Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal prediction thread.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well,

Every year in the prem we've given a few big teams a trimming up

Its time to start this year

Wolves 1 - Arsenal 0

Arsenal own goal to us and them to finish with 9 men

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's just get into them....a wounded Wolf is the most dangerous.....let's just be proud on the day.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be very embarrassing indeed. If Arsenal are to coin a phrase 'on it' we could be looking at the heaviest defeat in a long time. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to score 6.7 or even 8 goals if Van Persie, Chamberlain and the rest of them feel like playing to their full potential.

Wolves 1 - 7 Arsenal

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal will score 5

We'll score three - two of which will be between now and the end of the season. The other will be in a pre-season friendly....

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If was Terry Connor, I'd look back across the whole season and looked what formations we've played:

4-4-2 - hasn't really worked.
4-5-1 - hasn't really worked.
4-3-3 - hasn't really worked.

So I'd try 3-5-2 instead. By only having a back three instead of a back four, hoefully it'll mean less defenders getting in the way of each other, less clumsy mistakes - and hopefully less goals conceded.

By having 5 in midfield, it will allow Kightly and Jarvis to create chances from the wings, we can play David and Henry to add some defensive covered from midfield, and then we can play someone in the middle that can create something - Milijas perhaps.

Kightly and SEB up front.

I'd go with:

-----Hennessey-----
Stearman----Berra-----Bassong
Kightly-----Henry-----Milijas-----Davis-----Jarvis
-----Ebanks-Blake-----Fletcher

Even if we still leak our usual load of goals with three at the back, hopefully the 5 man midfield and 2 strikers might help get the extra goals we need to cancel them out and help grab a win or draw.

It'll never happen under Connor, but surely if the same formations are being used, with the same players, then changes need to be made - so why not try the above.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wolves 1-1 Arsenal

A battling point prompting us all to ask why we couldn't have displayed the same commitment and ability in the games that really mattered.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-0. It starts here. You wouldn't think our relegation would be so simple, did you?

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I fear we might loose this one.

Thankfully its Mrs Tettenhall's birthday today, so we will be out on the $$$$ around Tettenhall/Compton. I don't think I'll miss nt going tonight.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 0 - 1 Arsenal - papering over the cracks.

Otherwise 0-3 at half time before Arsenal shift from 3rd into 2nd and cruise to a 4-0 victory :(

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that just before kick off they announced that Dave Jones had taken over as manager until the end of the season.
We went on to lose 6-0 but for the whole game the south bank were singing 'Dave jones's gold and black army'.

So I predict that to happen.

H

Hatch End

I think that they'll feel sorry for us and stop trying once they are five goals to the good.
The last eighty minutes they'll just pass the ball around amongst themselves!

B

Big George

Should of been called the Van Persie thread.

4-0 to the $$$$...

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the many, many disappointing seasons following Wolves there is always at least one last false dawn around April time giving you that last glimmer of hope before the inevitable crushing despair.

So on that note:

Wolves 1 Arsenal 0

Then a nobbing at Sunderland on the weekend to bring us back to earth.

E

Essex Wolf

In the many, many disappointing seasons following Wolves there is always at least one last false dawn around April time giving you that last glimmer of hope before the inevitable crushing despair.

So on that note:

Wolves 1 Arsenal 0

Then a nobbing at Sunderland on the weekend to bring us back to earth.

BILD, I know you are joking now. Wolves to keep a clean sheet meaning Arsenal not to score. Come on BILD now stop the jokes this early in the day.:D

E

Essex Wolf

Going to revise that to a 2-1 win. I think our 'decent' players (Jarvis, Kightly, Fletcher...) will be putting themselves in the shop window! :D

That will make Morgan and Moxey very happy if they could increase their sell on values.

B

Brandons gramps

Party atmosphere

Arsenal win 7-0 with Wolves fans singing:
- we're gonna score 1,2,3,4,5... as required
- boring boring Arsenal
- TC TC give us a wave
- Wayno Wayno

and shouting shooooooot anytime we pass the halfway line.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Humiliation - again. Does it matter if it is 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7?

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0-4

Arsenal to be 3-0 up by half-time. Wenger to withdraw his star players early in the second half to save them for the run in, we're still thoroughly outplayed but without RVP on the pitch they fail to convert their numerous chances, only scoring from a dubious penalty after having a good claim ourselves turned down.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0-4

Kept at 0-0 for 25 mins, everyone thinking "we've done okay here" then a goal from RVP and the confidence visibly disappears.

J

JR's Boots

Walcott can't believe his luck as Wolves select to play without a proper LB again. The other 3 defenders will plough their own furrow and only meet up before kick off and in the pub afterwards. The PL's worst central midfield of Henry and Edwards will plod around. Connor will stand gormlessly on the sidelines and irrespective of how the game is going send on Milijas and ANOther with 7 minutes to go. The crowd will veer between apathy, anger and mockery before exiting with 20 minutes to go.

The Hollow Sham that was once Wolves 0 - 2nd gear away team 4.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not normally participate in these prediction threads, but for once, I am putting my prediction. A 1-1 draw.

A

andyc225

I predict that Kightly will score another storming goal, then we'll concede at least 2.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 1 Arsenal 0. With no finger nails left at the end.

D

Denmead Wolf

I hate to say it but the following will happen:

1) We will lose
2) We will concede at least 3

And if the following happens:

3) We score a late consolation to make it 1-3 / 1-4

Then the following will DEFINTELY happen:

4) They will play $$$$ing goal music!

Back
Top Bottom