Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Any news on Ruben?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like knee ligaments to me. Lets hope its just a strain

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the second half Sky Sports showed him on the bench with his tracksuit on.

No ice park on his knee which he was moving without any problem. He looked ok.

Obviously hope he is alright. Not very often he comes off injured is it so when he does we get worried.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben's a tough chap, don't recall him every being seriously injured for Wolves?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We brought on Trincao who changed the game until Raul's red card.
Good though Trincao was when he came on, at least for the remainder of the first half (and I'm delighted for him that he's got his first goal), it doesn't change the fact that we badly missed Neves's steel in midfield in the second half, which would have been invaluable once we went down to 10-men. I stick by the point I made: we would not have lost with Rúben on the pitch for the full 98 minutes.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good though Trincao was when he came on, at least for the remainder of the first half (and I'm delighted for him that he's got his first goal), it doesn't change the fact that we badly missed Neves's steel in midfield in the second half, which would have been invaluable once we went down to 10-men. I stick by the point I made: we would not have lost with Rúben on the pitch for the full 98 minutes.
We will never know. However, with a clown in charge Ruben might not have lasted until 98th minute.
You also mentioned a paucity of options which, last night, Trincao was not.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will never know. However, with a clown in charge Ruben might not have lasted until 98th minute.
You also mentioned a paucity of options which, last night, Trincao was not.
Please don't misquote me or attempt to distort what I said; I mentioned a paucity of options in the middle of the park. Last time I looked Trincao was/is a forward, not a midfielder, and whilst he may have come on in place of Neves last night, he certainly didn't replace him in terms of the role he plays.

Last edited:

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don't misquote me or attempt to distort what I said; I mentioned a paucity of options in the middle of the park. Last time I looked Trincao was/is a forward, not a midfielder, and whilst he may have come on in place of Neves last night, he certainly didn't replace him in terms of the role he plays.
If Ruben had not been injured we may not even have seen Trincao last night. I don't reckon him but last night he went up a notch(es) in my opinion.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
No, but Lage (rightly or wrongly) changed the shape and we dominated until the red. He could have brought Cundle on, but he decided 343 was better, and he seemed to get that right.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replaced in the Portugal squad by Vitinha.

Can't see that they've provided an update but not good even if probably expected.

I was really hoping it was just a jarred knee and he would still travel with Portugal. Even mildly strained ligaments is probably looking at 4-8 weeks out? and god help us if it's worse.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played so much better after the sub. Not because of him going off. But because of the ridiculous decision from the start to play 2 attackers against one of worst defences in the league. Absolute madness this 3 5 2 is. We may beat Everton 1 0 etc but we should be scoring more against these terrible out of form sides. Palace scored 4 against them!

After the red Ruben would have made a difference over dendoncker, but still wouldn’t have been able to stop saiss being an incompetent CB swinging his leg at the ball twice like a mindless idiot

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played so much better after the sub. Not because of him going off. But because of the ridiculous decision from the start to play 2 attackers against one of worst defences in the league. Absolute madness this 3 5 2 is. We may beat Everton 1 0 etc but we should be scoring more against these terrible out of form sides. Palace scored 4 against them!

After the red Ruben would have made a difference over dendoncker, but still wouldn’t have been able to stop saiss being an incompetent CB swinging his leg at the ball twice like a mindless idiot

Agreed on your last point!

Saiss hasn’t been the same player since he came back from African Cup of Nations.

It’s time for

Boly Cody Kilman

Or even

Boly Kilman

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Replaced in the Portugal squad by Vitinha.

Can't see that they've provided an update but not good even if probably expected.
That's bad news. Think it could well be ligament related and we might not see Ruben again this season. This is a huge blow. I want to get back to worrying about him just missing one match for another yellow card.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt he would have been on the bench if it was a serious injury, and it is probably one of them where it’s a good excuse to not let him go to the intl team

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I doubt he would have been on the bench if it was a serious injury, and it is probably one of them where it’s a good excuse to not let him go to the intl team
Think if Ruben thought he was fit enough to join the Portugal squad he would definitely want to go and wouldn't put up with the "good excuse to not let him go theory."

It's a World Cup playoff for Portugal, not a friendly or Nations League fixture. If he was in any way able to contribute he would go. He wants to be at the World Cup with Portugal in November.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think if Ruben thought he was fit enough to join the Portugal squad he would definitely want to go and wouldn't put up with the "good excuse to not let him go theory."

It's a World Cup playoff for Portugal, not a friendly or Nations League fixture. If he was in any way able to contribute he would go. He wants to be at the World Cup with Portugal in November.
Not doubting that but clearly they won’t let him go if he has got a slight injury

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
This could be bad news we might not see him again in a Wolves shirt if it's as bad as it seems and to rub salt in the wounds the man to replace him in the Portugal squad is Vitinha who we could have signed for 16 million but Jeff wouldn't pay it, and he's having a great season

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This could be bad news we might not see him again in a Wolves shirt if it's as bad as it seems and to rub salt in the wounds the man to replace him in the Portugal squad is Vitinha who we could have signed for 16 million but Jeff wouldn't pay it, and he's having a great season
I know some people think Vitinha didn't get a fair chance, played rarely and then often in ways that didn't suit him. I doubt many fans would have shelled out 16m for him though. Probably about the same as would pay for Trincao. For my money neither is suited to the league, it's a problem for some younger talented players I think, not all, Jota was skillful and combative, but Trincao and Vitinha have the technique but not the physicality for me.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know some people think Vitinha didn't get a fair chance, played rarely and then often in ways that didn't suit him. I doubt many fans would have shelled out 16m for him though. Probably about the same as would pay for Trincao. For my money neither is suited to the league, it's a problem for some younger talented players I think, not all, Jota was skillful and combative, but Trincao and Vitinha have the technique but not the physicality for me.
I agree with this about the physicality. When you see Jota play, even now, he has that aggression, that hunger that is important in a top player. Trincao and Podence for that matter are both lightweight and need to add physicality to their game if they are to get anywhere near Jota levels.

Reaction score
Trincao is quite tall and, so long as he's got the desire to do so, you'd think could bulk up and eventually compete more. Podence is clearly just a small bloke! I am getting a bit tired of him 'competing' for loose headers where it's just a joke that he obviously can't get anywhere near - not his fault, but you've gotta be some player to make up for being so small. I like him, would start him most weeks, but I just don't believe he'll last long in such a cut throat environment

L78

Reaction score
If nuno had played him more maybe Jeff would have pulled the trigger

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever the medical diagnosis…… Get well soon Ruben.

Its just as well that we are mathematically safe, because the thought of seeing Dendoncker in midfield with his default backward passing for the remaining 18 games of the season is a truly depressing thought for a Monday evening; and that’s taking into account that I still haven‘t recovered from that defensive ***tshow from Friday night.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Its just as well that we are mathematically safe, because the thought of seeing Dendoncker in midfield with his default backward passing for the remaining 18 games of the season is a truly depressing thought for a Monday evening; and that’s taking into account that I still haven‘t recovered from that defensive ***tshow from Friday night.
8 games....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fantastic, we've still got 18 games left? We might still get 4th!

Back
Top Bottom