Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him giving that penalty away at Leicester last season and thinking what a liability he is defensively. Just goes to show how far a player can come in such a short space of time. Been fantastic the last two games, keep it going Rayan!
Agreed - and still so much to develop - but keeping Sterling/Silva and Salah quiet has been excellent performances.

grumpywolf

Reaction score
I will get slaughtered for this but I don’t get all the hype with him, I know he is only young and probably has a good future but his final ball and decisions are no better than Traore’s. Hope Marcal is soon fit enough to resume
Talk about humble pie, he’s made me look a real plonker over last 2 games. I’m glad to say.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think i am okay with marcel so not too worried if he misses the christmas games

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can cope without rayan for a couple of games...no point risking him if he has a niggle ....it's probably more important to get him fit for January...as we will need him.........but the one loan player I would definitely bring back in January is Ryan Giles ....as both rayan and marcal have a tendency to miss games......

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope youre listening Fabio Silva

As we saw last season, Fabio was becoming a much better player towards the end of the season than when he first arrived, thanks to a run of consistent game time.

Now he's played about half an hour in 20 odd games. No chance of improvement at the moment.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the lad quietly went about winning the penalty, crossing the ball in for Coady's goal and sent Adama through for the third and he's not won anyone's MOTM yesterday (that I could see) including my own, as I was enthusing about the likes of Sa, Kilman and Toti etc. the last of which he was calmly playing next to on his debut

Are we now just expecting this level of performance now from RAN? He really is turning into a superb player who has a huge amount of end product

Don't want to see him out the team again if at all possible. Not a great prospect any more, this player is doing the business right now and long may it continue

T

TheConcourse

So the lad quietly went about winning the penalty, crossing the ball in for Coady's goal and sent Adama through for the third and he's not won anyone's MOTM yesterday (that I could see) including my own, as I was enthusing about the likes of Sa, Kilman and Toti etc. the last of which he was calmly playing next to on his debut

Are we now just expecting this level of performance now from RAN? He really is turning into a superb player who has a huge amount of end product

Don't want to see him out the team again if at all possible. Not a great prospect any more, this player is doing the business right now and long may it continue
Yeah, he’s been excellent for a while now. I also thought he was unlucky not to get another pen/free kick on the edge of the box.

He put it past their player who lost his balance and took him out? All irrelevant now. Excellent performance. Real competition when Jonny is back.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really wouldn’t be surprised if the big boys come knocking in the summer and hopefully we’ll tell them to **** off.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s been excellent for a while now. I also thought he was unlucky not to get another pen/free kick on the edge of the box.

He put it past their player who lost his balance and took him out? All irrelevant now. Excellent performance. Real competition when Jonny is back.
Who is Jonny lol

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real serious talent is Ait-Nouri his defensive skills are completely underrated (wins the ball back a lot!) and brings so much going forward his ability and technique on the ball is so good to watch!

His form means we don't have to rush Jonny back into the side when available and give him minutes here and there to get him up to speed again to playing first team games but for me Ait-Nouri is now our first choice left wing back even with Jonny available and that says a lot about his ability because I really rate Jonny!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s becoming a world class player already. He goes under the radar a bit because hes also got that brilliant trait of not needing to make the eye catching tackles because he’s already in the right position to snuff things out before they happen.

Going forward he’s starting to live up to the hype too. Just needs to stay injury free now.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Fantastic, and such a young age, will be one of the best in the world in a few yrs.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
When comparing like for like, Rueben Vinagre had the similar pedigree at about the same age, but without the end product.
And as it seems he is still missing it, Ruebens career is now at a crossroads.
He probably needs to do a "Robert Johnson" to save his career :) ?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If and when Jonny is back to full fitness there is a very tough call.

At the moment its RAN shirt. Getting better with each game
What a position to be in. RAN and Semedo start, while Jonny is given time to get back to fitness and form, starting on the bench to cover the pair of them.

Ease him back in with cameo appearances and hope he can recapture not only his form but his fitness too.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If and when Jonny is back to full fitness there is a very tough call.

