Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bakary Sako

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad squad player to have and for free, it wouldn't be the worst signing.

But I think we've moved on.

D

Deleted member 4456

I think we've moved on from him now. He turned 30 yesterday. He'll do well at somewhere like Derby.

D

Deleted member 5910

A low risk one year contract on a free seems like good business, but it really depends on our ambition. It would be unlikely Bakary would get game time as long as Diogo is fit, as well.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
He'd be cheap, great option. Can turn nothing into something quite quickly on the pitch. Last player we've bought back has done ok!

W

Wolfgang Wolf

loved him when he was here.
not good enough for our team now and too old.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were looking to improve the squad not bring back a continually injured championship player.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genuinely love him. One of my favourite ever Wolves players.

Just don’t think we need him now with Jota and Cavaleiro on that side.

Wonder if he could be converted into a left wing-back?

westside wolf

Reaction score
No from me. Looks heavier than he should be, and hasn't consistently played since he left us. Goes to show, he was our best player when he left but he would struggle to make our squad now - even before we make other signings.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, if you're going to keep Benik and bring Nouha back maybe.... but you'll also need a time-machine to go back 3 years. For 2018-19, in the Premier League, probably not.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely love him. One of my favourite ever Wolves players.

Just don’t think we need him now with Jota and Cavaleiro on that side.

Wonder if he could be converted into a left wing-back?
This for me too. My third favourite Wolves player I have watched of all time (after Bully and Keano), BUT we have moved on now - he is injury-prone, and wouldn't simply walk into this team of stars. He would be no more of a squad player like he is now at Palace.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He was really unfortunate with his latest injury at Palace as he had completely won over their fans (won Supporters Player of the Month) and was being spoken of as their second most important player after Zaha.

I'd love to see him back at Molineux for one of the half-time pitch interviews. Would be guaranteed a fantastic reception.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4th choice wide forward behind Jota, Cav and Costa, would suit me I think, but would he be happy with that?

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't think he would fit well into our system, would be great from a nostalgia point of view but don't think it would work.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Class above what? Certainly non of our current squad for that position. It's a no from me.
Players he’s played against for us and palace. Maybe not as good as what we’ve got but who knows for certain.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t temember him being that injury prone.

I’m sure he weren’t always injured at palace was just out of favour.

Palace turnaround of form was kickstarted by Sako holding a place down in the team and finding the net ... unfortunately suffering an injury that has kept him out for the rest of the season.

He would be a good player to have as I think he would suit our system.

Let’s not get above our station here thinking we are entitled to the likes of Ronaldo, Talisca etc etc.

We have some great players who play for us like Jota and Neves ... but let’s not forget players like Bennett, Coady, Doherty and Douglas are just as important ... we cant have a team of superstars without the water carriers.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were still in the Championship, then yes. But we're not. ha!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair wouldn't mind having that thunderbolt shot of his in the penalty area

Aside from that, we have far better in Cav/Jota/Costa, they are better now and also on the up.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was killing it before he got injured. Finally got a decent run and showed how good he is for Palace. Not sure it would be worth our while getting him now

D

Deleted member 5910

This for me too. My third favourite Wolves player I have watched of all time (after Bully and Keano), BUT we have moved on now - he is injury-prone, and wouldn't simply walk into this team of stars. He would be no more of a squad player like he is now at Palace.

I don't think it's accurate to consider him a squad player at Palace. Whenever he's been fit he's been one of their most important players as Tring has mentioned, and was beginning to enjoy the sort of form that we all knew he was capable of- until he unfortunately suffered a season ending injury. That said, even with his injuries behind him, I am not sure he's better than Jota (with whom I believe he would be in direct competition down the left of the front three), and I think would struggle to get into our starting XI. On say a one or two year contract, though, I don't see a risk in signing him- unless we have bigger plans, which I suspect we do.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me at all, i would be disappointed if we went down that route it would remind me of Mick or Dave Jones type signings in the Prem. We have very much moved on with the times and fishing in a different pool now.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a different team.

I always thought we played with 10 men AND Sako . An explosive game changer.

Now we play as a fully integrated team.

D

Deleted member 4594

I think we’ll go big money on a midfielder, wing banks, central defender and central forward.
We are well blessed in the 2 wide front players with Jota, Cav and Costa so Sako (who was excellent for Palace before his fractured ankle) may be a good, low cost option as a squad player.
To be honest I just think it’s lazy speculation though.

Back
Top Bottom