Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Attendance mix WV postcode v outside the area ?

What Post Code area do you live within

• Total voters
M

Mugwump

Started of with a DY, then moved to a WS4, now I live in the sunshine :D

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
pe21 in Lincolnshire, strictly a 1950/60s glory hunter and have been lost ever since!
by the way there are a number of other wolves fans round my way.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how scientific this poll is but locals total around 48%, travelling fans total 44% and o/seas total 8%. Extrapolating these figures on a 20k crowd, nearly 9k travel some distance to Molineux? Figures may be of interest to the Club and any initiatives aimed directly at the many travelling fans?

dingle01902

Reaction score
HU7 for me. Was WV8 growing up and WV1 in my early adult years.

Interested in making contact with any other HU based fans??

R

reanswolf

What ever happened to the results of the clubs survey that closed first week in August?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NE12, was S43 when I used to go regularly (70 miles rather than 220).

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Roswolf

I and my brother are STH's live in South Derbyshire DE12 postcode.

On the subject of fans being priced out of attending Molineux regularly, I am going to Bradford on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to see that Bradford City start their Senior concessions at age 60. So instead of paying £20 my ticket is £14. Surely this would make all the difference to a lot of older fans who need to count every penny and can't justlfy the cost.

So come on the powers that be, how about a re-think on concessions. It makes sense, especially when there are so many empty seats.

T

Tom S

What ever happened to the results of the clubs survey that closed first week in August?

It was mentioned in the response to the last question about communication in Jez's Q&A in the programme yesterday (I think it's on the website now). He says it's taken them longer than they expected to collate the responses and will feedback in due course (or something along those lines)

S

southbankwolf

NN for me (Northampton), Home and away season ticket, price of fuel is crippling at times so been fairly nice to have cheaper away tickets this year!

about a 155 mile round trip for us to each home game unless pick family up in Leicester then makes it 200

R

reanswolf

A lot of out of towners are originally from the area, as you would expect.

O

Orbital Wolves

During the 90s Wolves did a similar survey and (from vague memory) it showed about 30% of our fans travelled over 50 miles to home games. Vague memory that this was one of the highest ratio of long-distance fans from clubs who did similar survey

Or maybe I dreamt it

W

Wolfgang Wolf

HR1

In my small village, population 900, I know of 5 regular 5 to 10 games a season supporters including myself.

A lot of good Wolves support in Herefordshire.

Last edited by a moderator:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NN for me (Northampton), Home and away season ticket, price of fuel is crippling at times so been fairly nice to have cheaper away tickets this year!

about a 155 mile round trip for us to each home game unless pick family up in Leicester then makes it 200

Tell me about it cost is £40 petrol money every home game.Post-code GU

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
WF13 (think I met Dewsbury Wolf once at bus stop up the road) & work in LS27 (not knowingly met Smokie)
Tuesday night games are a killer when you have to get up at 4 am but have to be done

K

kapitiwolf

Pity we can't do something like Everton do with a fan map.

www.evertonfc.com/fanmap

Now that is a clever idea is someone able to do that for us ??????
I am the world's worst when it comes to being clever around a computer but is certainly a great thought,and to be made into a sticky [I know another sticky but what is one more]:pcguru: :D

R

reanswolf

If this was representative of hyperthetically 20,000 Wolves fans, at present this would mean :-

3050 from Wolverhampton/Willenhall/Bridgnorth (WV postcodes)
2000 from Walsall/Cannock (WS postcodes)
2000 from Dudley borough (DY postcodes)
1000 from Sandwell/Birmingham (B postcodes)
1150 from Telford (TF postcodes)
550 from Stafford (ST postcodes)
10300 from elsewhere (all other postcodes)

I do not believe that more than 50% of our fans are from outside the west midlands. I believe the figure trvalling 30 miles or more each way was 33%, if memory serves me correctly. Which is probably a more accurate figure of our attending fanbase than is shown here. Nevertheless we have an "interested" fanbase across the country and the globe.

S

Seeg_Wolves

Travel from Bognor Regis so a bit of a journey up but well worth it to watch the Wolves....

E

Edgmond Wolf

I suspect on a match day there are more than 50% from the designed post codes....and much less from the other.....

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if it were at poll inside the ground this would obviously differ,with most coming from west mids areas,dont forget you are talking about a forum that is frequented by fans from outside of the area,just so they can keep up with news as they dont have that great paper,the express and star.so outside area fans on here are going to out number local fans.Dont all jump on me back though,just sayin.

R

reanswolf

if it were at poll inside the ground this would obviously differ,with most coming from west mids areas,dont forget you are talking about a forum that is frequented by fans from outside of the area,just so they can keep up with news as they dont have that great paper,the express and star.so outside area fans on here are going to out number local fans.Dont all jump on me back though,just sayin.

Think that is very true, I dont know anyone personally who goes to matches who comes on here - and I know a fair few who go to matches, all Wolverhampton/Wednesbury/Tipton lads.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised at how many fans travel from all over the country to see Wolves - I accept 48% may be an unlikely number based solely on those who come on here;however whenever I come up the M5 I pass many cars with Wolves scarves in the windows. Unscientific I know but it behoves the Club to take into account the exiled supporters when it makes decisions re:pricing, ticket allocation etc etc.

D

Deleted member 4099

Having lived either NE Birmingham or Tamworth for all of the 27 years I've been following the Wolves something that has always caught my eye on travels to and from Wolverhampton is the amount of other people also making the trip in and out. It's like rush hour on a weekday when there's a match at Molineux.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think you'd be surprised at how many fans travel from all over the country to see Wolves - I accept 48% may be an unlikely number based solely on those who come on here;however whenever I come up the M5 I pass many cars with Wolves scarves in the windows. Unscientific I know but it behoves the Club to take into account the exiled supporters when it makes decisions re:pricing, ticket allocation etc etc.

I wouldn't I have one from Carlise near me every home match and he goes to many away too. Also have a couple who commute from below Bristol every home match......BUT 1972 is correct most are within an hours drive

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that is very true, I dont know anyone personally who goes to matches who comes on here - and I know a fair few who go to matches, all Wolverhampton/Wednesbury/Tipton lads.

same here reans,thats why i stated the fact,none of my mates use this forum or other fora for that matter,:goodnight:

Back
Top Bottom