Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Started a bit slowly with a few misplaced passes. Grew into the game.

That interplay was even better as it was so close to the away fans. Hwang started it with charging the ball down.

Lovely bit of play. RAN is such a skillful player.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Needs to maintain concentration defensively, there has been a number of goals conceded this season where he has not tracked a runner past him who has then cut the ball back. On the ball and skillwise there is no questioning his ability but positionally can improve. He is still relatively inexperienced though and this can be coached into him. Will be some player if he improves that part of his game.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More like Premier League goal of the season. Really was an incredible move and we are starting, in fits and bursts, to see the type of football GON wants them to play

Which is why it was always an absolute nonsense to judge him so early

I judged him early, and I won’t shy away from admitting that on here I fairly vocally called for his head.

I’m still not 100% convinced, but credit where it’s due current form is very impressive and I sincerely hope my doubting of him comes back to put egg on my face!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's 22 now still another 3-5 years before he hits his prime, he has improved no end since joining us.

Apart from yesterday when did he last do 90 minutes?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prefer Bueno doesnt do so many fancy flicks just whips it in early
It’s all about opinions, but I think we have more chance of winning games when RAN is on the pitch, compared to Bueno.

RAN is skilful, exciting, confident and attack minded. Ok, his defensive duties need to be improved, but I’d much prefer him than Bueno, who is a good player, but he ain’t an RAN.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prefer Bueno doesnt do so many fancy flicks just whips it in early
As a full back it’s bueno for me but in a more advanced wing back type role Ait Nouri is just a wonderful player attacking the opposition half and final third

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he really improved? For me he has been our best full/wing back for a while and I find it a mystery why he was hardly played last season particularly when Bueno and Jonny hardly convinced in the role.
I would agree. I also think he covers multiple roles as he could, can play left midfield if we are protecting a lead and go 5:4:1 and still provide an attacking threat. He went off vs Liverpool after having Salah in his pocket, this season and 2 seasons ago and they exploited the space. He was fantastic against City and Villa. I think his defensive contribution is under-rated. In a 5 it excellent. In a 4 I can’t decide whether it’s the centre backs not adequately covering their full backs and leaving them isolated or whether the full backs aren’t as positionally aware. It’s just not as effective.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what happened with him last season not sure why he wasn't playing... He is such a talent!

One thing though he has found his confidence and form but the one thing I've noticed since O'Neil has come in he looks happy to be here really went for it in the celebration for Kalajdzic goal at the weekend was good to see!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what happened with him last season not sure why he wasn't playing... He is such a talent!

One thing though he has found his confidence and form but the one thing I've noticed since O'Neil has come in he looks happy to be here really went for it in the celebration for Kalajdzic goal at the weekend was good to see!
Yeah have noticed this too, way more animated and involved with the team as a whole. Great to see, really want him to succeed.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
João Palhinha getting dribbled past almost twice a game on average!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Another superb performance from him yesterday such a class player on the ball! I'll say it again why wasn't Lopetegui playing him?!

Not just our best left back by a mile but potentially one of the best in the league for me!
Some players just need to be shown some love to develop confidence.. whatever it is GON has done with him, it’s worked.

He’s a baller.. and his hard work, sometimes deserves a bit more end product.. if he can work on that, he’ll go all the way to the top.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he did a brilliant job not giving Trippier time on the ball in that more advanced position yesterday. Like GON said in his post-match interview, he just needs to tone down the "showboating" a little bit and the sky is the limit for him.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s quality. Played much higher up the pitch last night.

Was absolutely blowing after an hour though.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s quality. Played much higher up the pitch last night.

Was absolutely blowing after an hour though.
Watched him over that last half hour from the SB Upper. He was hardly able to run for most of it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO One fault of Lopetegui was he had to be boss and would be rigid. His reputation made him arrogant. And he would not tolerate dissent. Loppy had a hard upbringing.
I think RAN may be a bit of a free spirit , and may be needs handling more sensitively, and GON tries to adapt to that. I reckon Lopetegui probably tried to control him , by saying it’s my way or the highway.
Neto I think has also benefited from being freed from constraints.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO One fault of Lopetegui was he had to be boss and would be rigid. His reputation made him arrogant. And he would not tolerate dissent. Loppy had a hard upbringing.
I think RAN may be a bit of a free spirit , and may be needs handling more sensitively, and GON tries to adapt to that. I reckon Lopetegui probably tried to control him , by saying it’s my way or the highway.
Neto I think has also benefited from being freed from constraints.

Didn't O'Neil say something about RAN having no idea tactically? That is pretty much how he's appeared to play for us, anyway. Clearly got ability, but not sure what to do or where to go with it. I'd often said he hasn't got that footballing brain. Hopefully we have the coaching staff who can sort that out. Seems to be a noticable improvement recently, too.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Lopetegui was still our manager, Rayan wouldn't be here. There were genuine issues, which Julen took a very pragmatic approach to, and decided it was best for him to be moved on. Gary took the opposite approach and put an arm around his shoulder and made it clear we as a club believed in him and would support him and this approach has really paid off.

O'Neil has got a lot right since taking over... a lot not obvious to an outsider.

Back
Top Bottom