Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Sharp Assaulted + Others in Fans Pitch Invasions

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pitch invasions shouldn't have to be a problem. They happen in the US often at massive college am. football games with 100,000+ people in a stadium and rarely any issues. The UK seems to be having a bit of a yob problem in recent times and its a real shame.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This day and age pitch invasions are dangerous you have fans who could be under the influence of alcohol and drugs it’s a toxic mix.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Port Vale, Forest, Everton etc should be made to play their first home game next season with no home fans, that's the only way to nip this in the bud.

They could still allow people on the pitch, but only when the players have left.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This day and age pitch invasions are dangerous you have fans who could be under the influence of alcohol and drugs it’s a toxic mix.
You listen to ex pros speaking and every single one of them that I've heard to now has said they hate pitch invasions, don't feel safe, just want to get off. There have always been 'happy' invasions that have gone without any incident but these recently have taken a turn for the worse and they need stopping now

Personally hate them, can't get my head around the logic of a grown man (or woman) thinking it's a good idea to run onto a pitch to be nothing more than a ****

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You listen to ex pros speaking and every single one of them that I've heard to now has said they hate pitch invasions, don't feel safe, just want to get off. There have always been 'happy' invasions that have gone without any incident but these recently have taken a turn for the worse and they need stopping now

Personally hate them, can't get my head around the logic of a grown man (or woman) thinking it's a good idea to run onto a pitch to be nothing more than a ****

Agreed. These pitch invasions are not about celebrating a win, people are running on the pitch to taunt opposing players and coaches. It is only a matter of time before a player or a match official gets seriously hurt.

I don't advocate the return of fences, but scenes at Everton and Port Vale, following on from those at Nottingham Forrst and Northampton Town show that the situation is out of control. Forcing clubs to play behind closed doors may be a solution, but that will punish those fans who stay in the stands. But what else can be done?

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What is the sudden fashion on pitch invasions?? I know we’ve been locked in for a bit but it never used to be a common thing?
Its always been a common thing at the end of the season, albeit play off semi final pitch invasions are tinpot and don't get me started on the Albion's U23 rendition.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to bit a lot more of those smoke flares being cucked onto the pitch as well. I don't understand the appeal of them, to be honest.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can maybe understand Forest fans getting a bit over-excited having been stuck in the lower leagues for so long and winning dramatically on pens. Why being that happy leads to someone choosing to headbutt a player, I'll never understand.

But any pitch invasion for managing to stay up when you've spent hundreds of millions of pounds is a bit embarrassing.

And I've seen the video of Vieira kicking an Everton fan. What's that phrase Jamie Vardy famously coined? "Chat ****, get banged?"

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vieira was in the right, he was apprehending a trespasser who had broken the stadium rules.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you will find we did have a pitch invasion under mick for not getting relegated.
We did.

I seem to remember a pitch invasion after a 1-1 draw with Blackburn at the end of the 2009/10 season, and we weren't even mathematically safe.

Then again in 2001/11 against Blackburn

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think you will find we did have a pitch invasion under mick for not getting relegated.
Fair enough, didn't think we did. The last one I remember was 5-4 against Rotherham in League One.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like pitch invasions.

They used to be for the heat of the moment, last day promotion or safety in the league.

Now they're happening for the sake of it. Rotherham was shambolic.

Fans seem entitled to run onto the pitch and think they can do what they want.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another video of Viera.
Make your own minds up on the actions of the scousers

Maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m just not passionate enough about football but I can’t imagine winning a game making me act like a full on **** in someone’s face like that.

Clearly I just don’t care as much as that guy…

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Another video of Viera.
Make your own minds up on the actions of the scousers

This happened during the first pitch invasion after Everton's third goal I believe. Having seen all the details now thanks to social media, how beautiful it would have been if Palace equalised in injury time to put them back in their boxes. Alas, it would have been sweet justice.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good on Vieira imo

Edit, apologies, link posted before
A pitch invasion for not being relegated is small time as ****. We didn't even do that under Mick.

This might be easier to view. Viera gives him a good kicking.

What the ref should do in the case of Everton game or another one that happens like this with scoring near the end game and there's an assault on manager player or say a match official. They should abandon the game and the result as it was would be null and void. That would stop these pitch invasions.

As @Jonzy54 will tell you the players safety on the pitch is paramount at all times

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the ref should do in the case of Everton game or another one that happens like this with scoring near the end game and there's an assault on manager player or say a match official. They should abandon the game and the result as it was would be null and void. That would stop these pitch invasions.

Any consequences would stop it. At the moment, there are none, so it will keep happening.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That or get the plastic ties from that oil protestor and strap them to the post and let the game continue.

Obviously not much deterrent against our strikers.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did.

I seem to remember a pitch invasion after a 1-1 draw with Blackburn at the end of the 2009/10 season, and we weren't even mathematically safe.

Then again in 2001/11 against Blackburn

2001/11? **** me, now I know why it felt like such a long season...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The normality now of Pitch Invasions and Flares has become common occurrence in football over the last few years,

At City it was just copy cat behaviour today, they've saw the club win multiple league titles over the years it is not a special event to them anymore.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said previously about Billy Sharp and now again with Robin Olsen being assaulted.. It will be brushed over somewhat?

Yet if it had been Ronaldo Man U against Man City that a fan assaulted it would be main news all day today and tomorrow.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said previously about Billy Sharp and now again with Robin Olsen being assaulted.. It will be brushed over somewhat?

Yet if it had been Ronaldo Man U against Man City that a fan assaulted it would be main news all day today and tomorrow.

The authorities must act now. They can't keep brushing these incidents under the carpet. Steve Gerrard was rightly furious that his players could not leave the pitch safely.

Act now before someone gets seriously hurt, or even worse, a player or official gets killed.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The authorities must act now. They can't keep brushing these incidents under the carpet. Steve Gerrard was rightly furious that his players could not leave the pitch safely.

Act now before someone gets seriously hurt, or even worse, a player or official gets killed.
However Frank, his comment that (and I paraphrase here) that questions should be asked of Pep and Man City wasn't called for. Why bring Pep into it?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with politics at all,trying to make it so is stupid
We had much worse going on in the 60s when the country was booming
Its just a mindless bunch of idiots and sheep,and lets not pretend we are whiter than white either, we have done some dumb stuff in the past, just havent had the excuse lately lol
Heard hes been identified now so hope he gets jailed plus lifetime ban,time we had some real deterrents in this country
Politics affects the mood of the nation, that was the point, rather than than the direct cause. We've had 20+ years of good behaviour, and now we're getting increasing episodes of sub-standard and angrier behaviour....social unrest comes from frustration and bad times.
I notice that Southgate has said something very similar today....football gets the blame when it's only an outlet for people to lash out.

Back
Top Bottom