Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't great, weren't terrible. If we had Jiminez of old we'd have probably won that quite comfortably. Just doesn't attack the ball/box the way he used to which is understandable given the injury he sustained. As great as he's been for us, I think a new number 9 should be top of our summer shopping list as I fear he may not ever get back to where he once was.

On a brighter note, really do like the look of Chiquinho. Think he's very much a star in the making.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot score, cannot really create either. Nice on the ball but it is all very square stuff to watch.

Fosun, this is your fault. You let Nuno down. You are now letting Bruno down.

Oh and before someone starts blarting about where we have come from, I am fosun out brigade etc.. What did Jeff and co tell us only 2 years ago? Being the best or something along those lines?
No. He told us we were trying to do things in a different way than simply throwing money at it. That means being creative in player acquisition rather than spending huge fees. Chiquino the latest addition in that regard.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez is finished.
Wouldn't say finished but his game has taken the sting out of our attaching threat. He was the focal point of it and now he's withdrawn from those areas and we don't have much. The Silva argument will rumble on further and he contributes to it so much by his decision making, no real instinct you need as a striker, lovely footballer in the making but not the striker we thought he would be imo

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing looking at the score. Didn't watch the game but don't imagine it was too exciting! Bah. Feels like season petering out. Still better than expected but not as superb as January made it seem

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We deserved to win that. Played plenty of quick forward passes.

Milijas

Reaction score
This game sums up my opinion of wolves in a whole (fans, inflated expectation, jeff, etc.)

Conceding one goal against a genuine top 4 contender. Think we have a right to beat them at home despite missing hwang and neto who lets face it both offer more goals than trincao for sure and probably podence. Cant we just be happy finishing top 10? Every team around us leicester west ham think they will get top 4 but neither will.. if we finish 8th above leicester that is achievement because we are a team that should be between 8th and 12th and that is best case.. Europe? Give up! We dont have the squad, revenue, stadium or any of it.

I'm not whinging as I am happy we are not in bottom half but top 4 will never happen.. and it's not a problem. We have gone from league one to top half prem in a decade, there are massive teams Sunderland, etc that will not achieve that.

Accept what we have and stop dreaming.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lack cutting edge, if we are as bad as the reaction on here implies what does that say about the league.

And by the way read the bl@@dly bus lane restriction signs and we would all get home sooner!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An exercise in futility. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over. Not working? Keep doing it. Red card and sudden advantage? Keep doing it, just a bit quicker. Still not working? Well... keep doing it... because... um?

Heading through January we had belief, momentum, team spirit. Nowhere near perfect, but there was purpose there.

We loaned out Traore and made no effort to add something new to the team. Less a pin in the balloon and more of a kitchen knife. Pop. Momentum wiped out.

That game tonight was there for the taking, we had possession and crowd swell and Arsenal were on their ****ing knees, but we had NO way of changing the game, no guile, no options.

What a bloody waste.

T

TheConcourse

Another absolutely rank average performance. We could’ve played for another hour and not scored. No quality at all.

Comes to something when you’re missing your 35 year old midfielder. Dendoncker needs moving on, complete waste of a shirt.

Who’d have predicted that we’d struggle if we lost a midfielder. Oh yeah, everyone with half a brain. Well done Fosun, chickens coming home to roost.
BuT fAnS kNoW nOtHiNg AbOuT tHe GaMe.

Can’t say I’m overly excited about Cundle if he can’t get in ahead of Dendoncker.
This game sums up my opinion of wolves in a whole (fans, inflated expectation, jeff, etc.)

Conceding one goal against a genuine top 4 contender. Think we have a right to beat them at home despite missing hwang and neto who lets face it both offer more goals than trincao for sure and probably podence. Cant we just be happy finishing top 10? Every team around us leicester west ham think they will get top 4 but neither will.. if we finish 8th above leicester that is achievement because we are a team that should be between 8th and 12th and that is best case.. Europe? Give up! We dont have the squad, revenue, stadium or any of it.

I'm not whinging as I am happy we are not in bottom half but top 4 will never happen.. and it's not a problem. We have gone from league one to top half prem in a decade, there are massive teams Sunderland, etc that will not achieve that.

Accept what we have and stop dreaming.
So the football landscape should never change?

Reactions: Ian

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An exercise in futility. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over. Not working? Keep doing it. Red card and sudden advantage? Keep doing it, just a bit quicker. Still not working? Well... keep doing it... because... um?

Heading through January we had belief, momentum, team spirit. Nowhere near perfect, but there was purpose there.

