Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ask Wolves

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that does wind me up about Shi and I think where alot of the negativity comes from is how he talks about fans around the world being so important (which i get) but doesnt show abit more respect for the fans who travel around the country paying out a lot of money to support the team....

Was the same last year with his comments about supporting the team more etc just doesn't sit right with me tbh..

Let's be frank here, the blokes a bit of a ****

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely, a few seasons consolidating in safe mid-table is a good way to eventually progress to being a top 6 club? No other club has come from nowhere to break that top 6 monopoly, not since Man City spent a billion and FFP pulled the ladder up, anyway. Leicester won the league and they haven't broken that barrier. This season, same top 6 as usual.

The question is, how confident are we that they are they are doing anything to consolidate us being safe in mid-table? Only time will tell and the recruitment team this year really are under the pump.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A cash cow they’ve just written a £120 million debt off for.

The debt being there makes no difference to them or not.

The way they generate money from Wolves is through the brand and other ventures or a sale, in the latter instance the loan would either be written off or paid off as part of the sale. If they sold the club tomorrow they would make a profit on their investment even taking into account the loan write off so it's a bit of a mute point.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Investment in the stadium to increase capacity and the club's commercial offering for a start. Remember that any money spent on infrastructure falls outside the remit of FFP.

It's certainly not by charging Dave from Dudley more every year for his season ticket in the South Bank.
So a loan for the stadium then? FFP has no bearing on us not spending, Fosun could loan us more money and be well within bounds of FFP

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest Josh - you have more faith in the scouting team than I do.
With the exception of RAN, Gomes and Chiquinho (none of whom have been regular first team starters) I don't really see it myself - what player have we beaten a top club too?
We have bought lots of "ones for the future - none of whom actually seem to be at Wolves" and are , seemingly, players for Grasshoppers.

I'd say RAN would be one who PSG inevitably sniff around recently but not to can't yet, Neto maybe another maybe a mendes deal however.

In regards to scouting it was more we have different markets to look at now south America for example, that's what it sounds like at least.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that does wind me up about Shi and I think where alot of the negativity comes from is how he talks about fans around the world being so important (which i get) but doesnt show abit more respect for the fans who travel around the country paying out a lot of money to support the team....

Was the same last year with his comments about supporting the team more etc just doesn't sit right with me tbh..

And we all know why.

He knows those fans will turn up whether he praises them or not. They're already 'won over'. So why waste time impressing these people? The absolute dream of this outlook is for a new **** to be in the same seat each week. The type who flood the club shop and bring 'please can I have your shirt' banners.

'Legacy fans' other than paying their season ticket prices are nothing but a nuisance to this project.

And eventually a good percentage of genuine fans will be priced out by the continuous ticket price hike. And when the atmosphere is as flat as a Witch's tit, I wonder how quickly some will be to defend it all then.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode with Bruno. I can't believe people want him sacked. He came across so well in my opinion. He seems to have an excellent idea of where he wants to take the squad.
I suspect not many of us have watched his yet. I jumped straight onto sellars and jeffs to be honest as theirs will dictate what our summer would most likely look like.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect not many of us have watched his yet. I jumped straight onto sellars and jeffs to be honest as theirs will dictate what our summer would most likely look like.

I am guilty of not watching the Bruno interview to be fair.
Rightly or wrongly, no matter how good or nice he is, or how he wants to progress - ultimately I don't get the feeling he has much say in the matter. As people point out, he's the Head Coach not the manager - I just think he will get what he is given and told to work with that.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am guilty of not watching the Bruno interview to be fair.
Rightly or wrongly, no matter how good or nice he is, or how he wants to progress - ultimately I don't get the feeling he has much say in the matter. As people point out, he's the Head Coach not the manager - I just think he will get what he is given and told to work with that.

Pretty much everything he ever says regarding players/transfers is contradicted in reality. Even to the point of John Ruddy staying. So yeh, I don't blame you not watching.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This isn't to help the club. This is to help them grow other interests.

We are nothing but a cash cow and good advertising
We aren't even remotely a cash cow, Fosun made $25BN in revenue in 2021. We made less than $170M which is about 0.65%.

Cash cow, don't make me laugh. We are a rounding error.

They've given us £126.5M in free loans which they've written off, they've decided any further investment won't yield a sensible return.

Do I like it ? No I want them to be a sugar daddy, does it make prudent return on investment sense? Being brutally honest, yes.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've watched the Lage interview. I thought he came across pretty well. He explained what he wants, or at least tried to. He just needs to get his ideas across on the pitch. If he can get the players he wants maybe he can. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edit -

I'm surprised that some people can't warm to him. I think he comes across as genuine chap and very approachable. Maybe he should have followed the advice that was given to Espirito Santo and showed more emotion on the pitch after a match.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will get knocked for saying this but I found the interviews with Sellars and Shi all very uninspiring. Its clear it will be sell to buy with no other real investment. Its clear to me we wont get a transfer window like when we got promoted, which is exactly the sort of window we need this summer.

There seem to be lots of excuses about FFP again which other clubs dont seem to be going on about or having any sort of problems with.

From where I am sitting the project looks dead in the water when it comes to the first team and we will be treading water and if we arent careful down near the bottom next season.

As I say I am sure a few will jump on me for these comments but it is all extremely underwhelming and concerning to me, particularly with the amount of senior players we could be losing this summer.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a real worry.

I've listened to Sellars and Vinny's as well and they just come across as clueless.

One example, not helped by Jonny Phillips admittedly as he implied it too, was how having away fans along the bottom of the Steve Bull gives away teams an advantage and makes more atmosphere for them. The vast majority of football fans in the league will tell you it's the worst away end in the league for making an atmosphere. So, this isn't a big deal, just shows the sort of idiots we have in charge.

Sellars was full of **** (again). 'If we brought in another central midfielder we wouldn't have found out about Luke Cundle'. He played 180 minutes all season in the league haha. He of course talks complete rubbish about Traore - also would say zero chance of him staying beyond this window from the tone.

Listened to Jeff, Vinny & Sellars so far and it's been a waste of time really. A lot of rubbish spoken (Jeff & FFP). Pretty pointless but looking forward to Lage's.

The comment about Cundle from Sellars was annoying. This is the same Luke Cundle that Lage has hardly used since January, even when Moutinho has looked out on his feet. I like Cundle but it is clear Lage doesnt trust him to regularly start games.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I will get knocked for saying this but I found the interviews with Sellars and Shi all very uninspiring. Its clear it will be sell to buy with no other real investment. Its clear to me we wont get a transfer window like when we got promoted, which is exactly the sort of window we need this summer.

There seem to be lots of excuses about FFP again which other clubs dont seem to be going on about or having any sort of problems with.

From where I am sitting the project looks dead in the water when it comes to the first team and we will be treading water and if we arent careful down near the bottom next season.

As I say I am sure a few will jump on me for these comments but it is all extremely underwhelming and concerning to me, particularly with the amount of senior players we could be losing this summer.
Most of the forum agree with you, don't pre-victim things

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've done well putting these all out at the same time as it means certain people can't get scrutinised - namely Vinny Clarke.

He is outright lying about Leicester City not being cheaper than us.

£400-435 renewals behind both goals, compared to £590 for us.

The Steve Bull equivalent for Leicester is priced differently depending on where you sit in terms of the view. The highest price in that area is £630 for the halfway line seats. Ours is £686.

Those in the corners of the Steve Bull are renewing for £686 whereas Leicester's equivalent are paying £440.

This video should be taken down because it's not true what he's saying.

If that's the case as well, how can we believe anything else they say?

Following on from that, how can we have someone in this role who is either a liar or just incompetent?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched Bruno's interview and found it very positive. He clearly values the fans, you can see the emotion of football is important to him. He recognises the issues that we are concerned about and is planning the way ahead. Genuine bloke with energy and ambition. Looking forward to next season now.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also find it a shame on this thread that certain posters are attacking others for daring to be critical of these videos and with childish digs. It is the usual ones as well who do this and have a go at anyone who dare be critical.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here he is, the club apologist.

You're going to have a very busy today though in your role, so I'll leave you to it!
I’ve said before the club doing these interviews is absolutely pointless because the baying mob will twist anything said to suit their agenda. They can’t win. The sooner they sell us and we return back to being a mediocre championship team like we have been for the best part of 40 years the better.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said before the club doing these interviews is absolutely pointless because the baying mob will twist anything said to suit their agenda. They can’t win. The sooner they sell us and we return back to being a mediocre championship team like we have been for the best part of 40 years the better.

Why cant you accept that others have different views to you without resorting to childish digs all of the time? Is it that hard for you to debate on here without insults?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that isn’t how a cash cow works is it?
Well they only did it to help attract investment into the brand. What that basically says, since buying the club they have put in a total of 120m into the club, got us into the premier League and now have little interest investing anymore

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A cash cow they’ve just written a £120 million debt off for.
Again, they've not wrote off debt, they've converted it into equity. It means that Wolves are worth more, but that doesn't mean Fosun don't get their money back.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've done the Sellars interview. It's pretty much what I expected. He said the same things in an interview earlier in the year with the Express and Star.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

It’s interesting that when Vinny compared the price of the shirt compared to what other clubs charge that he used an average price paid by fans

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could just tell the truth.

I don't mind them telling the truth even if we don't like it. He's told us we've got no money and we have to sell to buy. It's not what you want to hear but it's the reality, I'm okay with that.

What we don't need is the lying and there's no one to blame for that but themselves.

Why is Jeff mentioning FFP when it's not going to impact us?
Why is Vinny Clarke saying it's unfair to say Leicester are cheaper than us when it's true that they are?
Why is Sellars saying signing a central midfielder would've stopped us seeing Luke Cundle, who has played just 180 minutes?

This is not on. It's complete and utter BS and it's not twisting anything.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also find it a shame on this thread that certain posters are attacking others for daring to be critical of these videos and with childish digs. It is the usual ones as well who do this and have a go at anyone who dare be critical.
Interesting that on the other Wolves forum there is not one single positive comment, hopefully the summer will bring some positivity and hope, both of which are in short supply, certainly amongst the legacy fans.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They could just tell the truth.

I don't mind them telling the truth even if we don't like it. He's told us we've got no money and we have to sell to buy. It's not what you want to hear but it's the reality, I'm okay with that.

What we don't need is the lying and there's no one to blame for that but themselves.

Why is Jeff mentioning FFP when it's not going to impact us?
Why is Vinny Clarke saying it's unfair to say Leicester are cheaper than us when it's true that they are?
Why is Sellars saying signing a central midfielder would've stopped us seeing Luke Cundle, who has played just 180 minutes?

This is not on. It's complete and utter BS and it's not twisting anything.
Fair comments, particularly around FFP as it isn't accurate.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of jumping on bits and pieces here again,and taking them right out of context
JS did not say we would be top 4 next season at all,he said in any given season we could do a Leicester,maybe top 6 top 4,but at this point we couldnt sustain it ,and thats where he wants to get in time

If you go through all of the interviews its explained further
Wolves as we are cant compete with the top 6 commercially,so we have to try a different plan of action
This includes esports,music,fashion etc which have huge followings in other countries,thus huge potential for investment

The football fan base cant sustain the club,but having millions knowing and possibly investing in the Wolves brand can
I know its hard for us mere fans to get a handle on the subject,after all we just want the team to do well,and if your like me know bugger all about esports etc

I do though understand the logic behind it,and do know we are actively persuing some very lucrative avenues in esport and music,which in turn could hopefully push us on in the football side in time
Warner Bros are interested in our music side,TOCA and F1 are being explored as part of esports,big name video games are using our skins now, all extremely lucrative business deals

Other than all that,listening to all the interviews,it seems to me theres money there for players if they improve what we have,we will be refreshing the squad this summer,we wont be spending hundreds of millions to do it

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JOS I haven't read through all the comments mainly because of what feels to me like overwhelming negativity and I don't enjoy reading it. The back biting from both sides is boring bull**** so I avoid it, that is my personal solution. Won't work for everyone of course. Having said that you are now criticising people for criticising others, that is a small part of why it rumbles on and on. If we don't respond to moaners it will reduce or stop, at least to an extent. Have a good summer mate.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've watched the Lage interview. I thought he came across pretty well. He explained what he wants, or at least tried to. He just needs to get his ideas across on the pitch. If he can get the players he wants maybe he can. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

He's not getting the players he wants, he's getting the players he's given.....
Its all pretty deflating really, last year " FFP isnt an issue" this year it is??
Reshuffling obviously means selling our best ( most valuable ) players and replacing them with more " generational talents" not only from Portugal but Asia and the America's too..... ( supposedly we must be the only team that has scouts in these countries to get all the " top players" first).

In the grand scheme of things we are a pretty insignificant part of the Fosun empire, they clearly don't want to throw more money at us, if the sold us now they would make a profit on their investment, I'm not sure why they want to still own us? Seems alot of effort for minimal increase of our current value.

Im still perplexed by their purchase of Fabio Silva for such an inflated price it seems to contradict their whole argument/philosophy of the last 2 years.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Well they only did it to help attract investment into the brand. What that basically says, since buying the club they have put in a total of 120m into the club, got us into the premier League and now have little interest investing anymore
How we a cash cow for Fosun? They don't take any dividends, haven't sold the asset or even had any takers on the % they are trying to sell. They literally haven't made money off us, we are just an irrelevant part of their balance sheet

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am generally a glass half full kind of bloke but it hard to disagree with what you have written.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He mentioned newcastle and comparing them to us, how they will hit the same 'ceiling'... let's see how this pans out then...

Only watched Jeff's so far, no mention of ground? I also didn't realise they were looking to float us like united?

As with all these videos I just wish the interviewer probed more and questioned the answers.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe because “certain posters” are bored to tears of reading doom and gloom about every single thing to do with wolves on a daily basis?

“Certain posters” were guaranteed to come on here and be critical no matter what was said in these videos as it’s in their DNA.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I also didn't like that he recognises them and us are not on the same page. But said nothing to suggest he's working of fixing this now or in future.

I'm all for growing the 'business' but don't forget where you came from.

Back
Top Bottom