At the moment its RAN shirt. Getting better with each game
What a position to be in. RAN and Semedo start, while Jonny is given time to get back to fitness and form, starting on the bench to cover the pair of them.

Ease him back in with cameo appearances and hope he can recapture not only his form but his fitness too.
Bill is right, what a luxury. There is no rush for Jonny, he can slowly and surely ease back in, and opportunity will eventually call for him to lead as it always does late season with injuries.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's so good on the ball, happy to take touches with both feet in tight areas which makes him so hard to defend.

It's only a matter of time before he starts adding a few goals to his name. Some player.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He needs a song,
Can I volunteer the following.

Ryan ait noouuuuuurrri ahhh ahhh ahhhh x 10

To never ending story.

You’re welcome.

I heard the song that used to be for Barry Douglas being sung on Sunday -

"Rayan, Rayan Ait-Nouri runs down the wing for me, du du du du, du du du du" to the tune of Heartbeat

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're right Bill, it's almost like someone knows what they're doing at the club. Must be a backroom guy because Sellers and Shi don't have a clue apparently. ;-)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me who laughs at how scruffy he is? He always looks like the Sunday league player who turns up late and gets the worst set of kit, socks round his ankles im sure he plays in shin pads the size of a matchbox.

Of course this is balanced out by him being one of the most exciting youngsters I’ve seen at the club.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me who laughs at how scruffy he is? He always looks like the Sunday league player who turns up late and gets the worst set of kit, socks round his ankles im sure he plays in shin pads the size of a matchbox.

Of course this is balanced out by him being one of the most exciting youngsters I’ve seen at the club.
I agree, shirt out, socks down etc. Probably quite a character

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When I started at secondary school, there was a skinny runt of a kid, tiny, looked malnourished, wore really thick glasses with a strap around the back of his head - a real bully target if ever I saw one.

A friend of his from primary school was telling a friend of mine how good this kid was at football, we laughed at the suggestion and so were challenged to a 2 on 2 at lunch...

Now speccy four eyes' mate wasn't much kop but ****ing hell speccy was quick ..and skillful... and ripped us a new one lol.

Good player was Newty, best in our year.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
When I started at secondary school, there was a skinny runt of a kid, tiny, looked malnourished, wore really thick glasses with a strap around the back of his head - a real bully target if ever I saw one.

A friend of his from primary school was telling a friend of mine how good this kid was at football, we laughed at the suggestion and so were challenged to a 2 on 2 at lunch...

Now speccy four eyes' mate wasn't much kop but ****ing hell speccy was quick ..and skillful... and ripped us a new one lol.

Stay Classy

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had a similar kid who was in the year below who played for us at school in the year above and then I played alongside him for years for various Sunday teams. He’s 42 now and still banging them in on a Sunday. He was thin as a rake, so softly spoken you have to get him to repeat everything and always seems incredibly nervous but put him on a pitch and could/does he play. I used to hate playing against him in training as he skipped past me for about the 10th time.

It’s funny he knows me and all the lads I knock around with and he comes in our local on a Friday but apart from a very quiet/timid “hello” he goes off and sits on his own.

Andi130

Reaction score
I heard the song that used to be for Barry Douglas being sung on Sunday -

"Rayan, Rayan Ait-Nouri runs down the wing for me, du du du du, du du du du" to the tune of Heartbeat
I posted this one when we signed him....Needless to say it never caught on

Rayan Ait Nouri, he's got a story. He came from Angers to Molineux. Assists from wing back, Teams ****ing hate that. So please don't take Ait Nouri away.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed with him. A £40m player in the making imv. Take him, Kilman, Neves, Neto and (hopefully Silva) with the likes of MGW and the slightly older Podence and you have an excellent core of players to build on over the next three years with the hope that a couple more youngsters will break through. Sa, Coady and Semedo at 28 now can also keep going over that period with Hoever, Cundle, Chiquinho, Lonjwyk, Marques, Richards all having the potential to break through - perhaps Giles too.

Back
Top Bottom