Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only is touch was a little bit better with that 2 or 1 after the switch from Nunes

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much rather sell Adama, so one-dimensional and predictable with a consistently poor end product. RAN has shown in flashes that he can thrive further forward.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Said a couple of weeks back that he has the highest ceiling of any of our players. Ridiculously talented. Just needs a couple more seasons to develop physically.

Build the side around him and Nunes.
Agree, needs fitness too as he was blowing out his ass 15 mins in, is he up all night playing fifa? Lol.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much rather sell Adama, so one-dimensional and predictable with a consistently poor end product. RAN has shown in flashes that he can thrive further forward.

No one is going to pay money for a player with 5-6 months left on his contract.

T

TheConcourse

It makes no sense to sell him now. We’ve had the obligatory crap 12-24 months of a young player in a new league, now he’s starting to look very good.

Another season and he’s knocking on the £40m door. Have to keep him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not expecting a massive fee, but at this point I'd seriously consider anything for him. Shown no intention to sign a new contract and I don't think he's magically going to help our goals problem. Put it towards Raul's long term replacement.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said a couple of weeks back that he has the highest ceiling of any of our players. Ridiculously talented. Just needs a couple more seasons to develop physically.

Build the side around him and Nunes.
I really, really hope we don't cash in on him this window.

He's so talented, and will only get better.

I like Bueno, he's the one young player I actually think is worth the time, but we're missing a trick not playing Ait Nouri.

I really think we should play both Bueno and RAN on the LHS in a 4-4-2, with RAN as a LM/ LW.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not expecting a massive fee, but at this point I'd seriously consider anything for him. Shown no intention to sign a new contract and I don't think he's magically going to help our goals problem. Put it towards Raul's long term replacement.
Why would he leave now when he’ll get a huge signing bonus in the summer?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

OK, but at best he's going to fetch a few million because of the contract situation. It's a total nothing discussion really. We've just spent 40 million on Cunha. Whether we sell Adama isn't going to impact any transfers.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its our policy to buy young players improve them then sell them on, RAN is nowhere near his ceiling yet but if he knuckles down improves his fitness and listens to Julen then the sky really is the limit for Rayan, but it's really down to the player, mind I do think Julen may be just a teeny bit biased towards Hugo due to the nationality factor, however that aside Julen has to find a way to play both of them.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think we should play both Bueno and RAN on the LHS in a 4-4-2, with RAN as a LM/ LW.

It's not a bad shout. I like Podence though. Just think RAN should start as LWB. Nothing against Bueno at all, he's been very decent.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, but at best he's going to fetch a few million because of the contract situation. It's a total nothing discussion really. We've just spent 40 million on Cunha. Whether we sell Adama isn't going to impact any transfers.
I just don't think he helps us at all. Julen prefers inverted inside forwards that press and play intricate, fluid football. That's not Adama, he's an out-and-out winger that doesn't move off the ball or press with any urgency.

RAN has shown in flashes he can provide that. I'd rather see him be provided with more chances. Neto will be back soon, Cunha is better as an inside forward rather than as a #9, Podence is arguably our best forward at the moment, and Hwang at least suits Julen's prefered system.

At best, he's somebody you can bring on with 20 minutes left to try and get back into a game by playing give-it-to-Adama-and-hope. Most of the time he's not very good at that either. In 50 games worth of minutes over the last three seasons (4,452), he's scored 4 times and assisted twice.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really, really hope we don't cash in on him this window.

He's so talented, and will only get better.

I like Bueno, he's the one young player I actually think is worth the time, but we're missing a trick not playing Ait Nouri.
Agree with all that, should be a regular every game,

dennison11

Reaction score
From the few games JL has been in charge its obvious to me he sees RAN further forward and Bueno as 1st choice LB. RaN just needs more games there to get comfortable

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have taken the (supposed) £10M from Spurs - or whatever it was. He’s been pretty worthless to us for some time in my view.

Even if he had 3-4 years on his deal, you couldn’t bank on him discovering the kind of form/output we’d crave.

A fabulous watch at times, but he will always be known as a waste of his talents, I suspect.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have taken the (supposed) £10M from Spurs - or whatever it was. He’s been pretty worthless to us for some time in my view.

Even if he had 3-4 years on his deal, you couldn’t bank on him discovering the kind of form/output we’d crave.

A fabulous watch at times, but he will always be known as a waste of his talents, I suspect.

I disagree, but there are plenty of Adama threads. It's pretty irrelevant here.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see him actually play in the Moutinho position over left wing.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree, but there are plenty of Adama threads. It's pretty irrelevant here.
Absolutely, you’re right.. my final point would be that I don’t think anyone that’s watched him for as long as we have now will say “he really made the most out of what he’s got” when he packs up.

There’s loads of players that have terrific careers with nothing like the physical gifts Adama has.. and I think it’s a crying shame this point is still (fairly, most of the time) levelled at him.

On topic, however… don’t sell RAN!!!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think RAN as a left hand side forward is the way to go in a 4:2:3:1 or left hand midfield in a 4:4:2. Him and Bueno on the left hand side could be very tasty.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More and more he's looking like an attacker not a left back although still a capable left back I think his future will be as a winger.

He offered more tonight than Hwang and Traore.

Podence had a good game maybe those two can form something.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of our best players, exceptional talent. Offers something different, with consistent forward intent - seriously, when you remember how he would constantly cut back when two thirds of the way up the pitch compared to now, it's obvious that he's been let off the leash and encouraged to attack and express himself instead of being shoehorned into a safety first mentality.

I've said before, he reminds me of Robert Pires with his instinctive, gliding movement, deceptive pace and quick feet, and I think he'll develop a real knack for scoring goals playing in off the left wing, exactly how Wenger deployed Pires.

My current favourite player with Neto injured. Would be devastated if he was sold.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More and more he's looking like an attacker not a left back although still a capable left back I think his future will be as a winger.

He offered more tonight than Hwang and Traore.

Podence had a good game maybe those two can form something.
Yeah, if we have no new incomings my starting squad for the next game would be

RAN - Cunha - Podence
Nunes - Moutinho - Neves
Bueno - Kilman - Collins - Semedo
Sa

We really need that creative CAM though.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno was ****ing incredible today. Defensively and going forward.

How about we drop neither? Find a place for both of them on that side.

He's a good player Bueno, I like him. But we're not in a situation for niceties. Should a duopoly of RAN and Podence be starting on our left side/ - For me, yes.

Back
Top Bottom