Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict.

HiHo

Reaction score
Tactics: Counter at pace with no support. Hold ball up:
Option 1: Wait for Raul for to get into box, whip in cross despite being him outnumbered.
Option 2: Wait for entirety of both teams to get back, play is sideways for a bit then either try and play it through congested box, or whip in cross to congested box.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactics: Counter at pace with no support. Hold ball up:
Option 1: Wait for Raul for to get into box, whip in cross despite being him outnumbered.
Option 2: Wait for entirety of both teams to get back, play is sideways for a bit then either try and play it through congested box, or whip in cross to congested box.
Option 2 is our default. We move the ball so bloody slowly.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was very even game
We played some very nice football up to the final third ,then ran out of ideas or just lumped in the box with no one there
I still think a lot of refs would have given a foul on the keeper for their goal,but thats football
Arsenal just packed their final third for last 20 minutes, and we had very few ideas as to how to break them down
Draw probably fair, but cant complain at losing when you dont create anything
We move on, more like this to come im sure,and mid table is about right for where we are as a squad

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. He told us we were trying to do things in a different way than simply throwing money at it. That means being creative in player acquisition rather than spending huge fees. Chiquino the latest addition in that regard.
Then spend that money wisely . Silva ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is like last night I just knew we hadnt got many if any goals in us. Most games we play now I just look at the team and think, where are the goals coming from today. It is quite disheartening.

Even though we are 8th, largely down to our defence and organisation, I find watching us highly frustrating. We seem to have a load of players who have zero composure or bottle in front of goal and players that arent willing or dont get into the opponents box to attack corners, crosses or set pieces.

It seems to happen every game. Yes we had a decent run and scored goals at Brentford and at home to Southampton but by and large I watch other Premier League sides, including quite a few below us and think why cant we attack like that? Why dont we score as many goals or create as many good chances. Why dont we get as many players attacking corners and set pieces as other sides?

It is a happy medium and I appreciate our defending is very good but surely we have to start scoring more goals or it will get us absolutely nowhere.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comments fron **** fans I know.

Trincao isn't very good. Marcal is rubbish and we should have played RAN. Doncks is a donkey.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting how you've just started another thread praising Fosun/Shi's purchase of Neves, Moutinho, Raul and Patricio, and also mentioning Jose Sa. You say we're "lucky" to have these players.

No, luck doesn't come into it. It was wise spending allied to the use of a top agent to help. If I'm right, Fosun bought these four for a total of £65.7m (Transfermkt) - and recouped when selling Rui, getting arguably a better keeper for a lower fee. £60m or so for Raul, Sa, Mouts and Neves. That's decent business in my book.

We all agree that (a) Silva is a gamble - though to draw conclusions as to his future value when he isn't even 20 is daft in my opinion - and (b) we'd all like the spending to continue though we suspect it won't.

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were ok overall last night but for the final third.

Doncks was anything but ok, he was abysmal. As for his heading, jesus wept. He's gone so far backwards as a player since he joined. He used to provide good protection, neat if simple passes, and chip in. Now he's behind play, out of position, can't control a ball or shoot for toffee. Hopeless. Saiss would be a better option tbh.

Two games with doncks, two losses, and two utterly inept performances from him. Has to give cundle a go otherwise what kind of message is it sending. Dendoncker has been garbage all season.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to have a go at any of our players but we are carrying a lame duck, in the shape of Donk.

Needs dumping and Cundle given a chance.

With Donk in the side, we are effectively playing with 10 men.

Hey Ho!!

Bring on Spurs, The Hammers and Arsenal again.

geowolf

Reaction score
Such an important match. Both sides very edgy – always likely to be decided by a single scrappy goal. We were competitive throughout and could have won. Effort and commitment fine but lack of a cutting edge kills us. Still poor against the high press – come on Bruno, some better training drills please. Obviously need Trincao/Raul/Pod to step up a level for Spurs. Day of recovery today then down to London tomorrow – probably the same for the players! Still upbeat – we need 12 points from the 6 games Arsenal(H)>Palace(H) to stay challenging in the ‘gang of 5’ and that’s do-able. Wim a very good side and results will come. ps surprised Donck’s coming in for so much flak – thought he was ok last night.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not the system, it's the players. Since our second season peak we've either sold/loaned (Jota, Traore, Doc, Bennett) or had long term injuries (Raul, Neto, Johnny, to an extent Boly) to key players and simply haven't replaced them. The miracle really is that we're not in a relegation dog fight.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting how you've just started another thread praising Fosun/Shi's purchase of Neves, Moutinho, Raul and Patricio, and also mentioning Jose Sa. You say we're "lucky" to have these players.

No, luck doesn't come into it. It was wise spending allied to the use of a top agent to help. If I'm right, Fosun bought these four for a total of £65.7m (Transfermkt) - and recouped when selling Rui, getting arguably a better keeper for a lower fee. £60m or so for Raul, Sa, Mouts and Neves. That's decent business in my book.

We all agree that (a) Silva is a gamble - though to draw conclusions as to his future value when he isn't even 20 is daft in my opinion - and (b) we'd all like the spending to continue though we suspect it won't.
I dont reckon Shi had much to do with signing any of those 5 players. Obviously not Coady but the Portuguese players were targeted when Mendes and the Fosun Chairman were planning our purchase and the employment of Lopetegui .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know that neto and podence have got goals and assists in them.

If you look at the neto youtube reel from last year he also links up well with fabio. What i am saying is that there is hope.

If we get the braga trincao we will be okay.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone ever used the highlights feature on the Wolves website where you can pick specific players?

I picked all the options for Dendoncker and it was 9 minutes 30 seconds long. Nothing special from him, but he kept the ball moving, blocked a couple of Arsenal shots, and of course his three headers on goal.

Jimenez had a total of 47 seconds which consisted of his long-range free-kick effort in the first half and that's it.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regret to write that my reasoning has become very negative. Once we go behind, I cannot see who is going to get us the equaliser. Hope I am wrong.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know someone who has been to 5 games this season and seen 5 defeats and no Wolves goals

Spurs 0-1
Man United 0-2
Brentford 0-1
Liverpool 0-1
Arsenal 0-1

Encouraging him to stay away for the rest of the season.
Im pretty close to that…. Ive been to 5 games this season…

Betis (L 0-1)
Spurs (L 0-1)
Brentford (L 0-2)
Burnley (D 0-0)
Arsenal (L 0-1)

so ive seen us get 1 point, and score zero goals.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were ok overall last night but for the final third.

Doncks was anything but ok, he was abysmal. As for his heading, jesus wept. He's gone so far backwards as a player since he joined. He used to provide good protection, neat if simple passes, and chip in. Now he's behind play, out of position, can't control a ball or shoot for toffee. Hopeless. Saiss would be a better option tbh.

Two games with doncks, two losses, and two utterly inept performances from him. Has to give cundle a go otherwise what kind of message is it sending. Dendoncker has been garbage all season.
3 games with Donck, 2 losses. He hasn't been good in the last 2.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I.M.O. Sa was impeded for Arsenal's goal. Such a totally undeserved, scrappy affair .

We had the misfortune of having a goal bound strike, cleared off the line, in 2nd half.

Our approach play was good, with some excellent crosses, just begging to be smashed into the roof of the net.

I definitely like the look of Chiquinho, who should start on Sunday. Tito to come back in, along with Donc, who should be sidelined, before he can inflict any irreversible damage.

(Reflects back to FA Cup semi final v Watford.
What an unnecessary FK to give away! Donk you were a plonker BIGTIME.)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He said spend the money "differently", not "wisely". Blowing several years transfer budget on a totally unproven risk is definitely "different".

