Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brendan Rogers with a d

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Seems to be unhappy with Leicester’s transfer buisiness. Seemed to be suggesting he was quitting in press conference last night.

Could he be our new manager if Lage does not get a result tomorrow.

Maybe he’s been spoken to to already.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do rate Brendan Rodgers highly. I do think Lage gets more time, but I think any owners worth there salt would be keeping an eye on the marketplace in the case of changing things, he would be very high on that list for me.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know how I feel about Rodgers, often seems a bit of a tit! But also often has a team playing very good attacking football.

I do think Lage should be given at least till the world cup though; and as long as we don’t look like relegation candidates he should be given the season, then asses.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet he’d be a strong candidate for villa if they don’t turn things around sharpish !

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be happy with him should Wolves decide Lage needs to go, but I don’t think they would choose him, and I think Villa would be interested too.

We’re he to come here, I think he would make good use of the new squad we’ve assembled.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be anywhere near a relegation battle this season if he was to come in. Wouldn’t be a bad short term ish option.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's just the usual storm in a tea cup. He sounded fairly reasonable in his after match press conference from what I have seen. He hardly 'blasted' the Leicester board as one media outlet put it.

Leicester fans should have a little more patience.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking in it seems like the owners are now a selling club, Rogers is a class manager and proved this, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Proved it? Where? Did a good job at Swansea 10 years ago but since then he’s failed at Liverpool, won a few leagues in a two horse race while the other horse was regrouping after a tepid 10 years and then (granted) won an FA cup albeit with someone else’s team.

I’m no advocate for keeping Lage but if that’s the level of replacement we’re in trouble.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rodgers would take Villa over Wolves. His ego would perceive them as the bigger club in terms of media coverage which would put him in the shop window for future top 6 jobs.

If Lage fails (continues to) I would take him though if he became available. But would accept he’d be off at the first whiff of a move to a bigger job.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d get our current team playing superb football, no doubt about it.

Always comes across as a bit of **** mind. But then I’ve thought that about Bruno since the day he arrived. Can’t even watch his interviews, so can’t get much worse.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rodgers would take Villa over Wolves. His ego would perceive them as the bigger club in terms of media coverage which would put him in the shop window for future top 6 jobs.

If Lage fails (continues to) I would take him though if he became available. But would accept he’d be off at the first whiff of a move to a bigger job.
I can't remember which job it was, but wasn't he strongly linked with one of the "big 6" a while ago and repeatedly said he didn't want to leave Leicester?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be fine with him being a tit. I really like Bruno that much

For me all about playing well , pushing for europe and also being enjoyable to watch

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't remember which job it was, but wasn't he strongly linked with one of the "big 6" a while ago and repeatedly said he didn't want to leave Leicester?

Spurs I think. Who at the time were more of a basket case than usual.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard he's a good coach but strange and got a huge ego.

Randomly start talking in different languages during briefings to keep players paying attention.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was Arsenal

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proved it? Where? Did a good job at Swansea 10 years ago but since then he’s failed at Liverpool, won a few leagues in a two horse race while the other horse was regrouping after a tepid 10 years and then (granted) won an FA cup albeit with someone else’s team.

I’m no advocate for keeping Lage but if that’s the level of replacement we’re in trouble.
Did he fail at Liverpool?
A Gerard slip away from winning them the league for the first time in ages.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s a modern Mark McGhee, nowhere near as good as he thinks he his himself. If he could he’d cover himself in chocolate and eat himself

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marsch was described as 'lacking class' a few days ago. Similarly Klopp and Tuchel. Now Rodgers has an ego. I really couldn't care less about their personalities if they'd win football matches for Wolves. Let's face it, Fergusson and Mourinho weren't the most loved managers and had plenty of flaws, but they were serial winners.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well I can already see Spurs and Arsenal suggested, but I thought it was Man U!

Leicester are in big trouble now and he's a smart enough cookie to know that the best chef can't make a decent omlette from rotten eggs, so I expect him to find a way out before the smell clings to him too much.

Should be a race between us and Villa to sack first and get him in, but no doubt we'll find a Mendes client.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rodgers does have an ego, newsflash, so does Lage. Rodgers has far, far more on his CV to back him up though and would get this side up around the European spots no doubt. It'd be an absolute no brainer to get him in for 2-3 years if he becomes available in the near future

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes please.

Reasons you might not want him: -
- Steven Gerrard fell over.
- his knack for beating us.
- you don't like goals.
- his ego(glad we never got Alex Ferguson, his was massive!)
- he can only speak English Spanish and Italian, so might not speak the native language here in Wolverhampton.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw some comments from Liverpool fans sympathising with Leicester last night. In that it panned out the same way at Liverpool.

The consensus view was that Rodgers tends to come in to a club, gets a better tune from a group of players that has previously underperformed their ability, then uses that leverage to take control of player and staff recruitment, which is where it starts to fall down.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Strange what is happening at Leicester. They have some excellent players. Maddison, and Tielemens especially. Sometimes, you need to freshen things up no matter how good and stable you are. As the old saying goes; a still pond without waves will start stinking. They should have put the money for Fofana to good use while they could. Too late now.
If they continue in this vein, its good for Wolves. We need teams to be worse than us this season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw some comments from Liverpool fans sympathising with Leicester last night. In that it panned out the same way at Liverpool.

The consensus view was that Rodgers tends to come in to a club, gets a better tune from a group of players that has previously underperformed their ability, then uses that leverage to take control of player and staff recruitment, which is where it starts to fall down.
So we get him in and fire him after 2 years. Job done.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure. They widened them for Bruno.
Maintenance did that 2 days ago apparently so he can take all his crap with him when he leaves after losing to Southampton. The new door will be handy for someone who has an ego because they're a good football manager not someone who thinks he is but clearly isn't

Back
Top Bottom