Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1645687344985.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again! After a great win (if not great performance) the weekend, Bruno’s boys are back at it. The first of two trips to London in 4 days, and let’s hope memories of a great win at Spurs are still fresh in the players heads.

This is one of catch up games from Xmas so it’s going to be quite important in showing us where we really are league wise. There are so many teams with 1,2,3 games in hand on others that the table is impossible to properly judge. Ive heard a lot of “if they win their games in hand” etc and although thats ok having games in hand and actually winning them is two different things. Let’s hope we can win tonight though!

It’s a tough one today we saw how Arsenal can pull out a result the other week. There was literally nothing in the game at Molineux the other week so we can be confident to go into the game with a chance of a result, but we’ll need to play well and we’ll need to improve on Sunday’s performance especially off the ball with the talent Arsenal have in attacking positions.

In terms of team news it will be interesting to see what Bruno does here. For the first time in what feels like forever we have 4 or 5 bench options to bring in without weakening the team. With another massive game on Sunday will he rotate slightly? Or will he go as strong as he can tonight and see what the situation is on Sunday?

Whether you’re following the game from London, the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads must be confident and be in great spirits so I think they’ll win. With Spurs loss today, this is a great chance to validate our hope of Europe next season.
Focus will be on Neto if he plays. Somehow, I’d love to see him and Podence play together.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 26965

Here we go again! After a great win (if not great performance) the weekend, Bruno’s boys are back at it. The first of two trips to London in 4 days, and let’s hope memories of a great win at Spurs are still fresh in the players heads.

This is one of catch up games from Xmas so it’s going to be quite important in showing us where we really are league wise. There are so many teams with 1,2,3 games in hand on others that the table is impossible to properly judge. Ive heard a lot of “if they win their games in hand” etc and although thats ok having games in hand and actually winning them is two different things. Let’s hope we can win tonight though!

It’s a tough one today we saw how Arsenal can pull out a result the other week. There was literally nothing in the game at Molineux the other week so we can be confident to go into the game with a chance of a result, but we’ll need to play well and we’ll need to improve on Sunday’s performance especially off the ball with the talent Arsenal have in attacking positions.

In terms of team news it will be interesting to see what Bruno does here. For the first time in what feels like forever we have 4 or 5 bench options to bring in without weakening the team. With another massive game on Sunday will he rotate slightly? Or will he go as strong as he can tonight and see what the situation is on Sunday?

Whether you’re following the game from London, the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Best photo yet ..!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big one (for me!), most of my pals are Arsenal fans, never did think we would be on a level with them. Will be dipping into our old local for a few pints before heading Emirates.

Come on Wolves, get the result!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads must be confident and be in great spirits so I think they’ll win. With Spurs loss today, this is a great chance to validate our hope of Europe next season.
Focus will be on Neto if he plays. Somehow, I’d love to see him and Podence play together.
It was fantastic to see Neto back and to hear the ovation, but he himself said he was exhausted at the end. I think he may come on towards the end. Him and Podence together will be really exciting to watch. I'm not convinced by Hwang but he had one or two good touches on Sunday. Looking forward to the game today. Moved from London to Birmingham last week so am now going back and not looking forward to the late train!
It's great to be playing a six pointer at the top and not the bottom of the table!

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Am absolutely gutted I can’t make the game tonight, top performance required.
On our game and I’m predicting 3-1 win.
Off our game we scrape it 2-1 :)
Hope each and everyone of you who are travelling down to support have an amazing time!
UTW

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest game of the season so far, a defeat and you can almost forget about catching Arsenal - let alone anyone else - for 4th. But don't get beaten and it's very much game on, a win would be seismic!

I'm expecting it to be extremely tight and either 0-0 or 1-0 either way (hopefully to the good guys)

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 26965

COYW!
Great introduction to the game Jade. Thank you.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to spare a thought - or several thoughts - for Max Kilman this morning. With a Ukranian mother he must surely have family in the country. Hope they stay safe, Max

Hopefully Fosun don't try and squash any support for Max and Ukraine. They are in a very difficult position.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Have to spare a thought - or several thoughts - for Max Kilman this morning. With a Ukranian mother he must surely have family in the country. Hope they stay safe, Max
Ukrainian mother, Russian father, born in London where both parents still live I believe. Max speaks both languages (there's enough if a distinct difference between them although they overlap). He must have some extended family in both countries.

