transfer buisiness. Seemed to be suggesting he was quitting in press conference last night.

Could he be our new manager if Lage does not get a result tomorrow.

Maybe he’s been spoken to to already.
Nice thought, but wishful thinking i reckon.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he fail at Liverpool?
A Gerard slip away from winning them the league for the first time in ages.
He only ‘failed’ at Liverpool because he started smashing a younger woman and the Liverpool squad were really fond of Rodger’s wife. He lost all their respect and Rodger’s attention was taken up with his new piece and separation from his Mrs.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't really care about his ego and what his personality is like. If he can get a decent squad playing good football , scoring goals and winning matches would happily take him in a heart beat. I just don't get what Bruno's identity is. Feel he is out of depth tactically, man management wise and hope he is replaced much sooner rather than later. We have a good squad now but I feel Bruno is capable of taking it down

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the door frames at Compton wide enough to get his ego through?
Big ego but Howe is the same and he's doing a great job at Toon.

Would represent an upgrade on Lage, there's no doubt about that. Reckon Villa might beat us to the punch though.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester fans point out that Brendan brought in players at a considerable amount all of whom have pretty much flopped. And he still hasn’t been able to solve their defensive frailties.

He got lucky at Liverpool and still couldn’t win the title and Celtic was an easy pay day. Brenda’s succes at Celtic is also put into context with Postecoglou’s first season as Celtic boss. No experience of European league football whatsoever. When he was announced it was ‘Postey who?’ and predictions of doom were soon flying around as were guffaws aplenty from the other Glasgow team. Not guffawing any more. In fact, with his attacking style there may be EFL clubs after Postey who? soon.

I think in very short time, Brendan will be blaming the board when results don’t go his way.

A final quote from a Leicester fan about their manager:

‘It’s his inability to own up to his failings that grates me most about this bloke.

He and his mate congerton signed the dross he’s wanting to get rid of. He had been backed financially, it’s just our owners have quite rightly said you need to get rid of those who aren’t part of the plans.

His attitude in the press is reverberating onto the pitch, how would you like to go into work every day and hear your manager mouthing off about how you’re not up to standards?

He is the reason we are bottom. He is not the man to turn it around. He’s a careerist looking for his next move and to be absolved of all blame.

We have a decent squad, not top half standard anymore but certainly not relegation standard.

Get him gone.’

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be unhappy with Leicester’s transfer buisiness. Seemed to be suggesting he was quitting in press conference last night.

Could he be our new manager if Lage does not get a result tomorrow.

Maybe he’s been spoken to to already.
I ****ing hope not - I cannot stand the man :mad:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some would say Bruno is a bit of a bell end as well, so I'm not sure why that should preclude Rodgers from being our next manager. He's 'only' won an FA Cup, two Scottish trebles, got Liverpool to within a whisker of the Premier League title, and given Leicester their best league finishes since they won the darned thing, though. And all before the age of 50.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been saying for a few weeks that Rodgers days are numbered at Leicester. I live near to Leicester and know quite a few of their fans. He is not popular at all and the team were jeered last night and for the first time there were a few at the ground calling for him to go.

Regarding Leicester City. In recent seasons they have won the league, won the FA Cup, had two top five finishes and reached the semi final of a European competition. They have had a poor start to the season and the fans are turning on the team and manager. They must be the most fickle fans in the country.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been saying for a few weeks that Rodgers days are numbered at Leicester. I live near to Leicester and know quite a few of their fans. He is not popular at all and the team were jeered last night and for the first time there were a few at the ground calling for him to go.

Regarding Leicester City. In recent seasons they have won the league, won the FA Cup, had two top five finishes and reached the semi final of a European competition. They have had a poor start to the season and the fans are turning on the team and manager. They must be the most fickle fans in the country.

After a long run of smart transfer windows, where they sell a star and buy 1-2 great younger players, Leicester seem to have lost their way this summer. I can see why that’s annoyed the fans beyond a poor start.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sadly I think a fair few are saying the same thing about us.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a long run of smart transfer windows, where they sell a star and buy 1-2 great younger players, Leicester seem to have lost their way this summer. I can see why that’s annoyed the fans beyond a poor start.

That’s why this strategy is always a risk. Southampton ran out of gems and similar happening at Leicester.

Feels a bit similar to us too, Nunes and Guedes have a way to go to prove they’re Neves/ Jota class (I’m confident they will).

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s why this strategy is always a risk. Southampton ran out of gems and similar happening at Leicester.

Feels a bit similar to us too, Nunes and Guedes have a way to go to prove they’re Neves/ Jota class (I’m confident they will).

I agree. On paper they should be, but that doesn’t always hold true as we know.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So in Brendan's head his inner voice is going "Oi Brendan, looking lovely today by the way, you know we are thinking about getting out of Leicester, did you just see what Scott Parker did. Lose tonight and start slagging the club off in your post-match, then bingo, you get the tin tack and your contract paid up!"

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So in Brendan's head his inner voice is going "Oi Brendan, looking lovely today by the way, you know we are thinking about getting out of Leicester, did you just see what Scott Parker did. Lose tonight and start slagging the club off in your post-match, then bingo, you get the tin tack and your contract paid up!"

That's how I read the situation. Also what is going on with Tielemans. Are they now going to let him run down the last year of his contract and leave for free? And Maddison wanted to talk to Newcastle United, but wasn't allowed to do so. There is something not right there at the moment.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s Rodgers with a ‘d’ and I’d take him over Lage, mind you I’d take Ted Rogers over Lage!
At the moment I would even go for Roy Rogers which would be ironical as it would mean that Trigger would then be replaced by Trigger's rider.

1662120332644.png

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be very happy with him and for me he's definitely a level above Lage

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rodgers is a nob, but a bloody good manager and I’d have him here any day

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute zero fit, I can't see us having a British manager with our setup.
This for me too. He would choose Villa over us, but as long as we have Fosun in charge, and a host of foreign players, i could never see us employing a British-based head coach.

If/when Lage goes, I think it will be another Portuguese coach incoming.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Not for me. His depressive demeanour is not what a dressing room needs. His fire seems to have gone. It happens with age. Not much evidence of his 'brilliant coaching'; he has some outstanding players at his disposal, but the only strategy seems to be 'get it to Jamie Vardy''. Remember that bloody goal by Vardy at Leicester last year? No-one else would have got it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's pretty odd that people think he's procluded because he's arrogant. How many managers can people name who are successful but humble?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rogers would be superb with this side. Whether you like him as an individual, I'm not sure how you deny that.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is asking for the sack myself....isn't he one of the highest paid managers in the league....he wouldn't come here for Bruno's wages, that's a fact.....

Back
Top Bottom