Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Attendance mix WV postcode v outside the area ?

What Post Code area do you live within

• Total voters

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and the crowd prediction thread has prompted the question.

I meet so many Wolves fans both home & away that don't reside inside the Wolverhampton postcode area , we really do have wonderful support and if we were as successful as say Southampton , Sandwell are today Im sure we could pull in 30k plus on a regular basis.

I would be fascinated to know the actual mix , my guess is that around 25 % of our regular fan base comes from afar?

:cool:

PS M24 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

I've been thinking about this and the crowd prediction thread has prompted the question.

I meet so many Wolves fans both home & away that don't reside inside the Wolverhampton postcode area , we really do have wonderful support and if we were as successful as say Southampton , Sandwell are today Im sure we could pull in 30k plus on a regular basis.

I would be fascinated to know the actual mix , my guess is that around 25 % of our regular fan base comes from afar?

I'd go lower to be honest just off the accents I hear I'd go 95% are from local area. Although you do have to take into account many of those would be DY, WS or even B post codes.

H

Hathwolves

Throughout my life, I've only ever lived with a WV postcode for about 4 years- and that was out at Cosford (where bizzarely, the camp has a WV7 postcode, and the museum is TF11!). Currently have a lovely SN postcode!!

J

Jungleee

In the PL, I think we had the 3rd highest % of STs living outside the Wolverhampton area?

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Create a poll A R just to give a rough idea

P S - TF10

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a STH, born in WV6, currently residing in Dorset...but I go to the match with six other STH's, who all live in Wolvo.

R

reanswolf

If I recall that survey it was about 30% of ST holders liveoutside a 30 mile radius or something like that. And yes it was oneof the highest.

People think I hark on about prices, but clearly we cannot rely on such out of area support indefinetly as we have been poor on the pitch for years . Those fans were attracted during the glory years of the late 50's and early 60's, or the 70's.

I think we have a huge priced-out dormant Black Country support and I feel we need to reconnect with them a bit more. Never easy once you have lost them (priced them out). In fairness to the club they have listened so we are nwo similar to other clubs, but it should never have happened in the first place.

I live in WV8 now, but my two mates I met up with have B postcodes living in Tipton/Wednesbury area.

J

Jungleee

If I recall that survey it was about 30% of ST holders liveoutside a 30 mile radius or something like that. And yes it was oneof the highest.

People think I hark on about prices, but clearly we cannot rely on such out of area support indefinetly as we have been poor on the pitch for years . Those fans were attracted during the glory years of the late 50's and early 60's, or the 70's.

I think we have a huge priced-out dormant Black Country support and I feel we need to reconnect with them a bit more. Never easy once you have lost them (priced them out). In fairness to the club they have listened so we are nwo similar to other clubs, but it should never have happened in the first place.

I live in WV8 now, but my two mates I met up with have B postcodes living in Tipton/Wednesbury area.

Can I just re-iterate Seasider's point about people hailing from Wolverhampton but moving elsewhere for jobs etc!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the minute, there are 7 of us all STH who travel in. None of us have a WV postcode.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the PL, I think we had the 3rd highest % of STs living outside the Wolverhampton area?

I saw that somewhere too. When I'm home, I'm NN--, where there's still a sizable contingent given the distance.

D

Deleted member 4099

B78 which is North Warwickshire postcode. There's 4 of us home and away.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta remember WS postcode is not far from wolvo be loads of us from around this postcode

W

wolvesultra

I think we have a huge priced-out dormant Black Country support and I feel we need to reconnect with them a bit more. Never easy once you have lost them (priced them out)

This in spades totally agree, we're losing generations too. For every 30-40 something that has been priced out theres probably a kid that he would have started to take.

Granted his dad will perhaps buy him a top / scarf even take him to the odd cheap game but they won't get that bug of going regularly and really supporting a team. Without that can you blame them for turning to Man Utd / Cheski etc like their mates at school!

W

wolvesultra

Gotta remember WS postcode is not far from wolvo be loads of us from around this postcode

exactly, same as DY and a lot of B (don't forget Sandwell aint worthy of its own post code so places like Oldbury, West Brom etc have a Birmingham post code).

If someone does make it a poll i'd suggest maybe 3 options:

WV

WS, B, DY

Any other

J

Jungleee

exactly, same as DY and a lot of B (don't forget Sandwell aint worthy of its own post code so places like Oldbury, West Brom etc have a Birmingham post code).

WV

WS, B, DY

Any other

Poll is a good shout, take the lead!

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
exactly, same as DY and a lot of B (don't forget Sanwell aint worth of its own post code so places like Oldbury, West Brom etc have a Birmingham post code).

WV

WS, B, DY

Any other

I think WV,
All neighbouring postcodes, WS, B, DY, TF, SY etc
All outside that inner hub.

Red Socks

Groupie
Reaction score
GU10 for me, originally from Tipton but lived most of my life in WV6 then moved out of the area to be with my wife!

D

Dewsburywolf

WF13 (Wakefield post code but Kirklees (Huddersfield) borough

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the poll should be

WV
DY
WS
B
TF
SN
Any other
Worldwide

This gives us a chance to see our local catchment

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
HP23 for me (leafy Hertfordshire).

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WV

WS, B, DY

Any other

yes , good thinking...

W

wolvesultra

Attendance mix WV postcode v outside the area POLL

as requested in the earlier thread (with same title)

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great idea for a poll. I'm sure years back I heard people in the DY area had more season tickets than people in WV but I got shot down by some people. Would be interesting if someone could get the info off the club.

W

wolvesultra

Great idea for a poll. I'm sure years back I heard people in the DY area had more season tickets than people in WV but I got shot down by some people. Would be interesting if someone could get the info off the club.

I'm sure under the freedom of information act it could be accessed? Not an expert mind thinking about it might have to be a time lapse on certain information.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
My postcode when I stay at my dad's before games is M31 (Manchester - Trafford).

My home postcode is 12109 Berlin.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DY now

WV4 until 12 months ago

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am currently WS4.

However WV12 when I was a young chap and also during my mid to late 20s as I was born and have lived in Short Heath during my time too.

Back
Top Bottom