Reaction score
Hard to explain how much I am looking forward to this one! Heading to London shortly and not back until Monday with hopefully 6 points in the bag!

I didn’t think it was possible to look at the league table any more than I am now but a decent haul in the next two games and I’m sure it will happen!

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
We owe these and I think we might get our just rewards tonight.

"1 nil to the ............Wanderers"..!!!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always seems to be arsenal for a meaningful game, sure that 2 nill to arsenal at the molineux in the covid days was a bigun.

Give it everything lads!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3rd best home team vs the 5th best away team this season. It's going to be another tight game.

I have a feeling Arsenal win 1-0 and it will be our turn to have someone sent off.

One thing for certain though is that the lads will give it their all.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ukrainian mother, Russian father, born in London where both parents still live I believe. Max speaks both languages (there's enough if a distinct difference between them although they overlap). He must have some extended family in both countries.
Tragically his father died a few years ago

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Go have a read on Arsenal Mania, it'll make you want a win tonight even more if that's possible.

Unbelievable arrogance on their part. And those Ruben comments a couple weeks back really did rattle their cage.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go have a read on Arsenal Mania, it'll make you want a win tonight even more if that's possible.

Unbelievable arrogance on their part. And those Ruben comments a couple weeks back really did rattle their cage.

Lol bunch of clowns

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
The big one (for me!), most of my pals are Arsenal fans, never did think we would be on a level with them. Will be dipping into our old local for a few pints before heading Emirates.

Come on Wolves, get the result!
Luckily this issue is more about Wolves "doing bits", rather than "How the mighty Arses has fallen"!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully his family and all Ukrainian people get through this fine. From a purely football perspective, do wonder if thought has been given whether he would play or not.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
these are the original entitled club and fans(well suited)
come on lads 3 points please,not revenge but karma

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great match up . Really looking forward to this.
We couldn’t meet up at a better time for our form, and our identity about the way we play. but Arsenal also in quite good form.
These are the really big matches that our team have earned the right to be in. This is getting close to that early seventies team.
Can we surpass that period , this year ?
Some how this feels like a crunch match , if we win the sky’s the limit this season, if we lose , we can still be in European football . But a top four place would seem unlikely.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to get something out of this one to stay in contention and do the same at the weekend
Tough ask for sure,but doable
Im still of the mind that top 6 is no more than a possibility, and top 4 is a dream,but if we come through the next 2 with points i may just start to believe

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His late father is variously reported as having been Ukrainian or Russian, either of which might cause Max issues for different reasons.

Sadly we are back in the Cold War. 40/50 years of progress gone overnight.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Need to get something out of this one to stay in contention and do the same at the weekend
Tough ask for sure,but doable
Im still of the mind that top 6 is no more than a possibility, and top 4 is a dream,but if we come through the next 2 with points i may just start to believe
spot on,if we can get 4 points out of the next two it will be looking good for europe of some kind which i would love

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A great match up . Really looking forward to this.
We couldn’t meet up at a better time for our form, and our identity about the way we play. but Arsenal also in quite good form.
These are the really big matches that our team have earned the right to be in. This is getting close to that early seventies team.
Can we surpass that period , this year ?
Some how this feels like a crunch match , if we win the sky’s the limit this season, if we lose , we can still be in European football . But a top four place would seem unlikely.
You can say that again!

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Following from my holidays in Tenerife, hope I can find somewhere showing the game! Bring it on

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman to score 21/1. Good odds that and given the current news it's destined to happen. I've stuck a quid on.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Finishing work soon, home for some lunch and quick change then heading over Finsbury Park way. Cannot wait. Very nervous already mind, and have been since I woke up.
Same here! I've done hardly any work this morning, thankfully working from home so I've already done the washing up so I can set off earlier. I'm off to Hornsey and then going to work my way down to Finsbury Park via Crouch End and Stroud Green Road. Plenty of walking to slow down my drinking :D

Back
Top Bottom