Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

AFC Telford offering Wolves STHs reduced admission for tomorrow's game vs. Barrow

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it's opportunism but you're right it is a nice gesture too.

Full marks to them for seizing the moment. I hope many Wolves fans take up the offer.

K

KiwiWolf

I wouldn't go if you paid me.

I would as I live a couple of miles away, unfortunately my daughter is visiting from Manchester tomorrow and she wouldn't appreciate it.

What I would say though is that Telford are a great community spirited club and this sort of gesture (beneficial to themselves though it is!) is a great example of flexible "on the hoof" marketing that our lot could do with taking on board. If it gets a few extra bums on seats what's the problem? It's like our games when we have a few thousand empty seats; why not publicise kids for a quid on all remaining seats unsold by 10am Saturday or even 5pm Friday or families for £30 at the same time? If it's last minute, those definitely coming will still have bought tickets anyway. Let's face it how much more does it cost the club to have 25000 in the ground rather than 20000? Relatively little!

Well done Telford, a lesson taught! :D

Adendum: They could however have spelt "oportunity" (sic) correctly!

Last edited by a moderator:

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn't go if you paid me.

Totally agree. I live in Kidderminster and also have contacts at Kidderminster Harriers and everyone who i speak to there hasn't got a good word to say about Telford, and in particular their board of directors. Their ex-chairman who stepped down last year, and who i believe is still involved with Telford was singled out for criticism and it seems he hasn't got a very good name in non-league football.

K

KiwiWolf

Totally agree. I live in Kidderminster and also have contacts at Kidderminster Harriers and everyone who i speak to there hasn't got a good word to say about Telford, and in particular their board of directors. Their ex-chairman who stepped down last year, and who i believe is still involved with Telford was singled out for criticism and it seems he hasn't got a very good name in non-league football.

But then Walsall don't have a good name in Wolverhampton and neither do Shrewsbury in Telford, so I guess it could all just be rivalry really. I've plenty of experience of dealing with Telford United FC on a business level and have always found them above board and straightforward.

Bennie Dingle

Administrator
Reaction score
Or alternately you could go there on monday night to watch wolves U21 play Chelsea. STH free.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't we offer Telford STHs a deal to come and watch Wolves cheap and fill the big gaps in the ground?!

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't we offer Telford STHs a deal to come and watch Wolves cheap and fill the big gaps in the ground?!

lol- there is some sense to that

in my youth I used to Watch Wolves at home and then Telford (Wellington Town) when Wolves were away. I would have bought into that alright.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stourbridge are also letting Wolves fans into their game tomorrow don't think there is any cut down prices though

D

Deleted member 4257

Horrible club Telford. Nah ta. Tempted with away end though but £10 offer price? What's the Wolves ST saving?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to Crawley and have attempted to escape a family meal by going to watch Walsall v Brentford but my plan to avoid a day with the in laws looks to have failed.

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But then Walsall don't have a good name in Wolverhampton and neither do Shrewsbury in Telford, so I guess it could all just be rivalry really. I've plenty of experience of dealing with Telford United FC on a business level and have always found them above board and straightforward.

No its not rivalry and like i said i was referring to board level. Having got in touch with my contact, he and the club have little or even no time at all for a certain Lee Carter, and apparently many other clubs feel the same. I also know someone who works for the Shropshire FA (hence me being able to get a ticket in the Shrewsbury end when we played them earlier in the season) and they are pretty much of the same opinion.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Telford lost 1-0. Attn 1,600. Only went as sons team were ball boys. Football was poor and cheapest tickets are £13 adults.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Telford lost 1-0. Attn 1,600. Only went as sons team were ball boys. Football was poor and cheapest tickets are £13 adults.

Bloody hell I'm paying that to stand and watch a Bundersliga match next month and what are Telford 6th level of English football:mad:

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if they half their ticket prices I bet they don't double their gate. So I imagine they are already at their revenue maximising level. Seems to be what football is about these days and why arsenal/Chelsea can sell tickets at over £60 because they know they will sell out whatever.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if they half their ticket prices I bet they don't double their gate. So I imagine they are already at their revenue maximising level. Seems to be what football is about these days and why arsenal/Chelsea can sell tickets at over £60 because they know they will sell out whatever.

I wonder if they'd sell out at £100? Don't kill the golden goose that lays the eggs.

D

Dewsburywolf

I wonder if they'd sell out at £100? Don't kill the golden goose that lays the eggs.

Except the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man. United make their money from so many sources other than through the turnstiles so they could actually let fans in for a tenner & STILL make a profit

W

wolvesultra

lot of hate for Telford on here, quite surprised.

Consider Telford my second team, despite not being from anywhere near there I do have a lot of mates who follow Wolves but from Telford so also follow them too.

At times when I've not been going to Wolves games I've followed Telford to some random places...Warrington (when nobody knew where the football ground was only the rugby) to Weston Super Mare!

H

howling wolf

Consider Telford my second team, despite not being from anywhere near there I do have a lot of mates who follow Wolves but from Telford so also follow them too.

At times when I've not been going to Wolves games I've followed Telford to some random places...Warrington (when nobody knew where the football ground was only the rugby) to Weston Super Mare!

My second club too.

I used to go and see them when they played in the London area back in the 90's, and when back visiting my folks would often take in a home game. The away games were most enjoyable, and the perfect excuse to visit a new ground. Hoping they can win promotion back to the Conference as I'm moving back to the UK this week and if they are still in the Conference North I doubt I'll get to see them much, since it's unlikely I'll end up living very far north of Watford.

My most extravagant trip to one of their away games was pre-season game at Kings Lynn when Andy Mutch was in charge. Ended up an uneventful 0-0 if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom