Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Sharp Assaulted + Others in Fans Pitch Invasions

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think it's going back to the 80's when the country was in the doldrums......people just start lashing out at everything? I just saw inflation has hit the highest level for 40 years, they are buggering up trade and caught between a rock and a hard place on Ireland with America and the EU goiing to damage us if we bugger up the GFA to keep the Brexit fantasy going. People, employees and businesses must be worried the direction the country is going in.

Life ban should be the minimum, the courts should deal him a far heavier blow.....there are pitch invasions and then assault, and that was a real cowardly one.
Nothing to do with politics at all,trying to make it so is stupid
We had much worse going on in the 60s when the country was booming
Its just a mindless bunch of idiots and sheep,and lets not pretend we are whiter than white either, we have done some dumb stuff in the past, just havent had the excuse lately lol
Heard hes been identified now so hope he gets jailed plus lifetime ban,time we had some real deterrents in this country

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with politics at all,trying to make it so is stupid
We had much worse going on in the 60s when the country was booming
Its just a mindless bunch of idiots and sheep,and lets not pretend we are whiter than white either, we have done some dumb stuff in the past, just havent had the excuse lately lol
Heard hes been identified now so hope he gets jailed plus lifetime ban,time we had some real deterrents in this country

Nottingham Forest have already banned him for life. Now let’s hope the courts don’t act leniently.

Lock him away.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long before we start seeing the media stories about him being a nice guy and how out of character this is? Lock him up and throw away the key.

Well I don’t think he will be seen as a nice person now. He is also a coward, hitting someone who wasn’t aware of the situation. Billy Sharp is a big lad, I wonder if the moron would have taken him on face to face.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised this morning that this assault / attack on a championship player hasn't been highlighted on TV News channels?

If it had been a PL player like Ronaldo that had been assaulted standing on side line it would be main news all day long..

More important main news stories like the Wagatha Christie trial I suppose :oops:

Last edited:

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised this morning that this assault / attack on a championship player hasn't been highlighted on TV News channels?

If it had been a PL player like Ronaldo that had been assaulted standing on side line it would be main news all day long..

More important main news stories like the Wagatha Christie trial I suppose :oops:
Link from the BBC homepage...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero sympathy for the Forest muppet. Shouldn't have been there. Given that McBurnie has been out with a foot injury since April l doubt that it was deliberate but he may well have been concerned about being hurt worse.

What makes it worse is that Sharp played on loan for Forest.

The Mirror: Sheffield United's Billy Sharp breaks silence on being attacked by "scumbag" pitch invader.

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the last pitch invasion in the football league. Gonna be like North America, ropes and security everywhere

Pitch invasions are a regular occurrence in the states after upsets at college level sports. Those games also hold the highest attendances of any sport in the world.

Reaction score
I always think it doesn't say much for the contents of your own head if you're willing to smash it into someone elses and be confident they'll come off worst.

Kinda feels like there are two types of pitch invasion, the ones where the opposition are irrelevant bystanders (like you're getting promoted and they're 13th) and the ones last night where inherently there'll be more needle on the night and the other team are the direct losers. The former always likely to be less emotionally charged than the latter.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When a player thumps one of these idiots back they will probably whinge.

I remember “Mad Dog” Mike Curtis of the Baltimore Colts absolutely flattening a pitch invader during an NFL game.

When the TV crew interviewed him he said “That guy broke a city ordinance, so I enforced it. If anyone runs onto the field again, I’ll enforce it again!”

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember “Mad Dog” Mike Curtis of the Baltimore Colts absolutely flattening a pitch invader during an NFL game.

When the TV crew interviewed him he said “That guy broke a city ordinance, so I enforced it. If anyone runs onto the field again, I’ll enforce it again!”
Those were the days of genuine violence on the field, before the NFL again changed contact rules to stop so many people from getting seriously injured (or worse).

Curtis is probably best remembered for trying to pull the head off one of the opposition (Rams player, I think). He is still ranked as one of the 20 roughest players. Had that clown headbutted him, I hate to think what Curtis would have done. Don't think a prison sentence would have been needed!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of others could be seen walking onto the pitch holding flares. Hope they ban them too. Idiotic in a crowded environment.
There's been an uptick of flares being thrown onto the pitch as well. Some Chelsea idiot lobbed a flare onto the pitch, in the eye line of his own player as he was about to take his kick in the shootout.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also trouble last night at Northampton. Fans running on and throwing smoke bombs at Mansfield players.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also there's zero chance of being able to drink alcohol in the stands when fans behave themselves in this way.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those were the days of genuine violence on the field, before the NFL again changed contact rules to stop so many people from getting seriously injured (or worse).

Curtis is probably best remembered for trying to pull the head off one of the opposition (Rams player, I think). He is still ranked as one of the 20 roughest players. Had that clown headbutted him, I hate to think what Curtis would have done. Don't think a prison sentence would have been needed!

Curtis ended up serving as a US Congressman

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He only got 24 weeks for Actual Bodily Harm!

That is utterly disgusting and so is a 10-year banning order which should be for LIFE.

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The judge rightfully didn't take no for an answer in pleas for a suspended sentence!

The judge had been urged to hand down a suspended sentence on Biggs, who claimed he and his girlfriend would not be able to keep up monthly mortgage repayments if he was jailed.

But the judge said: "Given the gravity of this offence, where thousands were present to witness it, there has to be an element of deterrence."

The judge added the attack could have "given rise to further incidents."

D

Deleted member drgr12429

He only got 24 months for Actual Bodily Harm!

That is utterly disgusting and so is a 10-year banning order which should be for LIFE.
24 weeks not months. And the banning order is from every ground. I'd imagine a life time ban will come from NFFC.
Like others have said he won't be at DHL for long.
How stupid do you have to be to do that and jeopardise your house and job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggs pleaded for a suspended sentence, claiming he would struggle to keep up his mortgage payments if given a custodial sentence. Thankfully his plea was ignored, and he will have time to think about his disgraceful behaviour.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

Biggs pleaded for a suspended sentence, claiming he would struggle to keep up his mortgage payments if given a custodial sentence. Thankfully his plea was ignored, and he will have time to think about his disgraceful behaviour.

I have no sympathy for his whatsoever.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..

Reaction score
The guy deserves everything he gets.

I wonder if Ollie McBurnie (sp?) will get similar super speedy justice for his stamp on a Forest fan?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

She told the court Biggs had drunk "a quantity of alcohol" at a pub near the City Ground and "just followed" two friends on to the pitch.
Ms Gowans said: "He says that in effect he got carried away in the moment... as did a number of people. His sole intention was to get to the tunnel. He remembers running towards the players but to the left of Billy Sharp, looking at the crowd... and then running straight into somebody.
"He accepts that he has collided with the right side of the player's cheek. It's not targeted on the player."

He should have got extra jail for this bunch of bull****. He put his head down as he got close to Sharp, and deliberately head butted him whilst he wasn't looking. It was a deliberate and cowardly act. No way he just "ran into him". The video is clear. 24 weeks for deliberate assault is nowhere near enough. 18 months at a minimum.
I'm sure everyone but his girlfriend will give a **** that he can't pay his mortgage..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The guy deserves everything he gets.

I wonder if Ollie McBurnie (sp?) will get similar super speedy justice for his stamp on a Forest fan?
Depends what the circumstances where leading up to it. I've seen no footage of the incident from before it happened. If he just assaulted him for no reason then he'll face the same justice, albeit fans were assaulting SU players.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That seems unduly lenient.

He’ll be out in time for the non league season to start. Starting to become an issue at certain clubs with banned fans from league clubs causing problems.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Twenty four weeks i.e. six months. ABH isn't regarded as that serious. Grevious Bodily Harm is much more serious.
Should have been charged with the latter. It was a deliberate act. Video of the act was clear. He put his head down as he ran towards Sharp. Bull**** to say any different, but obviously he would say it to reduce the sentence.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
24 weeks not months. And the banning order is from every ground. I'd imagine a life time ban will come from NFFC.
Like others have said he won't be at DHL for long.
How stupid do you have to be to do that and jeopardise your house and job.
It’s what happens when someone lets an obsession get out of control.

Reaction score
Depends what the circumstances where leading up to it. I've seen no footage of the incident from before it happened. If he just assaulted him for no reason then he'll face the same justice, albeit fans were assaulting SU players.
You say that, but this guy has been arrested, charged and jailed in a couple of days (which is good), but where is the other investigation? As the song goes it's all gone quiet over there.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Forest fan contacted Sheff Utd to organise donating the proceeds of crowd funding appeal to a charity of Billy Sharp’s choice. Raised £12k so far from Forest fans who are disgusted by the actions of this moron. They are hoping their club can match their efforts to double the amount.

Back
Top Bottom