Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Beazley Design Awards

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you don’t mind me posting this but in the course of me doing various bits and pieces for Wolves, I am privileged to work with some extremely talented staff at the club.

I get to see first hand how hard they work in creating an exciting and innovative public image for Wolves.
This hard work has paid off and has been rewarded by them being nominated for the prestigious Beasley Design Award for the designing of Wolves very distinctive new image.

If you would like to cast your vote in the hope that they win this well deserved award, the link is below.

Thank you.
Graphic

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Hope you don’t mind me posting this but in the course of me doing various bits and pieces for Wolves, I am privileged to work with some extremely talented staff at the club.

I get to see first hand how hard they work in creating an exciting and innovative public image for Wolves.
This hard work has paid off and has been rewarded by them being nominated for the prestigious Beasley Design Award for the designing of Wolves very distinctive new image.

If you would like to cast your vote in the hope that they win this well deserved award, the link is below.

Thank you.
Graphic
sorry i know it's wolves but i can't vote for that font.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the respect for iron an steel but a 'new brand identity'. Really?

All a bit OTT for me considering the Wolf's head has been used for about forty years.

Still in today's non footballing sideshows based on 'brand creation' which only serves to dilute the organic brand football and clubs are (were) I suppose it's par for the course.

That's another thing. Award ceremonies. Too many institutions getting involved in back slapping inanity for every goddamn issue.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Voted - even though the shirt numbers are all the same to me i.e. the germanic 7 looks like a 9, etc

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
As somebody who works in that profession, I do genuinely admire the work that the design agency - ‘someone’ - produces. But I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of the work they created for us: it’s like they phoned it in.

It’s all subjective, but in my opinion, the font is clumsy and cliched. And the 3D wolfhead could have been so much better - it should be straight edges all the way. The curves above the eyes dilute the aggression of the wolfhead and makes it look like the batman mask. Should have dialled-up the wrought-iron texture too.

I hate to say it, but they did an almost identical - but much better executed - commission for Villa.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thank you.
Graphic
Genuine question - can you ask why we can’t seem to stick with a consistent colour palette for shirts? I know we have an annual debate about the shirt colour but my limited understanding of brand identity, and exposure of it through my corporate life where are materials - slides, visual materials, signage etc etc have to have the same Pantone colour etc - suggests that it is important. So why then chop and change the single biggest and most recognizable element of the clubs visual identity year in year. Other clubs don’t seem to. Regardless of what the colour is, why does it keep changing?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new brand identity for Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club following their victory in the 2017–18 Championship.
Influenced by the region’s rich heritage in steel and iron-mongering, the new logo contains a three-dimensional wolf head made of iron. Again in keeping with the club’s namesake, the font appears to have been slashed by wolf claws.
The identity has been praised by core supporters and international fans alike for its careful re-appropriation of an already existing personality.

Where can you see this? I haven't noticed anything different about the logo really, am i missing something*?

*although I did get a metal badge with the membership pack that looks a bit like the Star Trek communicator that Captain Kirk might use?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Think they have done a decent job on the 'branding' but I think there are a couple of far more worthy projects in that competition than our team fiddling around with how the numbers look on the back of our shirts. It may be sacrilege but I went on there to vote for our team and ended up giving my vote for a different project!

Also agree with Big Nosed Wolf - far too many awards ceremonies these days. It should all be about the work not about awards for the work. Not a fan of any subjective awards like the Oscars, BAFTAs, PFA, Player of the Year etc. etc.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Genuine question - can you ask why we can’t seem to stick with a consistent colour palette for shirts? I know we have an annual debate about the shirt colour but my limited understanding of brand identity, and exposure of it through my corporate life where are materials - slides, visual materials, signage etc etc have to have the same Pantone colour etc - suggests that it is important. So why then chop and change the single biggest and most recognizable element of the clubs visual identity year in year. Other clubs don’t seem to. Regardless of what the colour is, why does it keep changing?

I share your frustration at the inconsistency of the shirt colour - I wish we’d find an Old Gold colour and stick to it. I don’t understand the logic, or the strategy behind it.
But ultimately it’s the kit suppliers who are responsible - and the ‘big six’ aren’t immune to this swapping and changing: Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd are all wearing notably different colours this season compared to last.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the votes so far.
I’ve made sure that they are well aware of this support from MolineuxMix and they very much appreciate this.

Back
Top Bottom