Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted earlier, and how accurate or not it is. Move to Spurs on a 6 month loan with £2m loan fee, followed by a purchase of around £20m. Will be paid 120k/week by Spurs.

Don't like this arrangement at all.
If it's true of course.
Glad Wolves didn't agree to pay him £120k /week.
If he's definitely going then Spurs should be paying outright now , not a loan with a view to purchasing later.

Playing into Spurs hands!!
They're seemingly calling all the shots, to their advantage.

It would also appear that so far, no formal offer has been made by them.

This is dragging on and on and on!!

Finalise it one way or the other but please put this saga to bed, so we can move on and concentrate on players who want to be part of The Pack !!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly do you think if we sell with a few days left of the window we will reinvest, the price for sanches was 30 million but that was before we just gained traore money so it's now 35. French football is broken scrapping for every penny. You buy in the French Market at your peril, if we sell it will because fosun want to cash in on an asset.
Personally speaking 15 or 20 could be achieved in the summer, allied with an easier French market. It's hardly fantastic money, I'm consistent in my thought that traore is really useful off the bench and needed if we are to gatecrash Europe!
Correct French football is broken currently so I’m not so sure how that helps them talk up any deal. It’s how we managed to half the price on Ait-Nouri. Whether it’s us or anyone else Sanches won’t be in France come 1st Feb.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, though the trouble is in order for the new midfielder to improve the starting 11 he needs to be better than Neves and Moutinho, and that would have to be a top top quality player. If one comes in and is below the current pair in the pecking order then your just swapping one sub for another. And a wide forward is more useful to bring on in games than a holding midfielder.

I suppose if the club expect Mourinho to leave in the summer then that would be a factor.
I think it’s more to do with the type of player. Bruno said a while back our cm players are all similar so I would think he wants a more attacking one (like Sanches). It’s difficult getting all the ducks in a row but if Traore going guarantees an attacking midfielder then let him go, obviously there’s no guarantees in football is the big issue. As for losing a wide player, we pretty well stocked even if we go back 343 then Neto and Hwang still come back so with podence and Trincao that’s still 4 of them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like this arrangement at all.
If it's true of course.
Glad Wolves didn't agree to pay him £120k /week.
If he's definitely going then Spurs should be paying outright now , not a loan with a view to purchasing later.

Playing into Spurs hands!!
They're seemingly calling all the shots, to their advantage.

It would also appear that so far, no formal offer has been made by them.

This is dragging on and on and on!!

Finalise it one way or the other but please put this saga to bed, so we can move on and concentrate on players who want to be part of The Pack !!

The one advantage of an initial loan with a mandatory purchase clause is that he couldn’t play against us in a couple of weeks. But I’d want the mandatory clause water tight and not dependent on appearances, fitness, etc. and the value fixed and inline with Wolves valuation, not Spurs’s lowball offer. For me, that’s something like a £2m loan fee plus £20m-25m+ sale plus addons that gets the total value above 25m.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he just going to become the new Wilfried Zaha?

Contract is running out, never going to sign a new one, linked with a move every window, but no one wants to pay his fee.

Then he signs a new deal and the process starts all over again.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Contract is running out, never going to sign a new one, linked with a move every window, but no one wants to pay his fee.

Trouble is zaha is far and away their best player, Adama isn’t. You don’t make him your highest earner when he plays 20 mins a week

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score

Think you might be on the money.

I feel like Spurs are lowballing in the hope we need to sell but we won't sell him as cheap as they expect.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone please explain - in monetary terms - why we cant leave it until the summer ?
Unless we want the resources for something else in January.
I know he will have 6 months less on his contract but but does that really mean much.
He might be worth more in June , with more goals to his name and as part of a European League team.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mendes and Shi should really be telling Traore that Wolves would be willing to sell, but the only club who’s made an offer doesn’t value him any more than Middlesbrough did when he was playing there in the Championship. In other words, they don’t value his progression since. Is that really the kind of place he wants to be?

I’d offer extend his contract by 2 years, double his wages, making him one of the better paid players at Wolves, and challenge him to win his dream move back to Barca in the next 12-18 months when they have the money to afford him, or at least to a club which values his progress.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Can someone please explain - in monetary terms - why we cant leave it until the summer ?
I know he will have 6 months less on his contract but but does that really mean much.
He might be worth more in June , with more goals to his name and as part of a European League team.
Trying to sell in the summer means we'll likely get less back due to contract length. He could of course get a long term injury or start banging in goals. I guess maybe the teams that are in for him now may move onto other targets and lose interest.

I agree though, doesn't seem like it'd have a huge impact on his value.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to sell in the summer means we'll likely get less back due to contract length. He could of course get a long term injury or start banging in goals. I guess maybe the teams that are in for him now may move onto other targets and lose interest.

I agree though, doesn't seem like it'd have a huge impact on his value.
Thanks everything is as I thought . And I agree about the value , and still believe it could go up.
So I would definitely not sell on financial grounds.
So unless Traore is going to pull up stumps and refuse to play the game , and to be fair he doesn't look like he will do that at all , I would stick with him .
And if we get to Europe with him on fire perhaps he may get the contract he wants at the club he wants.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks everything is as I thought . And I agree about the value , and still believe it could go up.
So I would definitely not sell on financial grounds.
So unless Traore is going to pull up stumps and refuse to play the game , and to be fair he doesn't look like he will do that at all , I would stick with him .
And if we get to Europe with him on fire perhaps he may get the contract he wants at the club he wants.
Do you really think any players value increases the closer he gets to 12 months left on his contract, regardless of their performance. Only one i can think of is eden hazard, and he was an exceptional footballer.

If traore had 10 to 15 plus goal contributions between now and the end of the season, at its absolute best his value would remain the same, at the 20 to 25m area. And if that was the case, teams would just offer a pre contract agreement and pay him silly wages, as they wouldnt be paying a signing on fee. Exactly what happened to aaron ramsey.

If we want decent money for him, its now or never. We would likely get half what he is being touted out for currently in the summer, so 10m, we may as well stick with him then and let him run out his contract if thats the case.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Jeff knows that we are actually in a strong negotiating position. Spurs have promised their fans and most importantly Conte that they will spend big, I’m sure there is a lot of internal pressure on Levy and his team! Remember that Conte famously walked from Inter when they didn’t back him and Levy already promised a substantial transfer kitty to even get Conte through the door!

From all my time doing business with China (over a decade now) I know for a fact that they would throw the whole deal in the bin rather than being seen to have come off worst in the transaction (no matter how illogical)! So Levy won’t be able to play his usual games.

Last edited:

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really think any players value increases the closer he gets to 12 months left on his contract, regardless of their performance. Only one i can think of is eden hazard, and he was an exceptional footballer.

If traore had 10 to 15 plus goal contributions between now and the end of the season, at its absolute best his value would remain the same, at the 20 to 25m area. And if that was the case, teams would just offer a pre contract agreement and pay him silly wages, as they wouldnt be paying a signing on fee. Exactly what happened to aaron ramsey.

If we want decent money for him, its now or never. We would likely get half what he is being touted out for currently in the summer, so 10m, we may as well stick with him then and let him run out his contract if thats the case.
10 to 15 goal contributions, we're definitely in the Euros and maybe CL, of course its more likely to be 3-4 goal contributions.

I'd still keep him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because in the summer he’ll be just 6 months away from signing a pre agreement elsewhere and going for a free

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All things being equal his value decreases.
But we still have the right to employ him for another 18 months - can he be offered a pre- contract arrangement 18 months before his contracts ends ?
But what I am 100 % sure is that WWFC value would increase if we qualified for Europe . And by far in excess of any loss in his value over the next three months .
And yes I expect a man who hasnt scored or assisted much for almost 2 years to become more valuable if that changed.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because in the summer he’ll be just 6 months away from signing a pre agreement elsewhere and going for a free
Thanks for clarifying the pre agreement dates. That is important.
But I would wait and see when we get to the end of this season .
Firstly we may qualify for Europe ,European football dwarfs all these costs .
We missed out on 6th place by goal average to Spurs less than two years ago !

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying the pre agreement dates. That is important.
But I would wait and see when we get to the end of this season .
Firstly we may qualify for Europe ,European football dwarfs all these costs .
We missed out on 6th place by goal average to Spurs less than two years ago !
Trouble is £25-30 million is a lot of money to lose on the hope of Europa league football (where I’m sure we wouldn’t earn that money). It may well end up being a financial decision over a sporting one.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he's become the new ole or chicharito....a super-sub.

he's great coming in late against tired legs.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a feeling this one is going right down to the wire which isn't good for us if we are going to try and reinvest the money into the squad.

How many times/days have we heard this deal is close to being done... Yet from what I've seen this afternoon the fee has yet to be agreed or even been submitted!

From the outside Tottenham seem an awful club to deal with when it comes to transfers in and out!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok - If we sell Adama for £15/£20m in the summer and he helps us Finish say 8th place we would gain an additional £9m in league placement fees from £13.9m to £22.7m - That in it'self is worth more than selling Adama for £20m with possible add ons.

Jeff - It's worth the risk for the final 4½ months to keep Adama and let him go in the summer in the hope we can finish 8th MINIMUM and possible better - if we beat W.Ham into 7th thats £2m more and European Football next year (okay the League cup versions) but as fans wouldn't you love a new adventure.

1643133747984.png

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well spurs made a poor offer Wolves said their price 25/30m take it or leave it. Now they are messing around. He wants the Barcelona move in the summer anyway. If spurs come up with the money it better be soon.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is £25-30 million is a lot of money to lose on the hope of Europa league football (where I’m sure we wouldn’t earn that money). It may well end up being a financial decision over a sporting one.
Agreed but is it all or nothing ?
If it £30 million now and nothing in June - I would sell him.
But it is probably going to cost a net £10 million at worst.
And unless ADAMA is playing up it will have a poor effect on staff and players morale.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he's become the new ole or chicharito....a super-sub.

he's great coming in late against tired legs.

As far as I'm concerned this has always been the case with him - it was only when he started to get noticed that he gets a start and upsets the balance of the team from the kick off in the majority of the games. A super sub - available as an option on 60 minutes against tired legs and get him to hang around the centre circle on his toes when defending corners is his ideal and most beneficial position to the team.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned this has always been the case with him - it was only when he started to get noticed that he gets a start and upsets the balance of the team from the kick off in the majority of the games. A super sub - available as an option on 60 minutes against tired legs and get him to hang around the centre circle on his toes when defending corners is his ideal and most beneficial position to the team.
Absolutely.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That correct analysis show his strengths and weaknesses.
He is not good enough to play against a fresh team in most cases.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10 to 15 goal contributions, we're definitely in the Euros and maybe CL, of course its more likely to be 3-4 goal contributions.

I'd still keep him.
I would love it if he produced along those lines but there is zero chance.

Lycaon

Reaction score
As I’ve said previously I’d keep Adama till the end of the season but if Spurs do come up with an offer in the region of 25mil then yes sell him now even if it’s a business decision.
I wouldn’t bother investing the money straight away in one of our rumoured targets in this window as that presents it’s own risks in the short term unless that player hits the ground running but that’s unlikely no matter who we sign.

Our current squad, admittedly small have shown enough resilience to cope over the last few months.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the Happy Birthday post by Official Wolves? On the wall it says Happy Birthday, faith and believe. A cryptic message perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom