Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn verdict

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only watched on tv... but from what I saw:

We could very realistically end up relegated this season. The right appointment is vitally needed.

We look very disjointed. It doesn't strike me that we're a team yet.

Dave Edwards will forever frustrate and please with each and every performance.

For the first time I was very disappointed with Saiss. Not at the races in my eyes at all.

Jed Wallace needs to find out what position he is. Left midfielder he is not.

Hause needs to say one of his prayers to God (see his social media) to give him the ability to kick with his right foot.

Had the goal scored by the young Blackburn lad been by somebody like Ibrahimovic we would never hear the end of it.

Rob Edwards is a fine looking chap.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
TBH i am sick to the back teeth of this negative playing one up front formation we seem to have been stuck with since going up to the Prem in 2009.

Since relegation from the Prem our most successful period and most entertaining was when we had Sacko, Dicko and Afobe opening teams up, with Mcdonald in centre midfield being able to pick a pass or two out.

To have any chance of making 4-5-1 work you surely need a decent defence and a midfield capable of both retaining possession and creating chances to ensure you remain an attacking threat. We always seem to concede in the first half hour and are then in a position of having to change the formation (often too late) in the hope of grabbing a point.

We had a decent budget for once and the whole of August to strengthen the squad and yet at the end of October only a few of our new signings are deemed worthy of a regular starting place, despite joining a side at the wrong end of the championship.

We need to improve and quickly.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again only a TV viewer yesterday- overall impression was one of disappointment at a performance in keeping with the sparsely filled stadium and lack of atmosphere and at a lack of " stamp" on the team from young coach Edwards. Didnt feel that the team really pulled out the stops for him at all for most of the game we just seemed sluggish and not too bothered. That really should have been a highly winnable game (for goodness sake it wasnt that long since we won 2-0 at Newcastle!!) and yet we seemed intent on making Blackburn look better than they are. The late flurry after the equaliser just about made the final result a fair one- but what a woeful couple of teams they were ( and any managerial candidates who tuned in must be having second thoughts!!)

E

Edgmond Wolf

Only watched on tv... but from what I saw:

We could very realistically end up relegated this season. The right appointment is vitally needed.

We look very disjointed. It doesn't strike me that we're a team yet.

Dave Edwards will forever frustrate and please with each and every performance.

For the first time I was very disappointed with Saiss. Not at the races in my eyes at all.

Jed Wallace needs to find out what position he is. Left midfielder he is not.

Hause needs to say one of his prayers to God (see his social media) to give him the ability to kick with his right foot.

Had the goal scored by the young Blackburn lad been by somebody like Ibrahimovic we would never hear the end of it.

Rob Edwards is a fine looking chap.

Two big no shows yesterday...

Saiss had a really poor game, worst I have seen him play ...got substituted
Bod had a poor game too, he is either injured or ****ed off

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any potential new manager / coach should be saying,I cannot wait to start my journey with these flair players.They need to stop hoofing it and play the ball on the grass.in our home and theirs.:D

D

Deleted member 3518

Plenty of no shows yesterday including the temporary manager, the starting XI, the crowd.

But in a surreal sort of way kind of enjoyed the trip, which probably had more to do with breakfast in Wetherspoons, 3 hours in the Fenhurst, couple of pints in the ground then a few more on the journey home, anyway good to see you mate, thought I was seeing double but then realised you'd put on weight!:p:p

E

Edgmond Wolf

Plenty of no shows yesterday including the temporary manager, the starting XI, the crowd.

But in a surreal sort of way kind of enjoyed the trip, which probably had more to do with breakfast in Wetherspoons, 3 hours in the Fenhurst, couple of pints in the ground then a few more on the journey home, anyway good to see you mate, thought I was seeing double but then realised you'd put on weight!:p:p
Love it :D

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

we never caught up Rhos

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also watched the game on Sky. Anyway it is dressed up we were woefully poor and this against one of the weakest teams in the division.
I am starting to worry that some of our flair players are starting to look demoralised. Bodvarsson and Tex in particular.
Also Cavaleiro must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the team. To pay over £7m and leave him on the bench makes little sense to me.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you think he may be affected aswell at the lack of protection he seems to getting from the refs?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not just those two. Where were Wallace and Batth yesterday? Both dreadful.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of despondency and lack of confidence in the side. I am just wondering what a shot of Holloway might do to this lot. Might also get the best out of Rob Edwards.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just reading this for the 1st time. I said on the comms thread during the 1st half that the camera panned onto the Wolves fans and there right in the middle as clear as day was the smiling face of Edgmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps Rhos was standing next to him? For those of you who had the game on record it happened around 28/30 minutes in.

D

Deleted member 3518

Just reading this for the 1st time. I said on the comms thread during the 1st half that the camera panned onto the Wolves fans and there right in the middle as clear as day was the smiling face of Edgmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps Rhos was standing next to him? For those of you who had the game on record it happened around 28/30 minutes in.

No chance had enough of him in the pub!:D

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Was he on someone's shoulders then?

M

Mr Wolf

The usual, wrong players, wrong positions, defensive errors & conceeding early, a midfield who can't make a decisive pass with no drive & a lack of goal threat up front.

