Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Any news on Ruben?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this is why we needed a centre midfielder in January we are now sooooo short of numbers in such an important position...
Well if you read what Spiers reported, then Bruno himself said that he didn't need a CM as he had faith in Cundle.
We shall see.....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive massive blow. With him and Raul missing along with semedo we look weak on numbers again. Could well cost us any chance of a European place now. Just have to hope that moutinho, donck can do well and could be a huge chance for cundle and maybe someone like Taylor perry joe hodge or Harvey griffiths. We really don’t get any luck with injuries anymore.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Small squad strikes again.
Indeed, if only we’d have signed Sanches in the summer and not pulled out of the deal over his injury record.

At least he’d have been able to step in in Neves abse… oh wait, he’s injured currently too? Never mind!

In all seriousness though, the squad size isn’t the issue here. He’s one of our best player, we could have 5 extra midfielders and it would still be a massive blow to lose Neves.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true gonna be a massive miss
At least we have the points on the board and should get a few more even without Ruben
If Cundle is used we probably play a 3 in midfield
I wonder with Semedo back plus RAN and Jonny available if Jonny or even Semedo could slot into midfield?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive massive blow. With him and Raul missing along with semedo we look weak on numbers again. Could well cost us any chance of a European place now. Just have to hope that moutinho, donck can do well and could be a huge chance for cundle and maybe someone like Taylor perry joe hodge or Harvey griffiths. We really don’t get any luck with injuries anymore.

A Moutinho /Dendoncker midfield for the rest of the season gives me nightmares.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From having a fully fit first team squad just a couple of weeks ago to being without Ruben, Neto, Semedo and Hoever. Not to mention Raul being suspended!

Pleas Jeff, boost the squad in the summer with experienced back up. No disrespect to the likes of Cundle, Mosquera, Toti and Chiquinho, but they need a lot more time to be considered regular replacements.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Moutinho /Dendoncker midfield for the rest of the season gives me nightmares.

If it's any consolation we had our best 20 minutes of our season the other day until the sending off with them pair.

Our attackers are going to have to step up.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's any consolation we had our best 20 minutes of our season the other day until the sending off with them pair.

Our attackers are going to have to step up.

And yet we still lost. Which was largely the fault of the defenders, but there’s no way we lose control of that game in the way with did with Neves on the pitch.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, if only we’d have signed Sanches in the summer and not pulled out of the deal over his injury record.

At least he’d have been able to step in in Neves abse… oh wait, he’s injured currently too? Never mind!

In all seriousness though, the squad size isn’t the issue here. He’s one of our best player, we could have 5 extra midfielders and it would still be a massive blow to lose Neves.
Of course it would still be a massive blow.

But the squad size is still completely the issue. What's to stop Moutinho or Dendoncker getting injured now?

It's laughable to have three central midfielders and a kid in a squad.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was fully expecting an ACL so this is not as bad as I feared.

That said, I also suspect that that is season over now. Just hope to see him again in a Wolves shirt

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was gonna happen the timing actually isn’t too bad. International break plus the city game being postponed. Also Ruben would have stood a good chance of picking up a yellow in the next 2 games so likely would have missed 2 anyway.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully it will give Cundle an opportunity for game time.

Neves has defied gravity for years on the injury front. Just glad that when he's finally got one it's not too serious.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a disaster for any European hopes we had. Hope we console him with a new contract.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those of us asking in January what would happen if we lost Neves or Moutinho….. we’ll it’s bloody come home to roost hasn’t it.

Is the answer still not the same though? Dendoncker comes in for them.

Having another midfielder in the squad wouldn't change that, unless they were good enough to start ahead of Neves or Moutinho in the first place! In which case, your talking about a very, very good player.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be slightly radical but I’d shift Saïss into a central midfield option now on a permanent basis until Rúben is back. Plenty of options to replace Saïss in defence.

He's not bad in Midfield too! Also we should consider MGW and Jordao returning (if a recall is possible)

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may show Fosun how essential Ruben is to us, and we need to keep him at all costs

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've chanced our luck with centre midfield for a while and was always going to come back and bite us.

Absolute madness for a team at our level for not really having at least a couple of senior players in the squad to step in as now we'll flog Dendonker and Moutinho which will risk them burning out / picking up injuries.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope jeff answers this question on april 4th.
Predictions:
1. "Scott - would you like to answer that question?"
2. "We work closely and chat with Bruno on a daily basis. He turned down at least a third of the players offered to him during the last transfer window "
3. "As we have said on many occasions - we must become a sustainable model. Fosun are not a cash cow"
4. "Trust Us"
5. Something else......

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be slightly radical but I’d shift Saïss into a central midfield option now on a permanent basis until Rúben is back. Plenty of options to replace Saïss in defence.
Suspect that this will be the default...

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really bad news about Ruben. Hope he recovers well.
I think the Leeds defeat extinguished any realistic European ambitions we may have had anyway, so it's Cundles chance to shine now. Also I'd give Silva much more game time if possible until the end of the season, and try and get Jonny and Neto fully back to speed ready for next season.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
April fixtures

Villa H
Newcastle a
Burnley a
Brighton H

All games that are completely winnable without Neves. If he is to be out for a month, these are not the worst fixtures to have.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was fully expecting an ACL so this is not as bad as I feared.

That said, I also suspect that that is season over now. Just hope to see him again in a Wolves shirt
I'm with you starsky!!! I was almost certain he'd be out with an ACL because wolves. Medial damage is nowhere near as bad. Thank God he stopped playing when he did gainst Leeds.

I hope beyond hope that this dissuades suitors but I doubt it. I'd be surprised if we see him for Wolves again. You're crying, not me

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may sound a bit odd, but I'd be tempted to try Trincao in midfield. Obviously he can't tackle but he's the only player who picks a pass like Neves

Back
Top Bottom