Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Benitez to Everton

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see what the issue is with the move over. Players (Ablett and Beardsley) have moved across the lines before after being successful at one club and still be successful at the other! That rivalry probably accepts it more than most to be honest.
Yeah talking to Everton fans in the past it seems OK that players go from Liverpool to Everton, but not the other way.

They were mortified when Barmby ended up there. First time in 40 years it had happened I think?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've seen of their comments about Wolves and Nuno I can only imagine the heights of sell righteous indignation that comment has caused, accurate as it is compared to their neighbours.
It might have been accurate, but not very diplomatic.
As the old saying goes, be careful who you crap on when on the way up, you'll meet the same people on the way down. :grimacing:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why, doubt he had any great input for a low cost investment for the future?
He was involved in the process, if he wasn’t in place I’m not sure the club would have signed him anyway without a manager wanting him

lined up yes, but having our ducks in a row is making a difference. If we were managerless and signingless today I’m sure the general anxiety levels would already be up… I feel like we’re now executing a plan with Lage in place

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was involved in the process, if he wasn’t in place I’m not sure the club would have signed him anyway without a manager wanting him

lined up yes, but having our ducks in a row is making a difference. If we were managerless and signingless today I’m sure the general anxiety levels would already be up… I feel like we’re now executing a plan with Lage in place
May have agreed if a major investment, this is not.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Can you imagine the meltdowns on here if we were still looking for Nuno's replacement?
Now imaging that but being in the league below after getting relegated whilst all your decent players were on loan.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why, doubt he had any great input for a low cost investment for the future?
Agreed. Apparently we've been looking at Yerson for quite a while so either Lage has been secretly recruiting behind the scenes or has been told that we're going to buy this lad and just giving you a heads up. I would suggest the latter.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Apparently we've been looking at Yerson for quite a while so either Lage has been secretly recruiting behind the scenes or has been told that we're going to buy this lad and just giving you a heads up. I would suggest the latter.
:) :)

D

Deleted member 5276

Can you imagine the meltdowns on here if we were still looking for Nuno's replacement?
These things don't happen quickly anymore and I wouldn't be surprised to hear Lage was already lined up during our poor spell before we pulled away from the relegation zone. Our wins then papered over the cracks but I remember seeing Jeff at one game and thinking he's entirely unimpressed with how things are going on the field.

I also wouldn't be surprised if that is the period when he made his mind up to change things. I don't know if he is the only voice making such decisions but he must have the majority say if others are involved.

As for Nuno, his body language over the last three months indicated he knew his time was coming to an end.

In many ways, it was unfair and uncalled for after the success we had enjoyed previously but just shows that Fosun are not going to mess around if they think they can do better. This is the thing about progressive business men... they always look to improve, get more efficient and try to obtain the best results for the investment made.

Time will tell but the easiest thing in the world would have been to keep Nuno as it would have kept the vast majority of fans happy. As always in life, timing is a critical element. They gave Nuno chance to say farewell and left the door open for a return in the future. Overall it was handled very well and it's much easier to do when you know you have secured the replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saw your post on the other thread…..I can’t see it official anywhere although latest reports seem to suggest that he got it.
Must be honest, I feel sorry for Nuno.
looking on the bright side, the longer it takes for Sir Nuno to get a job, the longer he wont be coming back to take any of our best players with him,

Wish him well tho,

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

the interesting part is this in the E&S story Quote "They all see his potential and quality, as do we, but we spoke to him about the pathway we have at the club, and he believes Wolves is the best fit for him."

sounds like this pathway is going to be in the right direction,

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These things don't happen quickly anymore and I wouldn't be surprised to hear Lage was already lined up during our poor spell before we pulled away from the relegation zone. Our wins then papered over the cracks but I remember seeing Jeff at one game and thinking he's entirely unimpressed with how things are going on the field.

I also wouldn't be surprised if that is the period when he made his mind up to change things. I don't know if he is the only voice making such decisions but he must have the majority say if others are involved.

