Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Any news on Ruben?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I'm sure financially we can keep Ruben, and he would want to stay here for sure imv. It will need to align with his ambition to play in European competition and if we can give him that. My guess is he'll sign, with a clause if we don't give him Euro football within a season he can leave.
I wouldn't begrudge him that at all. I've said before he deserves to play on the highest stage, and it deserves to have him there as he is that good...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We're obviously talking to him and we all know how much he loves playing for the club. We know how much he has settled here, but he is also an ambitious young man.
"As with all players, you try and have an open dialogue with them and their representatives to come to the best scenario for the club and the player."

So that's the quote that made the E&S make this headline?

Exclusive: Wolves in talks with Ruben Neves over new deal​

I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing in that quote to suggest anything of that sort. It's a nothing quote really. In fact from that quote they could also have made the headline - Wolves will cash in on Neves this summer.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We're obviously talking to him and we all know how much he loves playing for the club. We know how much he has settled here, but he is also an ambitious young man.
"As with all players, you try and have an open dialogue with them and their representatives to come to the best scenario for the club and the player."

So that's the quote that made the E&S make this headline?

Exclusive: Wolves in talks with Ruben Neves over new deal​

I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing in that quote to suggest anything of that sort. It's a nothing quote really. In fact from that quote they could also have made the headline - Wolves will cash in on Neves this summer.
Yeah that's what I thought too.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a raise, put him on a 5 year deal, promise him he can go to a champs league team if he wants in 2 years

This is a man’s life and a mega corporation’s money… not a video game

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won’t be about the money but the level of ambition and I don’t think we’ll match his.
Its always about the money
Ambition is a part of it,but cash is king in a short playing career,this has to last him his lifetime unless he goes down the training or coaching route when hes done playing,so yes money is always what its about imo

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won’t be about the money but the level of ambition and I don’t think we’ll match his.
I don't think Wolves will ever match that ambition. Not that we won't try, we are just light years behind the greedy 6 - as are all non Saudi teams. Maybe we could trick him into a gents agreement

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether he signs a new contract or not I’m not certain that will hugely affect his length of stay at Molineux.

Not signing one will see him some this Summer if there is competition for him and someone meets his asking price or next if there is limited competition and we seek to extract as much as possible.

Signing one will include an exit clause and price probably for a CL team to pick him up. It may even hasten his departure.

I only see him staying behind the Summer if two things happen:

1) Limited offers elsewhere to take him;
2) Wolves have a fantastic run-in, reach top 6 and invest heavily in the Summer such that top 4 feels real…..

Of those two 1) is likely to be the most important such that owners have no bids or decide not to sell.

Whatever happens - thank you Ruben, forever a part of us - and let’s hope the change in team which will happen this Summer takes us forward (eg Sa) not backwards.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He wants champions league football only the established top 6 will get that
West Ham Leicester Everton all are ambitious and spend but won’t get champions league

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one has really broken the top 6 in the last 20 years only Leicester i believe and that was short lived
Not saying its impossible,it isnt,we are as good as 2/3 of them pretty much now
Its about maintaining and sustaining that level, and thats where everyone falls short as they dont have the revenue streams those clubs have to do it long term
Im sure we can do it for a season or two, we really are that close, but staying there over time, no, we are a long way from that
We are where we are,so much better than we have ever been in the modern era,just irritatingly short of being a top top team

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one has really broken the top 6 in the last 20 years only Leicester i believe and that was short lived
Not saying its impossible,it isnt,we are as good as 2/3 of them pretty much now
Its about maintaining and sustaining that level, and thats where everyone falls short as they dont have the revenue streams those clubs have to do it long term
Im sure we can do it for a season or two, we really are that close, but staying there over time, no, we are a long way from that
We are where we are,so much better than we have ever been in the modern era,just irritatingly short of being a top top team
To have any prospect of making that breakthrough we need either to hang on to our best players (which seems contrary to the Fosun model) or replace them with better (which seems unlikely consistently). FFP and the embedded resultant financial disadvantage makes it difficult if not nigh on impossible to not only breakthrough but also to stay there.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
To have any prospect of making that breakthrough we need either to hang on to our best players (which seems contrary to the Fosun model)
Seems like a catch 22 it’s a gamble see Everton as an example spend 600m and no where near or West Ham who spend but can’t break through either.
We can’t hang onto players that want champions league if those teams come in with bids for them
It’s no coincidence that since city no team have consistently got top 4

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like a catch 22 it’s a gamble see Everton as an example spend 600m and no where near or West Ham who spend but can’t break through either.
We can’t hang onto players that want champions league if those teams come in with bids for them
It’s no coincidence that since city no team have consistently got top 4
I completely agree. The Geordies will be the next to find that having rich owners is no longer enough.

Back
Top Bottom