We loaned out Traore and made no effort to add something new to the team. Less a pin in the balloon and more of a kitchen knife. Pop. Momentum wiped out.

That game tonight was there for the taking, we had possession and crowd swell and Arsenal were on their ****ing knees, but we had NO way of changing the game, no guile, no options.

What a bloody waste.
Absolutely summed up my thoughts and how I feel.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Tottenham, United, Liverpool and arsenal, 4x 0-1 home defeats against 4 champions league challengers, on the face of it looks not far away, reality is we’ve regressed. I think Bruno changes the mindset and way we play for each team, he’s doing a decent job with a threadbare squad.
Is it not now time to go back to the way we started playing this season? We aren’t creating proper chances, defence has performed well but we were undone by being asleep when they scored tonight. Raul is still a shadow of himself.
Verdict, draw would have been fair
Positive, chiquino I thought did well and got stuck in.
Negative, lack of creativity and donkey

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Neves played well. Semedo had a decent game. Jonny was back on the bench. Struggling for any other positives. Once again, limited options from the bench after, so obviously, shooting ourselves in the foot in January.

Podence and Trincao look lightweight and get shrugged off the ball too easily. Rewind 2 years and we had Jota and Traore doing their stuff with Neto on the bench - night and day in comparison both in terms of physicality and ball-carrying / counter-attacking ability. I know who EPL defenders would prefer to face.

Jimenez was isolated tonight but, even taking that into account, it was a disappointing performance. He looks like he’s lost his mojo. Hwang can’t come back soon enough. Raul needs someone to work off and needs a goal to restore his confidence.

We head to Tottenham away but with probably a weaker squad than any of the last three visits. Watching the highlights of the 3-2 win a few years back shows what we’re currently missing.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve been nice to see a goal in my two games at Molineux but at least one of the sellouts had a great atmosphere. The most Wolves vacation ever. I’ll be going to Molineux again tomorrow for a tour, I’ll have to see a goal in the museum or put one in myself.

Milijas

Reaction score

Can’t say I’m overly excited about Cundle if he can’t get in ahead of Dendoncker.

Oh it will.. with Newcastle!
Massive stadium, revenue and the one thing we lack.. AMBITION!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Words can't express my fury this evening. Our complete ineptitude at being able to create even one real goalscoring chance, the cheating and gamesmanship of the opponents. Perhaps the way the commentators laugh off time wasting as "part of the game".
The way the referee let 2 or 3 of their players off the hook with bookings before deciding to get his cards out.
To quote Tom Ross, the games gone.
I do t think Lacazette was booked at all. He could have had any number of yellows, possibly up to 5. Definitely not 0 though.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Shoulda woulda coulda

Yes it would be good if it did but what would it take to make that happen? We think it’s about sport but really it’s about money and Wolves will never have the money to become a top four side however much you want to moan about FOSUN not investing or whatever, we are just not a club with that level of support to generate those sorts of incomes and therefore we can’t buy the kind of players that top 4 sides can.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Age old problem once a team sits back we struggle to break them down.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frustrating night, looks like VAR have let us down as Sa was kicked by Lacazette but we deserved to lose by a goal on the balance of chances in my opinion.

We didn't do enough to create chances. We didn't have a Plan B in the box so Rob Holding could head everything away, even a Kieffer Moore type would've been useful but no.

The midfield lacked creativity and quite why we've kept Cundle is a mystery because if he can't play in these last two games then he's clearly nowhere near ready now.

We are a striker and a midfielder short, perhaps a winger as well.

If we had two or three good options, we would have created a few more chances tonight and probably got a draw. If we had those players we would have probably beat Norwich.

We have one of the weakest squads in the league and it's cost us.

European football was a possibility and not only did they not strengthen, they made us worse. It's hard to fathom. What a waste. What a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game that probably should have ended 0-0. Dull all round, Arsenal got the bit of luck, we didn't. Neither side looked like scoring being honest.
Suppose it's a sign of both our progress and their regression that they were time wasting throughout and it was such an even game.
Wengers good sides would have won by 3 or 4 tonight I suspect

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No creativity in midfield plain as the nose on your face, someone who can carry the ball and we win that game easily.
Never mind, it will only cost £600 minimum to get in next season

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even more frustrating that we have a couple of players at least, who create and score, albeit at lower levels, who are never given a chance,

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle supposedly a trusted member of the first team squad now. Is he? If so how is Dendoncker playing ahead of him? A simply dreadful performance yet again by him. He hasnt had a decent game in nearly 2 years now. That central midfield depth a lot of us were worrying about has come back to bite us squarely on the ****. Cheers for that Shi and Fosun.

As for our attack. One of the worst in the league stat wise and you can see why after tonight's game and the Norwich game. Just total power puff with zero conviction. Again where is the real investment in this area of the squad now that Adama has gone and Raul is struggling and Trincao and Fabio looking like they wouldnt score against Rhyl at present.

So disappointing and what could have been if our owners had backed our head coach properly.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very frustrating game and I think 0-0 would have been a fairer score line.
Very poor uncharacteristic defending for their goal and we failed to create any clear cut opportunities.
Most crosses weren’t great, but thought Neves put a couple of good ones in and Podence put a good cross on Donk’s head too.
The link up between Fabio and Podence near the end was excellent, but really not sure why Fabio chose not to shoot.
Felt for Raul to be honest as he was often a lone presence in the box, but we definitely miss that player who runs beyond him when he drops deep. The way he hooked that ball back across the box was excellent, but he really needs a goal again for his confidence I feel.
Same can be said for Trincao who showed excellent skill to manufacture space for a couple of crosses, but then sadly overhit them both badly.
Really not sure Traore would have made much difference tonight with Arsenal encouraging us to play on the wings, but I think it is fair to say we are all frustrated that we let him go last month with no replacement brought in so are undeniably weaker as a result.
One thing for certain is that Arteta has spent time working on the cynical fouls.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the penetration of a eunuch in a harem. All the strike power of a box of wet matches.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies not read any of the posts to get a balanced verdict on the game rather than just my own
But this is my simple verdict
If Dendocker never played for us again I would be very happy, he offers IMO nothing, Neves was outstanding again tonight considering he was on his own battling against 3 Arsenal midfielders, he must shattered doing his and Dendocker’s work, God Bless you Ruben
Trincao still not convinced, he can weave in and out close ball control but his final ball right now is shocking.
Raul, love the guy to bits but he really is not the player he was pre injury and that hurts me to say that
Everyone else average to good and would have been good enough to beat that Arsenal team comfortably if we replaced Dendocker, Trincao and I hate to say this but Raul( hate myself for saying
Raul)
Above all please please do not play Dendocker on Sunday

Last edited:

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed to resort to hopelessly banging the ball in the box even first half. Tactically strange as Bruno could have changed that at half time yet second half we came out and did it more.

I have more chance of scoring a header from the South Bank than Dendoncker.

No midfield again, the same as for three seasons. Odegaard showed what we are missing.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve been nice to see a goal in my two games at Molineux but at least one of the sellouts had a great atmosphere. The most Wolves vacation ever. I’ll be going to Molineux again tomorrow for a tour, I’ll have to see a goal in the museum or put one in myself.
Bloody jinx, lol.... Think that you better stay across the pond....

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Username checks out

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two sides that didn't want to lose and Arsenal won the fight.

It's all been said already, just a lot of huff and puff, no real incisive play, think like on Saturday that maybe Silva should have pulled the trigger rather than try to pass but couldn't tell how tight the angle was today from where I sit. But if that was our main threat over the course of the match it shows how unlikely we were to score

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shoot.

I want to talk about football first and where it’s heading. This term, game management, slowly started to creep into the game and basically started masquerading as cheating.

Arsenal were masters of the dark arts, stopping the game at such regular intervals, buying moments and managing this thing out. I genuinely hate what football has become. We’ve been guilty too btw.

Sa: nothing to do.

Kilman: really sloppy in the first half. 5
Coady: 6
Saiss: 6
Semedo: 7
Marcal: ineffective. 5.

Neves: 6
Donk: I no longer have words. 3

Podence: 6
Jimenez: 5
Trincao: 4

A bad night at the office.

I think Donk is still out there, chasing some passes from the first half

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Donk was definitely guilty of a lack of movement , didn’t move to show for the ball in key moments deep in pitch to help team mates, trincao the same in attacking plays higher up, I hate that sauntering style jog.
Raul has still got his touch but needs to get rid of that pillow on his head you don’t score with ‘cushioned’ headers. !
Chinquino has to find his confidence same thing as MGW.
Right to take coady off might aswell develop his position to be dynamic, sweeper to dmc depending on the game.
Otherwise we were ok, we were unlucky arsenal got their goal by slight chance and defended it the same way we would.
Reg’ mattinelli red, Arsenal fans on radio saying how was he to know he was on a yellow for second foul or the ball wasn’t in play for first yellow, if you get a yellow you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing, no excuses, I hate the ‘tactical’ yellow - it shouldn’t be part of the game, but him off probably made the game harder for us.

Back
Top Bottom