As for Nuno, his body language over the last three months indicated he knew his time was coming to an end.

In many ways, it was unfair and uncalled for after the success we had enjoyed previously but just shows that Fosun are not going to mess around if they think they can do better. This is the thing about progressive business men... they always look to improve, get more efficient and try to obtain the best results for the investment made.

Time will tell but the easiest thing in the world would have been to keep Nuno as it would have kept the vast majority of fans happy. As always in life, timing is a critical element. They gave Nuno chance to say farewell and left the door open for a return in the future. Overall it was handled very well and it's much easier to do when you know you have secured the replacement.

Pulled away from the relegation zone? We were never in the relegation zone.

D

Deleted member 5276

the interesting part is this in the E&S story Quote "They all see his potential and quality, as do we, but we spoke to him about the pathway we have at the club, and he believes Wolves is the best fit for him."

Bottom line... "Which other Premiership club is going to give youngsters a chance? We have a track record of blooding youth, you could be the next."

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bottom line... "Which other Premiership club is going to give youngsters a chance? We have a track record of blooding youth, you could be the next."
Well that just ruined my beliefs, LOL and there was me thinking we were about to sign Messi.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get 25m for Coady I'd be overjoyed.

I love Coady for the leadership, and he is a quality player with the right players around him. But for me, he lacks a couple of inches in height and a yard of pace to be a really consistent top-six player. But I love the guy, he must be grateful to wolves for giving him the platform to grow from a fairly average championship midfielder/utility player to an England player and top 10 premier league defender.

He always shows the club and fans the respect I think is appropriate, so if he goes it will be another sad day.

But at the £25m to £30m they are suggesting I think I can get over it. I am not going to disrespect Connor by dissing him, but I do think £25m plus is a very fair price. It does of course depend on how well it's used, but at that sort of money, I would be tempted.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Conor, outstanding service...but see ya. £25m would be plenty.
mind you, if Brighton are after 50 for Ben White, the they can stump up the 30.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we sell Coady, our captain and full England International for 25 million and replace him with someone with the same qualities and attributes for the same 25 million............. Simply won't happen. Careful what you wish for people.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our fans do seem pretty quick to say goodbye to players who've done well for us. Hope their as understanding when a Neves or Jiminez go.
Surely if a player has done well for us we can at least acknowledge that if they leave (though I doubt this story).

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our fans do seem pretty quick to say goodbye to players who've done well for us. Hope their as understanding when a Neves or Jiminez go.
Surely if a player has done well for us we can at least acknowledge that if they leave (though I doubt this story).

I think it's usually because they don't know how to process or communicate their feelings more healthily.

Along the lines of SHE DIDNT LEAVE ME, I LEFT HER, I DIDNT EVEN LIKE HER ANYWAY

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
good points….
they might also like to consider that Coady would have to be replaced. By who? Will the replacement be as good as Coady?
Fans on here are frequently saying they’d sell this player or that player if we can get X amount of dollars…..that only works if your improving that position. Very hard to replace Coady with the money we have. Some may think he’s not perfect but outside of the top 6, Real, PSG, Barca, etc standard, , Coady is pretty good.
And absolutely no point in suggesting alternatives UNLESS we know potential target is interested in joining Wolves. Many Wolves fans don’t rate Maguire……but he cost £80 m.

Fools rush in where angels fear to thread.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good business and riddance.
Good riddance? …..

Really?…..good riddance?
nothing subtle there and no loyalty or gratitude in that.

Christ almighty. Sad to see how some discard our heroes so easily. Coady is in the English squad, might be captain again and he’s very much part of the promotion season and two consecutive 7th. place finishes.

However, to each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11332

So we sell Coady, our captain and full England International for 25 million and replace him with someone with the same qualities and attributes for the same 25 million............. Simply won't happen. Careful what you wish for people.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

No, we buy someone twice as good defensively for cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom