Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal verdict

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama. Mau not change the result but teams certainly defended differentky.

We could gave won or draw by the team with more momentum did

We could have won our drawn without him if we also took our chances.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m pretty level headed this evening but I don’t really understand how anybody can claim we were unlucky and worth a point. Just because we worked hard and defended bravely it doesn’t mean we deserved anything from the game. In fact, the lads gave absolutely everything for the cause and will be absolutely devastated at losing the way we did.

There is no way on earth that Bruno and his team watch videos of tonight’s game, analyse is and go “we were unlucky there” in the team meeting to follow.

The Raul miss and the Semedo injury were the real game changing incidents after we scored. Not just losing Semedo and playing a very unready Jonny but Bruno having to make that sub meant that he couldn’t bring Donk on earlier or take Raul off for Fabio.

But yea, I expect some changes for West Ham. Obviously Semedo is enforced but there will be some tired legs out there after that effort without the ball.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another note, that’s the 3rd last gasp goal we have conceded this season. Leeds, Liverpool then tonight. From memory, don’t recall us scoring one either.

The opposite to that first season back up under Nuno.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Raul for what he's done for the club but he's not the same player anymore, just doesn't lead the line well and is extremely goal shy. The ball kept coming back all 2nd half because he was completely inept at holding it up.

That half also showed a small time mentality from us, we got an early goal, largely sat in our box and waited to have our bellies tickled. Our luck was bound to run out eventually. Better team won as much as I dislike them.
He doesn't look the same. Couldn't hold the ball and he doesn't seem to win many duels against the centre backs and get it munger control.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bruno:

"The thing to take from this game is the good performance, the way we controlled the game and the chances we created."

Should’ve gone to spec savers mate. We were dominated.
I understand your comment because we visibly tired but we did control the game for the first 50-60 minutes and Raul, Hwang and Neto missed very presentable chances. If Raul or Hwang make it 2-0 we go on and win. For all of Arsenals endeavour, their first clear chance fell to Lacazette mid way through the second half. So I guess that's what Lage is implying.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, and it's three poor performances our of four without Adama. For all those that think he offered nothing.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would rather Silva played and got minutes to improve.

He can't do any worse than Raul is currently but at least we would be nurturing a young prospect ... Raul is on his way out. Sad to see but he just isn't the same player and I'm sorry but sentiment has no place in our starting 11.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore would've ran at them and past them tonight.

It would've won us free-kicks and it would've increased our chances of winning that game as we wouldn't have been under intense pressure throughout.

Neto didn't do that.

So, I actually don't really care if he's quick or not, but he doesn't do that and we need someone to do that.
The ball gad to get to Neto

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Gutted. But actually, we deserved nothing and got nothing. A few years ago we were playing Barnsley, maybe we need to adjust our expectations. The top 4 clubs are enormous - we're not.
Yet we’re competing with them and have been since coming up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I have for 60 years. Take your ill temper out on someone else .
Yes I have for 60 years. Take your ill temper out on someone else .

Did you even see the chances we could have scored to go 2-0 up? Yes we sat deep, but we also attacked on the break. To listen to your twaddle you’d think we didn’t venture out of the half. So take your dumb comments and shove them.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
As for the verdict. Decent first ten then an absolute embarrassment for the rest.

Awful diving and time wasting, terrible decision making and just lump it anywhere play. This is isn't the first time we've done this once ahead and I for one don't want to ever see it again. We are better than that, if we want to defend a lead keep the ball.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were playing Arsenal folks, that's Arsenal, one of the old proper big 3, the perennial Champions League qualifiers until a few years back. It was disappointing how much we sat back but we weren't that bad.

Remember Arsenal are a massive club and a side assembled for big money. Their attacks were superb, we were okay but you can't always defend a lead against a top-ish side. Get a grip some of yous, we were mostly solid but they broke us down with a couple of great moves.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gutted to lose in injury time but this isn’t the first time we’ve struggled to retain possession when seeing out a win or a draw. On the whole we’ve done really well to have 40 points by the end of February and what I’d most like to see between now and the end of the season is a few games where we’re good value for the points we get. Felt it a fair but under Nuno and certainly this season that we seem to ride our luck a bit too often.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage got it badly wrong to the extent of ****ing up tonight sadly. The two man midfield was completely overrun. Donk should have been on no later than an hour into the game.

Arsenal were playing a very high defensive line and were bloody vulnerable to being run at with pace as Pod, RAN and Pedro demonstrated. Instead we hoofed it aimlessly to Raul who was frankly ****ing awful all game tonight - that miss which would have made it 2-0 when we were on top....

Raul should have gone off and either Hwang or Fabio played up top.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted to lose in injury time but this isn’t the first time we’ve struggled to retain possession when seeing out a win or a draw. On the whole we’ve done really well to have 40 points by the end of February and what I’d most like to see between now and the end of the season is a few games where we’re good value for the points we get. Felt it a fair but under Nuno and certainly this season that we seem to ride our luck a bit too often.
We're not going to do that without shaking up the middle of the park.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a 60 year Wolves fan myself I've had the same **** mate from that so called Wolves fan Just put him on ignore like I have ;)
What have I said to you? The last time I commented on your post, it was supportive and now you write this crap?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wing backs who are good defensively and good going forward are a real rarity. It doesn’t translate to direct goals and assists, but Semedo is a class act. Immense again tonight. Really hope it isn’t serious.
He's a funny player. But clearly class. For me, he's good going forward but not amazing, but defensively you never worry... he'll stand his man up, he'll nip in and get the ball, he'll block the cross. I'm won over, going forward he's good, in defense he's ****ing solid. Hope his hammy is okay, worrying that he pulled up with a non-contact injury.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for the verdict. Decent first ten then an absolute embarrassment for the rest.

Awful diving and time wasting, terrible decision making and just lump it anywhere play. This is isn't the first time we've done this once ahead and I for one don't want to ever see it again. We are better than that, if we want to defend a lead keep the ball.
We didn’t keep the ball well enough, but we still created three other excellent chances and as Arsenal created very little I do think we deserved at least a point.
It was said before the game that we have used the least amount of players in the league this season and yet are competing with the sinister six whose budgets way exceed ours.
The Cedric elbow on Hwang was missed and Semedo sadly looks like he will miss a number of games. White also went down when untouched with Coady through on goal so while I get your point it was not one way.

Back
Top Bottom