Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bakary Sako

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
A decent cup run strategy way of thinking? Cant have the top players playing every game.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really not sure he fits the way we play, his movement across the front three was never great, his defending was atrocious and he was not the most tactically gifted - which is a feature of our front 3 now. Good in League 1 and Championship when we played 442 or 433 but not in a 343 in the Premiership.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sako is one of my favourite Wolves players of all time but he has been ravaged by injuries since leaving us so I'd have to say no thanks

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sako on a free not the worst consideration...or name and price the other options?

As has been said, if like last year, we going to have league and cup teams (with a view to winning cups with B team), then Sako is an upgrade....and we need someone else to bulge the old onion from 30 yards when Ruben resting, and Barry byelined.

Watched him for Palace, and tracked back (as did at Wolves) and played CF....and also ping a ball to feet from 60yards....

and that b4 he been Nuno'ised.

Last edited:

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
I was really disappointed he left, he could do nothing all game then do something to win you a match. We have since brought in better match winners who work a hell of a lot harder. Time to move on and I couldn't see Nuno tolerating him.

W

Wolf86

No from me. He’s got a terrible first touch and knocks the ball too far in front of him. Hasn’t cut it in the prem.

We have bigger fish to fry

S

SavageWolf

No from me. He’s got a terrible first touch and knocks the ball too far in front of him. Hasn’t cut it in the prem.

We have bigger fish to fry
I think at first he had the same old problems that you've mentioned but when he came back from the injury before this last one he was on fire. I think he proved in that spell that he can be a good PL player but to prove that long term you have to be playing and he doesn't play much cause he's always injured.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved him when he was here. That Millwall game when he did a lap of honour with tears in his eyes choked me up and I was devastated at the thought of never seeing that front three play together again. But we have moved on now and as much as I would love to see him back in a Wolves shirt it would be a backward step.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Sako in his time at Molineux where he stood out in a very average squad. With the quality I expect Fosun to bring in I really can't see a place for him. Happy to be proved wrong if we do sign him.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can pass a very stringent medical I can think of worse players to have on the bench, but think he will want to go somewhere he can be a regular starter and that is unlikely at Wolves. Two years is an epoch when Fosun own your club!

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a great player but we've moved on now.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view, we need another left sided attacking player in addition to Jota, so to all saying no, give me some names of players who will come to Wolves and be 2nd choice behind Jota? (That is presuming Sako would be prepared to do that)

Big money will be spent on a CF, CM, CH and GK, add to that a RWB and then a minimum of Boly, Jota, probably Afobe, we will need a couple of loans / free transfer signings to ensure we have 2 players per position.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not another "let's get a previous fans' favourite back" thread.

he wouldn't get on our bench this season never mind next.

M

Mr Wolf

Not for me, been injured quite a bit & he isn’t getting any younger. I’d rather bring in a forward/winger type player where as I see Sako as more of an out & out winger.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too injury prone and not an improvement on what we have, no thanks.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have great fitness coaches and if he passes a medical, then a preseason under our coaches would make him match fit and tactically relevant. He has played across the front three for us, which is what our forwards do now, has a great shot and power and pace. If those qualities are still there, then signing him would not be a problem.

D

Deleted member 3604

Think Nuno prefers a full on ninety minutes than a fifteen minutes cameo. He's probably best doing what the wallet tells him to do ..

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Absolutely loved Sako, best player here before the 'geezers and the others turned up.

We have moved on now though......he won't do top 8. :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much paper talk from agents already I can guarantee we won’t sign many of these names being linked recently just agents trying to drum up interest

As for Sako how many wingers do we need? Especially with Talisca coming lol

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Start of this season, or better still last season Sako would have been welcomed, but I think we have moved on - but Mitrovic that would not be a bad shout

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Not good enough for where we are going, but loved him where we were. Move along.....

F

Flynn

Love the guy. When he signed he would have expected to be playing in the Premier League within 12 months. As it turns out he was in League One - and fair play to him for sticking it out and getting us back up. But is he right in the current system? I don't think so. Which means it's a no from me.

Back
Top Bottom