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont reckon Shi had much to do with signing any of those 5 players. Obviously not Coady but the Portuguese players were targeted when Mendes and the Fosun Chairman were planning our purchase and the employment of Lopetegui .
So Shi was not involved with the players you rate and was solely responsible for the players who haven't worked out. Hilarious.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Marcal and Donk would walk into their ****-show team any day of the week.
Donk would probably get lost and end up in Glasgow and Marcal would get injured before he got out the door.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know someone who has been to 5 games this season and seen 5 defeats and no Wolves goals

Spurs 0-1
Man United 0-2
Brentford 0-1
Liverpool 0-1
Arsenal 0-1

A friend of mine hasnt seen a goal since Newcastle.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Final ball and a lack of creativity around the box meant we lacked that all important goal. We put the ball in numerous times but nothing quite fell to us for that good opportunity. Overall it was a game of half chances for us where we never quite capitalised on our second half advantage.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Marcal and Donk would walk into their ****-show team any day of the week.

Well Donk certainly wouldn’t run into it, and if Marcal did run he’d only get there slightly faster than if he walked

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Shi was not involved with the players you rate and was solely responsible for the players who haven't worked out. Hilarious.
Try doing some research , you may then see deeper . The project started almost 10 years ago with a search for a club by Fosun. That could have been any undervalued club from The Championship with history .
Thats why most of our early purchases were part of a grand well thought out plan. Well before Shi's arrival in Wolverhampton.
The latter signings are after the busy protagonists moved on to other things .
But you just carrying on playing the man not the ball.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has said he wants a target man signed. I expect us to do that over the summer and to continue to put crosses into the box as a long term game plan. I'm assuming he's giving up on the Bruno-ball we saw earlier in the season due to the realisation we don't have the budget to make it happen.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im pretty close to that…. Ive been to 5 games this season…

Betis (L 0-1)
Spurs (L 0-1)
Brentford (L 0-2)
Burnley (D 0-0)
Arsenal (L 0-1)

so ive seen us get 1 point, and score zero goals.
Ok I don’t feel bad anymore. But the fact that I thought last night’s atmosphere was great says a lot about Saturday’s.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has said he wants a target man signed. I expect us to do that over the summer and to continue to put crosses into the box as a long term game plan. I'm assuming he's giving up on the Bruno-ball we saw earlier in the season due to the realisation we don't have the budget to make it happen.
Andy Carroll it is then......

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A frustrating and disappointing game.

It certainly doesn’t help that we lost ... but the cheating and time wasting from Arsenal (‘game management’ my ass) combined with some very weak refereeing that allowed them to get away with it from minute 1, made for a very poor spectacle.

Don’t get me wrong, we didn't play well, but if this recent trend to ‘manage games’ continues arm in arm with the abomination that is VAR then the beautiful game is in grave danger.

Special shout out for Podence. Last night’s dive was a real beauty.

Last edited:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If so, there was no point sacking Nuno.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If so, there was no point sacking Nuno.

I think the club probably needed a change, look how much better the same players have looked this season compared to last, especially defensively. But yeah, I don't see the point of all this if you aren't going to back the new manager with the players he wants so that he can play the style he wants.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs 0-1
Man United 0-2
Brentford 0-1
Liverpool 0-1
Arsenal 0-1

Blimey, 0-2 against Yanited?! I was there but must have missed their 2ndgoal

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Idiotic post.
It doesn't agree with your views so you claim that it's idiotic.... Yet you've moaned like hell when people made similar comments about some of your posts. Double standards huh....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't agree with your views so you claim that it's idiotic.... Yet you've moaned like hell when people made similar comments about some of your posts. Double standards huh....
Absolutely no issue with people having different opinions just thought the phrase “entitled brigade” was ridiculous.
I’m not sure how you can say people “want it all now” when the main issue seems to be people think we are short in midfield. We clearly where the other night and probably will be on Sunday. We havnt signed a midfielder for four years. Is it really so much to ask that a glaring weakness in the squad is addressed??
As for your “first to moan when asked to put their hands in their pockets” remark, are people just expected to swallow massive rises? Already gone from £340 to £550 for me, all why I’m told the club shouldn’t spend money.

Back
Top Bottom