Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict.

T

TheConcourse

Shoot.

I want to talk about football first and where it’s heading. This term, game management, slowly started to creep into the game and basically started masquerading as cheating.

Arsenal were masters of the dark arts, stopping the game at such regular intervals, buying moments and managing this thing out. I genuinely hate what football has become. We’ve been guilty too btw.

Sa: nothing to do.

Kilman: really sloppy in the first half. 5
Coady: 6
Saiss: 6
Semedo: 7
Marcal: ineffective. 5.

Neves: 6
Donk: I no longer have words. 3

Podence: 6
Jimenez: 5
Trincao: 4

A bad night at the office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another absolutely rank average performance. We could’ve played for another hour and not scored. No quality at all.

Comes to something when you’re missing your 35 year old midfielder. Dendoncker needs moving on, complete waste of a shirt.

Who’d have predicted that we’d struggle if we lost a midfielder. Oh yeah, everyone with half a brain. Well done Fosun, chickens coming home to roost.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We weren't that bad even before red but absolutely no threat.

Sa bit of a mistake for the goal but not a massive rick

Trincao made some nice runs but his final ball is woeful and overall he offers very little.

Podence created a bit first half but not much in second.

Neves barely created anything with absolutely **** loads of ball. Donk did nothing.

Semedo was very good as usual. Marcal was an idiotic selection although RAN was poor when he came on.

Saiss/Kilman looked very shaky before the red card.

Raul was atrocious most of game. Has absolutely no confidence anymore. Ball came all the way through to him and he froze and sort of chested it.

We don't move the ball quick enough in the midfield and our attackers are not good enough to link up and create. We are also a painfully slow side.

New lad looked bright when he came on. Would start him next game

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

If only Fabio had…

Thought we played ok overall but conceded a shocking goal and then lacked a little bit of quality (and yes, pace) in the final third.

Thought Semedo was our best player again. Saiss and Kilman uncharacteristically shaky and sloppy in possession and unfortunately Raul is going through a rough patch.

Fine margins but this week, on the back of a poor transfer window, has been a bit of a ****ter.

Sa 5
Saiss 5
Coady 6
Kilman 6
Semedo 7
Neves 6
Dendoncker 5
Marcal 6
Podence 6
Raul 5
Trincao 6

Chiquinho 6
RAN 6
Fabio 6

Still plenty to play for but can’t help but think we’re going to look back at this year as a real missed opportunity.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Midfield and defence mostly good. Front 3, flattered to deceive.
Loads of **** crosses. But that's okay, we'll just drop traore; we always play better without him.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Shoot.

I want to talk about football first and where it’s heading. This term, game management, slowly started to creep into the game and basically started masquerading as cheating.

Arsenal were masters of the dark arts, stopping the game at such regular intervals, buying moments and managing this thing out. I genuinely hate what football has become. We’ve been guilty too btw.

Sa: nothing to do.

Kilman: really sloppy in the first half. 5
Coady: 6
Saiss: 6
Semedo: 7
Marcal: ineffective. 5.

Neves: 6
Donk: I no longer have words. 3

Podence: 6
Jimenez: 5
Trincao: 4

A bad night at the office.

Kilman 5
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Semedo 7

Neves 6
Donk 2

Podence 7 (MoM)
Jimenez 3
Trincao 5

Podence was literally everywhere and the only one pulling strings.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Midfield and defence mostly good. Front 3, flattered to deceive.
Loads of **** crosses. But that's okay, we'll just drop traore; we always play better without him.
It's not the position where Traore was that's the problem, it's the central stirker role. Raul drops deep too often and is that a new natural part of his game thats incurred due to the injury? Wanting to be involved to prove he's all good but reducing the area he was devastating in prior to it?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huff and Puff is the best way to describe us going forward at the moment. Just playing percentages with crosses and hoping we can force something rather than create something.

As soon as we started going wide and pumping crosses into the box I knew we weren’t going to get anything.

It was like watching a Mick team tonight at times; all fart and no ****.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only Fabio had…

Thought we played ok overall but conceded a shocking goal and then lacked a little bit of quality (and yes, pace) in the final third.

Thought Semedo was our best player again. Saiss and Kilman uncharacteristically shaky and sloppy in possession and unfortunately Raul is going through a rough patch.

Fine margins but this week, on the back of a poor transfer window, has been a bit of a ****ter.

