Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can Hwang play on the right? Maybe a front three of Hwang, Cunha, and Ait Nouri while Neto is out.
He went over there after Pedro went out, no? This could be an option, provided Hugo is fit to play at LWB.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Another superb performance from him yesterday such a class player on the ball! I'll say it again why wasn't Lopetegui playing him?!

Not just our best left back by a mile but potentially one of the best in the league for me!
he wasn’t fit enough according to GON and lacked tactical nuances too.
A glaring omission by Senor Crocodile Tears

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sure I heard GON say post match..."and Rayan keeps going on his Maradona walks/waltz's"

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No question O'Neil has improved several players who looked like they were on thin ice at the start of the season.

Last edited:

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lopetegui was still our manager, Rayan wouldn't be here. There were genuine issues, which Julen took a very pragmatic approach to, and decided it was best for him to be moved on. Gary took the opposite approach and put an arm around his shoulder and made it clear we as a club believed in him and would support him and this approach has really paid off.

O'Neil has got a lot right since taking over... a lot not obvious to an outsider.
Totally agree with this. What GON has done is being the players together which Lop was not capable of doing.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In most places of work a manager gets given resources and he has to make the best of them. Thats the markings of good management.
But some football managers think they can demand the resources they want , or they put down tools if not given them, that doesn't necessarily make a good manager .I think Mourinho and Conte got like that. And probably Lopetegui and even Hoddle another .

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN can play LB, and did a decent job there the past couple seasons, but now that’s he’s back at LWB-LM it’s clear he shines much brighter in that role, he can better express himself.
Gareth Bale started as a left back. RAN is that type of player who could blossom if moved further forward and set free….

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gareth Bale started as a left back. RAN is that type of player who could blossom if moved further forward and set free….
Didn’t Spurs go about 2 years when Bale arrived from Southampton losing every time he was in the side. Think Redknapp just gave a free role down the left and his career took off. Difference between a young Bale and RAN was that Bale was a crap left back whereas RAN has proved on many occasions he’s actually a very good left back. Marking the likes of Salah out of games. With Toti and Bueno we have some very good options down the left . I’m hopeful about the right as well as Hoever and Lembikisa are getting game time in the Championship which is positive, particularly for the latter as he is quite young.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lopetegui was still our manager, Rayan wouldn't be here. There were genuine issues, which Julen took a very pragmatic approach to, and decided it was best for him to be moved on. Gary took the opposite approach and put an arm around his shoulder and made it clear we as a club believed in him and would support him and this approach has really paid off.

O'Neil has got a lot right since taking over... a lot not obvious to an outsider.

It's why a manager like O'Neill has to be the model going forward. If the young and hungry model is the way we are going, we need a manager to mirror that.

Gary O'Neill can probably relate more to young players with potential, who aren't perfect and who make mistakes, as he is in exactly the same position in his managerial career. A player like Ait Nouri is always going to respond better to the arm around the shoulder approach.

I'd put Lopetegui in the same category as a Mourinho now. They have certain demands that need to be met immediately, often in relation to spending, because they are less interested in the future and more interested in what they are going to achieve now. Very short-term thinking, but it maintains their reputation if nothing else.

That sort of manager is definitely not for us where we are currently. That's not to say it couldn't work. If you combined someone like Mourinho's average 3 year cycle with a spending cycle, he could attract better players and achieve something during that time. But then you're back to selling and a younger coach to get you through the leaner times again. Boom and bust in a way!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A healthy Neto aside, is he our most exciting player at present? Nothing beats RAN going on a run with a Maradona turn and a nutmeg thrown in. Special talent. He's still only 22!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always been a big RAN fan, he’s entertaining and for me that’s what counts in many ways.

I was also a big JL fan, but really couldn’t work out why he treated RAN the way he did, it all started so well for RAN, his goal at Goodison kicked off the revival, a clash of personalities is my guess.

A happy RAN is another plus of the GON era!!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like and rate RAN. He actually seems to be very happy playing here at present as demonstrated by his sprint to celebrate the Spurs winner with Jao. I just wish he could finish 90 minutes

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
RAN looked like a real talent when he arrived but didn't quite live up to that for a while
Good to see under GON his fitness has improved loads, a while ago he struggled to last 70 minutes, now he looks much fitter and can do 90.
Think his defensive work has improved. Can be brilliant in an attacking sense but also sometimes trips over the ball. Still improvements to be made but going in the right direction.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really like and rate RAN. He actually seems to be very happy playing here at present as demonstrated by his sprint to celebrate the Spurs winner with Jao. I just wish he could finish 90 minutes
He has done only recently mine unless I’m mistaken

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 months ago he’d have collapsed in a heap in the middle of the pitch with cramp trying that at that time. He’d only been off the pitch for 5 minutes.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played 90 minutes and still had gas in the tank to run across the pitch from the dugout for the winner

The old RAN would have cramped up before he crossed the white line

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think he is raw as ****, but he has a manager that knows this, appreciates him and gives him games.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May seem harsh but his quick feet and ability to beat his man mean nothing when his final ball is as woeful as it is. Everything else has improved this is the final bit for him.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he’ll end up playing more as an attacker.
Maybe n time, I'd prefer for now (even though I've said to move him forward before now) that he stays where he is until his distribution and final ball improves.
He has to stay with us, I think he has huge potential and I'd rather he see it with us.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
May seem harsh but his quick feet and ability to beat his man mean nothing when his final ball is as woeful as it is. Everything else has improved this is the final bit for him.
I agree, definitely still a bit of a rough diamond (and like GON has said, a bit crazy), but when he gets that final ball (pass, cross or shot) sorted he's going to be some player. Fingers crossed he'll continue to develop under GON and we'll see him fulfil his potential...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just needs to improve that final ball so that his mazy runs produce a better end product. Also should be aiming to get a few more goals himself. But love Rayan's attacking flair. Him, Neto, Bellegarde and Cunha have the attacking skills to cause havoc in the opposition defence.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
5th booking today. Will his suspension count for the games he’s away with Algeria anyway, or will they roll it over to when he’s back!

Back
Top Bottom