Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (A) Pre-Match Thread!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finishing work soon, home for some lunch and quick change then heading over Finsbury Park way. Cannot wait. Very nervous already mind, and have been since I woke up this morning!
Drinking near Swiss Cottage myself, right at the old haunt. So goooooood.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think they outplayed us at the Molineux until Martinelli was stupidly sent off. But we're better away. Very tough game, a draw would be a very good result......
Was going to the original fixture, gutted I can't make this one.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am going to repeat my old mantra and say I am worried about this one. I said this before the Leicester and Spurs games too, I hope that we can stop Arsenals winning streak but think they will be as fired up for this (after Neves's words) as we will.

Would not bet against Neves picking up his 10th caution tonight.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am going to repeat my old mantra and say I am worried about this one. I said this before the Leicester and Spurs games too, I hope that we can stop Arsenals winning streak but think they will be as fired up for this (after Neves's words) as we will.

Would not bet against Neves picking up his 10th caution tonight.
What did Neves say?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really nervous about today. Such a massive game.

It’s not must win but it’s a must not lose if we want top 4.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did Neves say?
He said he hadn't seen Arsenal celebrate a win like that in 10 years....like they had won the Champions League or something. I think he meant it as a measure of how far Wolves have come.....they've taken it as him calling them small time.....

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He said he hadn't seen Arsenal celebrate a win like that in 10 years....like they had won the Champions League or something. I think he meant it as a measure of how far Wolves have come.....they've taken it as him calling them small time.....
Manufactured outrage by the Arsenal fans as usual. They turn every comment into a huge slight against them and then it's amplified by social media and the click bait press.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if Max isnt involved tonight.

I hope some of those going though will have Ukraine flags to support him (and if Fosun have any issues they can do one!)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manufactured outrage by the Arsenal fans as usual. They turn every comment into a huge slight against them and then it's amplified by social media and the click bait press.
What club would act that way ?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2 of the form teams in the league so expecting a close game. First goal absolutely crucial in this one as both have good defences and the lets say "Game management" that both teams employ towards the end of the match will mean you want to be the team ahead. A draw away at Arsenal a very good result in my eyes.

Reactions: LW1

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must not not not loose tonight, Arsenal will be in the home straight for 4th if we do.
I'd be tempted to put Jimenez on the bench , A) he's not been playing well , and B) its not going to be easy playing there again after what happened.
Start with hwang and podence up front

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice sunny day in London, we're just about to start our pub crawl!!

Come on me babbies

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up at about 4am thinking about this game. Go 352 again and harass them and win the midfield battle.

Nick it with a nice long ranger!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finishing work soon, home for some lunch and quick change then heading over Finsbury Park way. Cannot wait. Very nervous already mind, and have been since I woke up this morning!

From Kings Cross what’s the best tube to the ground , arriving from Peterborough at 6.30 thanks

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Kings Cross what’s the best tube to the ground , arriving from Peterborough at 6.30 thanks
Having lived in Islington since 1990 this l can definitely answer.

Victoria line (light blue on the maps) to Highbury & Islington or Finsbury Park - about 10-15min walk from either.

Piccadilly line (purple) to Arsenal (or Finsbury Park) about 10 min walk but slightly less frequent and slower.

Both Holloway Road and Drayton Park stations are effectively closed during games.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also want to know. Away pub is shut.
Where we headed? Finsbury? Camden?
Most boozers in Highbury and Holloway are home fans only. You might be ok on Finsbury Park (not in colours). Camden or Hackney are plausible.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given some people on here got upset over an article with the title "Wolves are on the brink of something special" this week, I wouldn't say that's a uniquely Arenalian trait!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Faltering fullback (Finsbury) is good, great beer garden!!!!
Best pub in the area and a great place to drink if you’re not wearing colours, not in a big group, don’t want to sing Wolves songs, etc, etc. It’s where I’m heading.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No pressure on Wolves going into this game. We’re already throwing punches against the heavyweights. I think we will do well here I’m going 1-2 Wolves. Neves will rattle a few in!! Not nervous, no expectation here just hope we do well. Game by game we are proving everyone wrong. Getting better and better, up the Wolves!!

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it's been 28 games since we kept a clean sheet against Arsenal! That must go way back to the early 70's. A 0-0 is long overdue.

Back
Top Bottom