Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bakary Sako

Reaction score
He always had that ‘X Factor’ of being able to smash in a goal from nowhere when we weren’t breaking sides down, that’s always got a use. Seems to have put on some timber and hasn’t played overly regularly for Palace though, loved him for us and was gutted that he left but I think we’ve already got better players in Cav/Jota/Costa, and will only add to that going forward. A no from me.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He always had that ‘X Factor’ of being able to smash in a goal from nowhere when we weren’t breaking sides down, that’s always got a use. Seems to have put on some timber and hasn’t played overly regularly for Palace though, loved him for us and was gutted that he left but I think we’ve already got better players in Cav/Jota/Costa, and will only add to that going forward. A no from me.
No No No. A thousand times no. We are dealing in a different market now.

These two fine gentlemen say it all for me.
I would like any new additions to our team this summer, to have pace to burn. :)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could see a place for him, but only as backup. His body just seems to have fallen apart since he left here.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance would we be looking into this. Nothing to see here we have moved on.

W

we8wba

Squad player yes,

If for first team regular we’ve moved on

But player loves club so much and run through brick wall on right deal and conditions could be great backup

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I understand the ‘moved on, different team’ sentiments, got to look at the plus sides too.

Yes, we have 2-3 excellent wide players (I say 2-3 since Jota seems to love playing false 9), but that’s hardly enough for a full prem season plus cup commitments.
Having decent quality deputies are a must, and Sako smells good for that to me.

Then consider attitude, which Nuno is big on.
The guy stayed through b2b relegations. That’s pretty rare in the grand scheme of things.
Was our best player in those dark times by a country mile, but wasn’t moaning and downing tools, got on with the job.

Then where/how he played.
He was never really a winger or orthodox wide mid, he always wanted to be playing inside left forward...which was kinda infuriating if that’s where you wanted him...but that’s kinda how we playing now. Doc and Douglas providing a lot of the genuine width, Cav/Costa/Jota cutting in and causing mayhem around the box.

I think quality free transfers will be very helpful in building depth for a prem campaign, with added bonus of saving the cash for strengthening first 11.
It may be a beautiful new dawn, but we aren’t Man City, and can’t buy 2 world class 11s.
Don’t want to be a Leicester or Burnley either, with the wheels falling off the second a first choice gets sidelined.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom