Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brendan Rogers with a d

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Am I the only one immaturely laughing at the new thread title which I read as a statement?

Brendan Rogers with a d​

- I bet he does!!

P.S - I have nothing of actual use to add to this thread.
Giggity giggity

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been saying for a few weeks that Rodgers days are numbered at Leicester. I live near to Leicester and know quite a few of their fans. He is not popular at all and the team were jeered last night and for the first time there were a few at the ground calling for him to go.

Regarding Leicester City. In recent seasons they have won the league, won the FA Cup, had two top five finishes and reached the semi final of a European competition. They have had a poor start to the season and the fans are turning on the team and manager. They must be the most fickle fans in the country.
This is what a bit of success leads to.

Would have Rodgers here. Closest thing to guaranteeing decent results and possibly silverware without one of the AAA managers, who are never going to come here anyway.

T

TheConcourse

Does having a ‘permanent’ manager even work?

772 days is the average tenure. Even the best, the very best are arguably not delivering what their clubs want and expect.

I’m not sure the state of the industry, players earning power and the impatience of fans even creates the right kind of environment for a Head Coach to be in position for longer than a season.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proved it? Where? Did a good job at Swansea 10 years ago but since then he’s failed at Liverpool, won a few leagues in a two horse race while the other horse was regrouping after a tepid 10 years and then (granted) won an FA cup albeit with someone else’s team.

I’m no advocate for keeping Lage but if that’s the level of replacement we’re in trouble.

“What’s he ever done??!”

**lists numerous achievements

;)

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he fail at Liverpool?
A Gerard slip away from winning them the league for the first time in ages.
I think most Liverpool fans would argue they almost won the league because of one player he inherited. A player I very much disliked, but who after being banned for 5 games, scored 31 goals and assisted 17 times in that season. Suarez even managed to make Sturridge look quality.
He was nowhere near the following season if I recall.
As for his trophies at Celtic, he succeeded in a two horse race like Gerrard did for Rangers.
Two fifth place finishes and an F.A. Cup win for Leicester are certainly good achievements, but he did inherit a good core of players who had of course won a league title.
Difficult to know how to view the 5th place finishes as most clubs, including us, would gladly accept this, but both seasons they seemed nailed on for a top 4 finish and badly choked both times.
I do feel that the media has built him up to be some kind of professor and I think he is far from that.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I can already see Spurs and Arsenal suggested, but I thought it was Man U!

Leicester are in big trouble now and he's a smart enough cookie to know that the best chef can't make a decent omlette from rotten eggs, so I expect him to find a way out before the smell clings to him too much.

Should be a race between us and Villa to sack first and get him in, but no doubt we'll find a Mendes client.

I can hear the whispers in a few board rooms discussing this, i think we need to get away from the Mendes strangle hold on our club,
it cant be good for any company to have an agent so powerful. although we wouldn't have some of the quality players we were lucky to have seen at the Wolves the last 5/6 yrs, but long term it doesn't work,

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most Liverpool fans would argue they almost won the league because of one player he inherited. A player I very much disliked, but who after being banned for 5 games, scored 31 goals and assisted 17 times in that season. Suarez even managed to make Sturridge look quality.
As for his trophies at Celtic, he succeeded in a two horse race like Gerrard did for Rangers.
Two fifth place finishes and an F.A. Cup win for Leicester are certainly good achievements, but he did inherit a good core of players who had of course won a league title.
Difficult to know how to view the 5th place finishes as most clubs, including us, would gladly accept this, but both seasons they seemed nailed on for a top 4 finish and badly choked both times.
I do feel that the media has built him up to be some kind of professor and I think he is far from that.
He also had an on fire sterling.

Nevertheless, did he fail at Liverpool? Which is the statement I was questioning.

Look at what the fat waiter had at Liverpool? Gerard in his absolute prime (even better than the biter) he didn’t get as close.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He only ‘failed’ at Liverpool because he started smashing a younger woman and the Liverpool squad were really fond of Rodger’s wife. He lost all their respect and Rodger’s attention was taken up with his new piece and separation from his Mrs.
What a lovely, eloquent way to describe the situation.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be an upgrade on Lage, but probably not enough to justify the associated expenses.

Mind you, if we're relegated then no amount of money would be too much.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“What’s he ever done??!”

