Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal verdict

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come in, we spent 3 years lamenting the fact Traore didn’t run in behind so in what way is that something he would have offered different.

Sure Traore drags us up the pitch in that game, but he’d have had the same issue Hwang, Neto and Podence had, the ball never arrived.

Neto ran past players at least once off the bench against Leicester. I’d suggest he does that more often than he beats them with skill.

I’m sorry, I’m just not having that Neto isn’t quick.
Traore would've ran at them and past them tonight.

It would've won us free-kicks and it would've increased our chances of winning that game as we wouldn't have been under intense pressure throughout.

Neto didn't do that.

So, I actually don't really care if he's quick or not, but he doesn't do that and we need someone to do that.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was type of backs against the wall performance that we normally thrive off. Arsenal werent great but they upped the intensity second half while we wilted. The two goals were uncharacteristically sloppy. Despite that we created 3 guilt edge opportunities for Raul, Hwang and Neto. If Raul or Hwang made it 2-0, we go on and win. So, so disappointing because Arsenal were poor up until pepe arrived.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arsenal had 26 shots! I think the final score was an absolutely 100% fair reflection of the play.

About 20 of those were high and wide hopefuls. How many real chances on target?

He's not just rapid, he can actually kick, pass and head a football. Not just run with it.

Talking absolute rubbish.

Although if you take the opposite of your quote it perfectly reflects Adama who I bet you loved! Rapid, can't kick, pass or head but can run with it!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical, we lose a game and the verdict thread is far busier than when we win, and most of it is people arguing. Will post later.

People like to vent. I’d rather do it on here than kick the dog tbh, and I don’t begrudge anyone who wants a moan.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three horse race for 6th spot us , West Ham , Spurs.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read the comments. Absolutely nothing to do with goals.

You even make my point for me. Our problem WAS ball retention. And if you can't keep it, you hit the corners, you have an outlet. Traore was that player.
Lol. When that ball spun off José's gloves, you couldn't believe your luck could ya?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think it was a similar performance to Leicester, if you give the ball away that much premier league teams punish you. Need more quality and press resistance in the midfield.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore would've ran at them and past them tonight.

It would've won us free-kicks and it would've increased our chances of winning that game as we wouldn't have been under intense pressure throughout.

Neto didn't do that.

So, I actually don't really care if he's quick or not, but he doesn't do that and we need someone to do that.
Not if he didn’t get the ball, which Neto rarely did when he came on.

Neto not doing that tonight isn’t the same as Neto not doing it at all, he does, but like any forward Traore included he needs to be given the opportunity.

Watch some clips of Neto when you get 5, I think you’re thinking of someone else!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno:

"The thing to take from this game is the good performance, the way we controlled the game and the chances we created."

Should’ve gone to spec savers mate. We were dominated.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was a similar performance to Leicester, if you give the ball away that much premier league teams punish you. Need more quality and press resistance in the midfield.
So you're giving me all this **** and you say we need to be more 'press resistance' which is EXACTLY what I said. Just you think in midfield and I think Traore is the answer to that. Daft ****.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanches last summer would have been enough.

2 players, a midfielder and striker ( using hindsight now obviously ) and we are a real threat. You look at how Willian Jose is doing in Spain ( 10 goals and 5 assists in 29 games ) and you wonder what we are doing wrong that he looked so toothless here. Was it all our system, is Spain just a pretty poor league or was it just he wasnt suited here.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
We were seconds away from a draw. It's how it goes. Bruno gambled on a draw and it nearly paid off.
A more pragmatic manager would have brought Donk on earlier because they were running the midfield all second half.
To score when they did is sickening. I feel physically sick. But that's football. Forget this and look to the next one. Hope it helps to harden our team and that Bruno can learn from this.

T

TheConcourse

Three horse race for 6th spot us , West Ham , Spurs.
Yeah, and let’s be honest, if that’s where we are I’m delighted. Top 4 always felt like we were in ‘can’t lose any of the next 5 games territory’ - we aren’t there yet. It’s nice to dream, but it’s a step too far right now.

Top 6 feels more realistic, and what a result that would be. Same with top 8. Great return. Any lower would feel disappointing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So you're giving me all this **** and you say we need to be more 'press resistance' which is EXACTLY what I said. Just you think in midfield and I think Traore is the answer to that. Daft ****.
Because you said an extremely fast player isn't quick you absolute ********. I've said forever we aren't press resistant in the midfield. Joao and Ruben struggle hugely when pressed. Absolutely no relevance to your ****ing brain dead comment about Neto not being quick.

He made 2x runs in behind and was totally ignored in the time he was on

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing you would say about that is traore completely changes the context of that game if we have an outlet in the channel

It was a game where after 20 mins podence and Jimenez simply offered nothing

CologneWolf

Reaction score
How many more times are we going to have to watch that? Groundhog Day. Score early, sit deep and lose. Did it under Nuno, doing it under Bruno. It's just so ****ing stupid.
Clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

After our win at Leicester we were 45 consecutive PL games unbeaten when scoring first.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I don't. I go to more games than you and you have the cheek to say that.

In this day and age going to games really isnt a good argument. Everyone can watch every game anyway. You dont miss much like you used to. You might see an odd little thing you dont see on TV, but it doesnt effect your overall view of the game.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes you do. You’re missing in action when we win. I’m sick of your constant negative drivel every time we don’t win. None stop negative comments. Do you get a kick out of it?
Yeah I do. Just end it there.

Making out I don't care/enjoy Wolves not winning games when I spend more money and time on the club than you.

By the way, I don't like this argument generally, and it's up to you what you do with your support, money, circumstances etc. Absolutely fine with that. Just don't take the **** out of other people when they do it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's always "The Missing Man will save us". I really think tonights match was made for Trincao. If only Bruno had played Trincao and Silva up front. :oops:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing you would say about that is traore completely changes the context of that game if we have an outlet in the channel

He would have given them something to think about coming off the bench in the last 20 mins or so, but so did Neto in all reality. Still had the same issue though, no goalscoring. Its a drum i've been banging all season, in this system, we need goals from our wide attackers more than assists.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's always "The Missing Man will save us". I really think tonights match was made for Trincao. If only Bruno had played Trincao and Silva up front. :oops:
No matches are made for Trincao, let alone one against a team who will press him ffs.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not proved your point at all. Adama didnt exactly hold up the ball. He lost it just as much as anyone we have. Our ball retention issue came from all over the pitch tonight. Adama wouldnt have changed a thing as we would have still kept conceding possession. What do you really think we were going to do, hoof the ball into the corners all game and hope Adama could keep it there. Come on, you surely arent that stupid.
Adama. Mau not change the result but teams certainly defended differentky.

We could gave won or draw by the team with more momentum did

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've evolved into Brentford , just with better players.
If we continued the last 80 minutes as we did the first 10 , the points would have been ours.

But Wolves being Wolves we knew this was coming, we just can't take that final step when the pressure is on.
No doubt we'll beat the Hammers now.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Disagree about Podence. Thought he was lively and threatening throughout.

Sort of game where Adama would have been a great option though.

Back
Top Bottom