Utter ****, just get Teixeira in the middle as he's the only one on capable of doing something positive. It was ****ing Blackburn not away Brighton again which was also utter ****e.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Do you think he may be affected aswell at the lack of protection he seems to getting from the refs?
Thats a possibility

I think he maybe injured still is is holding back certainly not the Bod we saw before

Saiss did not do any meaty challenges either, seemed to be holding back, was subbed at half time

E

Edgmond Wolf

Edgy is always smiling....my glass is half full....except my malt one which needs filling

E

Edgmond Wolf

The usual, wrong players, wrong positions, defensive errors & conceeding early, a midfield who can't make a decisive pass with no drive & a lack of goal threat up front.

Utter ****, just get Teixeira in the middle as he's the only one on capable of doing something positive. It was ****ing Blackburn not away Brighton again which was also utter ****e.
This in Spades

F

FLEET WOLF

I agree. Wallace is awful and has to go asap in my view, take any offer we get for him in January. Hause, dreadful. Bodvarsson, probably already wants out. Costa is a shining light for me.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a shame for Wallace. He has 60 minutes to prove his worth or is written despite a good performance at blues and for the reserves recently .

He certainly isn't one of the ones we should be looking to ship out first.

Get Saville and Evans out and get a striker in

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference between the Sako - afobe - Dicko front 3 and our Portuguese attacking 3 is that the former we're a unit on the field but the latter are three individuals who try to score without involving team mates. Also, the former were better at defending from the front. We bought these 3 in a rush and I am getting more concerned than excited, because just because they are talented doesn't mean they can succeed in a team game any more than those kids we remember from school who were the best dribblers but never passed the ball. This wouldn't matter as much (it took Sako a season to start contributing defensively) if Costa and Cavaleiro played as out and out wingers, but they wander about too much so we lack cohesion going forward. Unless we get a manager who can get all 3 compartments working as units who know at all times where each other are going to be, we will continue to look like a sawn-off Mick side; full of running and fighting to the last but no plan. Jackett had a plan based around trying to achieve solidity, but moaners said it was boring and he was boring too. They don't want Lambert for the same reasons. Zenga played expansive Football but with no plan and Edwards has had no time to tackle this, so it was still evident. We will be in a relegation fight if we keep playing like vs Blackburn and relying on flick-ons and individual brilliance in the final third. It has never worked in League Football.

F

FLEET WOLF

The difference between the Sako - afobe - Dicko front 3 and our Portuguese attacking 3 is that the former we're a unit on the field but the latter are three individuals who try to score without involving team mates. Also, the former were better at defending from the front. We bought these 3 in a rush and I am getting more concerned than excited, because just because they are talented doesn't mean they can succeed in a team game any more than those kids we remember from school who were the best dribblers but never passed the ball. This wouldn't matter as much (it took Sako a season to start contributing defensively) if Costa and Cavaleiro played as out and out wingers, but they wander about too much so we lack cohesion going forward. Unless we get a manager who can get all 3 compartments working as units who know at all times where each other are going to be, we will continue to look like a sawn-off Mick side; full of running and fighting to the last but no plan. Jackett had a plan based around trying to achieve solidity, but moaners said it was boring and he was boring too. They don't want Lambert for the same reasons. Zenga played expansive Football but with no plan and Edwards has had no time to tackle this, so it was still evident. We will be in a relegation fight if we keep playing like vs Blackburn and relying on flick-ons and individual brilliance in the final third. It has never worked in League Football.
A lot in this-the way things are, at the moment, if we don't get a half-decent new manager in, I think we have more chance of being in a relegation dog fight than we would have been, had Jackett still be in charge, using last year's team.

E

Edgmond Wolf

A lot in this-the way things are, at the moment, if we don't get a half-decent new manager in, I think we have more chance of being in a relegation dog fight than we would have been, had Jackett still be in charge, using last year's team.
This in Spades

blaenboy

Reaction score
My ratings:

Ikeme: 8. Imperious. Wonderful save. Apparently I should rate his "distribution", but I am old-fashioned. Rate keepers by ability to stop goals. Oh, Lonergan 7 too.
Doherty: 7. Made the goal, had more shots than Bod in last 2 matches combined and nearly laid on another for Edwards.And he's the full back. Deduct 0.5 for not having a foreign name like "Silvio" and another 0.5 for wearing his socks over his knees.
Baath. Poor for goal but not as poor generally as people think. 6
Hause. Mind your hause- dangerous, to us that is. 4
CBJ. Extra point for being Man U loanee and not a square peg in a round hole like that other fella Ward- where's he these days, eh. eh? 5, just.
Costa. Costa packet but is he worth it? Good days great, bad days timid. This was a timid day.5
Saiss. Roman around the place to little effect. 4
Cody. Put in a shift and as Mick-man that I like. 7
Edwards. Forget the begrudgers- an important cog in the well-oiled machine of Molineux! Disappeared for a while but reappeared to score to the surprise of all. Had more attempts at goal than Bod can dream about.7 MOM
Wallace. Nice lad. 2
Bodvarsson. Runs around a lot, presumably to keep warm in Iceland. 3

Tex and Cavaleiro both good; shame they can't last a good old British game of kick-ball and run football. 7 each. Tex too mouthy . Cav looks better and better.

Ref: 10. A good one for a change. Got extra 2 points for not sending off Danny.

blaenboy

Reaction score
PS Rob Edwards 7 for good substitutions and not waiting for the game to be effectively over before changing things a la Jackett

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was working until 4 so watched in a pub. When we scored I go mental and a local says to me "you a Wolves fan then mate?" I reply yes and he walks off saying "sorry mate." Says it all really.

Back
Top Bottom