Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They say a deal is to be done as we want £20m.

The sun say we want £30m.

He was on the bench and came on at the weekend, so I don’t think anything is close as SSN makes out.
Like most media, they are London team centric. If they can't precipitate a move, can they at least unsettle a rival to one of their own?
Until something more definite comes up, I will continue to accept Bruno's statement, he will "protect" Adama. (Same as Levy did with Kane).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europe is there for the taking. Should immediately cancel any discussions with Spurs. Never should be speaking to them to begin with.

Regardless of what one's stance on Traore is, Spurs seem to believe he would strengthen them. That seems a bit foolish.

Teams not selling to rivals is a thing for a reason.

Well said. That is exactly why Man Utd arent letting Lingard go to West Ham. They dont want him going to a rival. We seemingly are though by the looks of it.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said. That is exactly why Man Utd arent letting Lingard go to West Ham. They dont want him going to a rival. We seemingly are though by the looks of it.
If Adama goes to spuds on the cheap and he's a success there and gets them into Europe and we don't get into Europe..

It's gotta be JEFF SHI OUT!!

End of season!!

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
****ed off about us selling him, but not sure who to be ****ed at, not sure if he really wants to go or what.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
£20m doesn't sound a lot, does it? Quite telling that no other clubs came in to drive the price up. The market sets the value, and the footballing world hasn't exactly fought over his signature.

If he wants to go, fine, let him go. The strength of the pack is more important than one individual.

But I am curious of his motives: is it just the money (yeah, probably), or does he think he is better than us and he'll be starting week-in-week-out at Spurs? I genuinely think he'll drive Conte crazy once the novelty value has worn off.

Or maybe he'll suddenly turn into the player we hoped he would become. Bloody hope not.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really an equivalence though. Lingard cost United nothing (in fees) and anyway they can afford to lose the £20million if there is a potential intangible benefit. We can't.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to sell to Spurs but despite what some of our fans think of him, there isn't a queue of club reps down Waterloo Road.
I hoped there was something in the Barcelona rumours but if there were I think he'd hang on for them.
Still its not happened yet.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
If Adama goes to spuds on the cheap and he's a success there and gets them into Europe and we don't get into Europe..

It's gotta be JEFF SHI OUT!!

End of season!!
Out of interest what happens if Adama goes to Spurs, completely flops (Remember his first year with us when some were calling for him to be sold and we would be lucky to get your money back).

What happens if we then subsequently beat Spurs into a Euro place (For the record I think it’s unlikely we will end up above Spurs with or without selling Traore).

The point I’m trying to make is everything is so much easier with hindsight.

Personally one moment I think we should keep him then you look at the current situation with only one club bidding for his services and wonder where all these bidding clubs are going to miraculously appear from in the summer wanting to bid the same or more. Can we as a club afford to risk losing a load of money if we wait to sell him when he’s made it patently clear he’s not going to sign a new contract and where there’s no glut of clubs bidding for his services.

I think I’ve reached the point where I just want it sorted one way or the other.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last 2 performances off the bench might have put the price up a few mill
Agree to some extent but doesn’t actually help Spurs as he hasn’t come on as a RWB or even a winger really.

I think we just tell levy that as every day passes towards the deadline the price increases exponentially. The longer it drags the more limited Wolves will be in bringing anyone in so we might have to pay more, so Spurs should as well.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree to some extent but doesn’t actually help Spurs as he hasn’t come on as a RWB or even a winger really.

I think we just tell levy that as every day passes towards the deadline the price increases exponentially. The longer it drags the more limited Wolves will be in bringing anyone in so we might have to pay more, so Spurs should as well.
Certainly think we've whacked it up to 30mil.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will probably go to the last day of the window we like doing late business
Yeah, yeah, I have a feeling it might be a case that we are weighing things up and just tagging one of our rivals along so that they don't look at other targets during the window.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may well be the case, like a few others commented, that it’s more dependant on potential incoming signings. If we have a player that Bruno wants to strengthen, and a deal is on the table, then that may be the trigger to agree a deal with Spurs on Traore. If not, perhaps we would prefer to wait to the summer and work with our current squad, those returning from injury, and selected youngsters retained from their loans.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Someone needs to tell Spurs he is not a RWB. Have they scouted him at all? Mind you they bought Doc for that role too!

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Adama's price tag is gonna have to be nearer to £30m now as the week goes on?
Not according to Sky Sports:

"Tottenham are closing in on a £20m deal for Wolves winger Adama Traore. Spurs' original £15m bid was rejected by Wolves, who want £25m. There is now an expectation that a compromise can be reached before Monday's deadline."

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Let’s just get this deal done and move on, it’s becoming a bit boring now. I just want this window shut as soon as possible with the real players who have worked their nuts off for us still here.
Real players who don’t just turn up now and again. Players who give everything for my club and leave everything on the pitch - Coady, Neves, Moutinho, Jimenez, Saiss, Kilman etc etc.

Last edited:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would as well, but nobody is really pushing the boat out to buy Adama, and you arent going to get a top level midfielder for the type of money we will get for Adama. We dont know what the clubs thinking is with Trincao, but if we are going to sign him, we might as well swap him for Adama. They need to let Bruno decide.
Of course we need to let Lage decide. We don't have anyone above him in our football hierarchy so it's down to him. However... if he decides to 'swap' Traore for Trincao we have, in my opinion, downgraded massively. We should be putting the Adama cash with some reserve funds and going big on a quality midfielder.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not according to Sky Sports:

"Tottenham are closing in on a £20m deal for Wolves winger Adama Traore. Spurs' original £15m bid was rejected by Wolves, who want £25m. There is now an expectation that a compromise can be reached before Monday's deadline."
Sky is an awful source these days.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky is an awful source these days.
Yep, just full of guess work and quotes like;

our sources believe
a potential deal
the deal could be
we understand

its just guess work

Personally I think all this ‘talk’ about a deal being close is from the Spurs side, they need their fans to think they are doing something.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Worst thing about the transfer window used to be Jim White and his yellow tie, not to mention the omnipresent 'Arry.
Worst thing about it now is the presence of these 2 gimps spouting garbage for a month.
Rather have White than these 2 idiots. Little personality, they are just boring and only recycle info already known. Liverpool seem to have agreed a deal for Bellingham but that hasn’t been mentioned. Maybe the sources aren’t that good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom