Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Sharp Assaulted + Others in Fans Pitch Invasions

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caught by the Sky Sports camera after the game when the Nottingham Forest fans invaded the pitch after their penalty shootout playoff victory
against Sheffield Utd. An idiot just ran straight up to Billy Sharp standing on the side line and knocked him completely off his feet.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will end up with the foreign style plastic screens going up around the pitch.

And there were those on here defending the cokeheads not so long ago. Antisocial behaviour is on the rise again, especially at away games with said cokeheads acting like no one else around them exists.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This assault on Billy could have happened to any Sheff Utd player including our own MGW after the game.
No control by stewards at all for the safety and security of all the players when these pitch invasions happen.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will end up with the foreign style plastic screens going up around the pitch.

And there were those on here defending the cokeheads not so long ago. Antisocial behaviour is on the rise again, especially at away games with said cokeheads acting like no one else around them exists.
Coming all too soon....

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming all too soon....

Good. Trouble at Huddersfield last night too, one fan carried out the Luton end covered in blood. That Leicester fan attacking players at Forest earlier in the season. Saw something earlier about the Millwall fan attacked outside St Andrews the other month is still in a coma. Seems to be getting more open and regular again.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of others could be seen walking onto the pitch holding flares. Hope they ban them too. Idiotic in a crowded environment.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cowardly attack on Sharp. Ban Forest from promotion with fans like that. Harsh, but nothing else seems to stop idiots from acting like thugs.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the last pitch invasion in the football league. Gonna be like North America, ropes and security everywhere

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I despise pitch invasions with a passion. I only support it in a friendly way such as a team winning the title where fans can calmly come on the pitch to celebrate after the players have left the pitch. But pitch invasions like last night, and what we’ve seen recently, are dangerous for the opposing players who must all feel so deflated and dejected only to see jubilant fans brushing past them and in a lot of cases, goading them. And of course you get the occasion idiot like last night’s assault.

Sadly, you cant stop it unless fences are brought back in. And no one wants that to come back.

thankfully the police have arrested that guy from last night and Forest are saying he will be banned for life. Lets hope he serves a few years in prison first….

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 31 year old has been arrested overnight by Nottinghamshire Police for Assualt - Forest have stated he will instantly slapped with a Life Ban.

Blades Manager Paul Heckingbottom said Sharp needed stitches as a result.

Hope he gets a Life Ban FULL STOP and not just for 3 years as standard!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 31 year old has been arrested overnight by Nottinghamshire Police for Assualt - Forest have stated he will instantly slapped with a Life Ban.

Imagine being a 31 year old forest fan. You’ve probably never seen your club in the top flight, then when they finally make it back, you still can’t see them in the top flight because you’re an odious cretin and have been banned from going.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That excuse for a human being was not a football fan.

Nothing but a thug who will spend jail time and never be allowed inside a sports venue for the rest of his life.

Thank goodness he was caught.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an absolute ****er. Hopefully he gets some prison time to go with his lifetime ban. Absolutely shocking that is.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Good. Trouble at Huddersfield last night too, one fan carried out the Luton end covered in blood. That Leicester fan attacking players at Forest earlier in the season. Saw something earlier about the Millwall fan attacked outside St Andrews the other month is still in a coma. Seems to be getting more open and regular again.
Also, Rotherham fans invaded the pitch at Gillingham when they got promoted and it ended up in a mass brawl. Pitch invasions have always happened when clinching promotion or winning the league (we did if after beating QPR and getting promoted under Mick, and after beating Rotherham to claim the League One championship under KJ) but they were both good natured with regards to the opposition players and fans.

Normally pitch invasions get nasty if it's the away fans who invade the pitch but this season it's seems to get nasty when home fans invade the pitch. The pitch invasions this season by home fans seem to be more messy than previously. Talking of which, I was at Wigan when this classic one man Wolves pitch invasion happened after we were goaded by Wigan fans.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost all pitch invasions are embarrassing carried out by the sort of part time fans who only jump on board when there’s a sniff of success.

That said it’s always pretty alarming just how unprepared some of these clubs are.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggling to comprehend what goes through someone’s mind who does that sort of thing. People got jail time for tweeting players online last summer, this cretin should be jailed for life in that case.

No doubt sacked too. Absolute imbecile.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think it's going back to the 80's when the country was in the doldrums......people just start lashing out at everything? I just saw inflation has hit the highest level for 40 years, they are buggering up trade and caught between a rock and a hard place on Ireland with America and the EU goiing to damage us if we bugger up the GFA to keep the Brexit fantasy going. People, employees and businesses must be worried the direction the country is going in.

Life ban should be the minimum, the courts should deal him a far heavier blow.....there are pitch invasions and then assault, and that was a real cowardly one.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last thing anyone wants is for fences to be brought back, but something must be done. I don't like pitch invasions, and never have. We all know how emotional these play off games can be, but there is never any excuse for assaulting a player. I am pleased the thug has been arrested, and hopefully the courts will give him a custodial sentence.

I have read reports in recent weeks being critical of the stewarding at games, but what can stewards do when hundreds of people are determined to get on the pitch. There must be some kind of barrier to stop this happening.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pitch invasions are a cliched embarrassing tinpot thing to do in any situation.
People try and make out like it’s spontaneous, but it is clearly pre meditated by people waiting for an excuse.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, Rotherham fans invaded the pitch at Gillingham when they got promoted and it ended up in a mass brawl. Pitch invasions have always happened when clinching promotion or winning the league (we did if after beating QPR and getting promoted under Mick, and after beating Rotherham to claim the League One championship under KJ) but they were both good natured with regards to the opposition players and fans.

Normally pitch invasions get nasty if it's the away fans who invade the pitch but this season it's seems to get nasty when home fans invade the pitch. The pitch invasions this season by home fans seem to be more messy than previously. Talking of which, I was at Wigan when this classic one man Wolves pitch invasion happened after we were goaded by Wigan fans.

Yeah, the mood does seem to have changed, first thing I noticed was Forest fans grabbing Steve Cooper and taking selfies with him when he clearly didn’t want it. Reminded me of Mick at Barnsley. Clough would probably have grabbed the phone and throw it in the Trent if it happened in his day!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think it's going back to the 80's when the country was in the doldrums......people just start lashing out at everything? I just saw inflation has hit the highest level for 40 years, they are buggering up trade and caught between a rock and a hard place on Ireland with America and the EU goiing to damage us if we bugger up the GFA to keep the Brexit fantasy going. People, employees and businesses must be worried the direction the country is going in.
Football has always reflected society. Unfortunately society is a mess of self centred wasters only interested in themselves. Social media accounts doing limbs and such don’t help. People overdoing it to try and make themselves look good irregardless of who’s around them.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Almost all pitch invasions are embarrassing carried out by the sort of part time fans who only jump on board when there’s a sniff of success.

That said it’s always pretty alarming just how unprepared some of these clubs are.

I remember against Rotherham majority of the southbank and ground stayed in their seats when the pitch was invaded chants of "where were you when we were ****" rang out, unfortunately it meant the lads couldn't get a lap of honour and the majority of fans missed it.

I've always disliked pitch invasions

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some serious jail time needed for this disgrace of a human. Hope Sharp is ok.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I remember against Rotherham majority of the southbank and ground stayed in their seats when the pitch was invaded chants of "where were you when we were ****" rang out, unfortunately it meant the lads couldn't get a lap of honour and the majority of fans missed it.

I've always disliked pitch invasions
I don't like them for that reason too, normally cuts short any team celebrations and a chance for players to acknowledge the fans.

This is Molineux booing the first pitch invasion against Rotherham.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being a 31 year old forest fan. You’ve probably never seen your club in the top flight, then when they finally make it back, you still can’t see them in the top flight because you’re an odious cretin and have been banned from going.
This! its absolutely unimaginable that a guy who has never seen Forest in the top flight, probably watched them all his life, then runs on the pitch and assaults an opposing player! Not only will he miss the Play Off Final, but he will now be banned from ever watching Forest again, and hopefully serve a prison sentence. What a complete, thick, stupid, ****.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A terribly cowardly act which unfortunately seems on the rise again. Certain “fans” thinking it’s ok to do whatever they want. I’d wager all I own he wouldn’t try and headbutt a very tough Billy Sharp if not blindsiding him.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Huddersfield v Luton game on Monday and at the end of the game a Luton player who sat on the pitch in disappointment got cuffed across the back of head by some " brave boy " from behind. The Luton player looked a bit stunned as you would when attacked from behind but just got up and walked off.

There must be a real chance that if Forest win the Play Off Final ( which I hope they do ) that with last night's moron and the cretin who attacked the Leicester player in the FA Cup earlier in the year they will find the first game back in the Premier League will be behind closed doors.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
I wonder what the bloody hell was going through his head to go and do something like that.

He was probably coked off his tits!

Shocking and cowardly act.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Huddersfield v Luton game on Monday and at the end of the game a Luton player who sat on the pitch in disappointment got cuffed across the back of head by some " brave boy " from behind. The Luton player looked a bit stunned as you would when attacked from behind but just got up and walked off.

There must be a real chance that if Forest win the Play Off Final ( which I hope they do ) that with last night's moron and the cretin who attacked the Leicester player in the FA Cup earlier in the year they will find the first game back in the Premier League will be behind closed doors.
It’s the “banter” culture we live in (god I hate that word) which allows any cretin to think they can do what they want and if they get challenged start telling folk they are woke snowflakes. I saw that in the Luton match as well and it really angered me as again, it’s a cowardly act from behind. I really hope the next time it happens a player dishes out a right beating. I’d love to see someone cuff Saiss or Ruddy round the head and see where it goes. Absolute vermin.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When a player thumps one of these idiots back they will probably whinge.

Last edited:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This! its absolutely unimaginable that a guy who has never seen Forest in the top flight, probably watched them all his life, then runs on the pitch and assaults an opposing player! Not only will he miss the Play Off Final, but he will now be banned from ever watching Forest again, and hopefully serve a prison sentence. What a complete, thick, stupid, ****.
As thick as a Boxing Day turd.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Billy is alright could have really hurt him as he wasn't looking in that direction and when you aren't anticipating something like that it could do actual damage.

The guy needs to be banned for life and get jail time for assault, they need to do something about people going on the pitch, for a lot it's a bit of fun to run on and celebrate but when ****s like this guy and the ones from the Huddersfield game are ruining it every time teams fans go on the pitch then it needs to be made that you can't at all.

Back
Top Bottom