**lists numerous achievements

;)

1, He is a hero to loads of kids back in the day alongside Tonto & Trigger,
2. sang some great country songs especially with Dolly.
3. He saved the universe especially from the Mongols and the Tiger Men of Mars.
4. Him and Dusty Bin kept us entertained on a Saturday night.

I could go on but just a few of his achievements, so I think he could handle a mere football team,

oh and i forgot, also winning strictly with partner Fred Astaire recently

Last edited:

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a lovely, eloquent way to describe the situation.
I don’t think modern day footballers are principled or humble enough to care too much what their manager does in his private life.
I think Rodgers is a decent manager but it’s kind of irrelevant at the moment, as the board have backed Lage this transfer window and barring a complete disaster will likely give him at least a few months to improve results.
Have a feeling we’ll finally win a league at last tomorrow and suddenly 6 points on the board won’t see quite so bad.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think modern day footballers are principled or humble enough to care too much what their manager does in his private life.
I think Rodgers is a decent manager but it’s kind of irrelevant at the moment, as the board have backed Lage this transfer window and barring a complete disaster will likely give him at least a few months to improve results.
Have a feeling we’ll finally win a league at last tomorrow and suddenly 6 points on the board won’t see quite so bad.
Oops I meant win a league game at last. We’ll likely have to wait until at least April to clinch the title !!!

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Massive upgrade on Lage. His coaching has improved players. Known for pleasing on the eye football, goals , entertainment etc, wins matches. Pretty much the polar opposite of confusing Bruno Ball. His ideas perplex me. Can't see us looking at Rodgers or Potter come to that, should Bruno get the push. But IMO I feel they both could get much more performance and results out of our squad. Surely no 3 points tomorrow and Fosun have to do something. I'm sure the players must be head scratching with the instructions they are given

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
People on here make me laugh.

Big ego? Who gives a flying ****.

Mourinho and Klopp have the biggest egos in world football - check out their trophy cabinets.

I think sometimes we get slightly carried away as to who we are.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Strange what is happening at Leicester. They have some excellent players. Maddison, and Tielemens especially. Sometimes, you need to freshen things up no matter how good and stable you are. As the old saying goes; a still pond without waves will start stinking. They should have put the money for Fofana to good use while they could. Too late now.
If they continue in this vein, its good for Wolves. We need teams to be worse than us this season.
Their success has pretty much been dependent on Vardy. When he is fit and scoring they fly, but when he is injured/out of form they tend to struggle.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also had an on fire sterling.

Nevertheless, did he fail at Liverpool? Which is the statement I was questioning.

Look at what the fat waiter had at Liverpool? Gerard in his absolute prime (even better than the biter) he didn’t get as close.
I’m not a massive Benitez fan, but Gerrard never had a season close to the biter’s. Anyone involved in 48 goals in only 33 games is exceptional and would carry any team close to a title.
Benitez will always be lauded for the Champions League win of course when they crossed the half way line three times and scored three times after the Milan keeper threw one into his own net to add to a penalty after the Gerrard header.
I just think Rodgers is overrated personally.
Maybe I’m just ****ed at the var decisions we always seem to get against Leicester while he has been in charge?

Handbrake

Reaction score
I think we can all agree Rogers is an absolute kno—head
Butttt The way things are at the moment we would be mad not to take a manager with his record

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No! I'd rather us try and get the chap from Sporting.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not Portuguese so won't be our next manager.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think our board would go for him as I think they will go Portuguese but I would take Rodgers here in a heartbeat.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a modern Mark McGhee, nowhere near as good as he thinks he his himself. If he could he’d cover himself in chocolate and eat himself
Completely agree. Never understood the fascination on Molineux Mix for Rodgers, other clubs' fans largely think the same as us... that he's a modern day Gordon Strachan who got a bit lucky once or twice and believed his own hype

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a Liverpudlian mate who never rated Rodgers. When they failed in Europe he slammed the team and said they were naive and didn't have the experience required for big European matches, speaking as if they'd personally failed him.
Then somebody asked him what his own experience was of managing teams in the Champions League......er...zero.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically Saying he wants to spend lots of dough and when he can't he's not happy. Hardly a great advert for himself.

Leicester seem to be paying for realising that they having aging players and players that were attracted to the club by huge wages which they now need to move on.

Back
Top Bottom