Sa 5
Saiss 5
Coady 6
Kilman 6
Semedo 7
Neves 6
Dendoncker 5
Marcal 6
Podence 6
Raul 5
Trincao 6

Chiquinho 6
RAN 6
Fabio 6

Still plenty to play for but can’t help but think we’re going to look back at this year as a real missed opportunity.
I would’ve given Dendonker a 3 and Trincao a 4, other than that, it’s on the money.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Words can't express my fury this evening. Our complete ineptitude at being able to create even one real goalscoring chance, the cheating and gamesmanship of the opponents. Perhaps the way the commentators laugh off time wasting as "part of the game".
The way the referee let 2 or 3 of their players off the hook with bookings before deciding to get his cards out.
To quote Tom Ross, the games gone.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not the position where Traore was that's the problem, it's the central stirker role. Raul drops deep too often and is that a new natural part of his game thats incurred due to the injury? Wanting to be involved to prove he's all good but reducing the area he was devastating in prior to it?
Oh no it was. There was some utterly awful balls in to the box today. Apparently that was the most we've ever crossed in a game since we've come up into the premier league.
No quality to any of it though.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here's Ruben's thoughts (although as we are constantly told on here he'll be gone in the Summer so who cares eh?)

"We saw the way they celebrated the win and that shows the level we are. I didn't see Arsenal celebrating like this in the past 10 years - it was like they won the league."

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Words can't express my fury this evening. Our complete ineptitude at being able to create even one real goalscoring chance, the cheating and gamesmanship of the opponents. Perhaps the way the commentators laugh off time wasting as "part of the game".
The way the referee let 2 or 3 of their players off the hook with bookings before deciding to get his cards out.
To quote Tom Ross, the games gone.
We are the last team on the planet who can complain about time wasting.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t usually shout too much at the tv but I lost my temper at some stage in the second half when Raul popped up where Semedo was (I think) for no reason at all. Id rather him occupy the two centre backs and leave room for others.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's Ruben's thoughts (although as we are constantly told on here he'll be gone in the Summer so who cares eh?)

"We saw the way they celebrated the win and that shows the level we are. I didn't see Arsenal celebrating like this in the past 10 years - it was like they won the league."
That sounds bitter.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Wish he hadn't said that, sour grapes.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Disappointment aplenty but doom and gloom is OTT. I’ve said many times that we lack craft in the final third, by which I mean movement and a runner(s) making the spare man..which means that Neves and others have to delay a pass for one or two seconds and options are lost and we have to recycle. It’s also a factor in not getting shots away such that we have to go for hopeful crosses to players who never quire get there. A bit unlucky to lose but not quite good enough to draw tonight unfortunately…

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah Ruben, why say that?!!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo and chichinho were very good the rest were poor.

Just no Aggression in any other department other than cb

the front 3 are a waist of time and space. powder puff lightweight and just 0 quality

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was rather a return to the opening 3 games. A lot of flapping around in the proximity of the opposition's area but never the clever pass nor the ruthlessness to score a goal. At the other end we gifted them a goal you would expect to see in the lower leagues.

A depressing return to being the "plucky" losers, and that in a game we so wanted to see our ruthlessness and skill decide in our favour. Trincao in particular is simply too timid for such occasions, and perhaps for such a rough and tumble league in general.

Last edited:

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
STILLl 8th and no ground lost to those around us
STILL 16 games left, so we'restill in witha shout!
Get Tito back in, along with Hwang Sod Donk off. Trincao was OK. Semedo also good. Saiss poor. Jammy.goal for them. We scored but off side and had one cleared off line. Like the look of Chiquinho, who shouldstart next game. We'llprobablybeat Spurs and Arsenalat their places.

WolvesONLYWolves!.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot score, cannot really create either. Nice on the ball but it is all very square stuff to watch.

Fosun, this is your fault. You let Nuno down. You are now letting Bruno down.

Oh and before someone starts blarting about where we have come from, I am fosun out brigade etc.. What did Jeff and co tell us only 2 years ago? Being the best or something along those lines?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I swear the second half of games now when there is a goal in it, is just 45mins of timewasting. There isnt one club that doesnt do it. When did this become so prevalent? Weak as **** referees has allowed this to fester. Football is getting a bit boring just in general aint it. Not the same intensity and shine it used to have.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves did everything he could to get us going but the lack of movement in the center upfront is really hurting. We will score more goals when we get more players in the box. Currently we break and then stop the ball allowing the defence to get back and be organised. Raul is hoping for a lucky break when that happens rather than have our creative players give him any real service.

We played OK but I was concerned by the room allowed to Odegaard in the first half as he took up some really good positions. Arsenal defended superbly all night, the same couldn't be said for us and that was illustrated by their goal. Poor from all involved.

So we move on. More experience for our younger players, signs we are building a tam around Neves and one day it will all click and we will start scoring goals and winning more games. Lots to be encouraged about.

Back
Top Bottom