Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Not happy, but it was inevitable, and who do we play on feb 13th :(
His Molineux leaving pressie, a goal

justfriggin

Reaction score
I've been one of Traore's loudest critics. But I see very little point in agreeing to Spudz advances. 15/18mil. I dont actually think any club really wants to take a significant punt.
Having said that, his latest goal showed a skill I hadnt seen since connecting with a through ball from Bonatini away at West 'am. I think he may be just be beginning to add a greater contribution to our Top six challenge.

fleck1

Reaction score
There is no interest in him other than Spurs, you cant drive up the price, create a bidding war or sell him abroad when there is no other club interested. You think if Barca or any of the big 4 in England were interested he'd be heading to spurs. He's not going to sign a contract (unless we pay him well over what he's worth) so move him on and focus on players who want to be here. Obviously we don't know current wages, but rumours suggest he's on similar to Ruben and would almost double it to be top earner, I know which of the two id be throwing a massive new contract at.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way as long as he has a hole in his **** will he be able to convert to a RWB. To even think that Conte is looking at Traore's youtube highlights rather than his overall game play and positioning.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching Traore be exciting and enigmatic, but I've come to the conclusion this season that he's not in my best xi

The big mistake was waiting this long to sell him. Lost a good chunk there.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A shame to see him go but I feel it will never click for Traore he's always going to be an enigma.

I get the impression he's not what Bruno wants in a forward nor is capable of adapting to what Bruno wants.

He doesn't want to be here and overvalues his worth (there is no way he should be one of top earners at the club) moving him on is best for all is concerned.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could keep him and pay his wages by getting a sponsor - like Johnson's

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho is a long way from being ready. He has talent and potential but there’s a lot still to work on. Maybe in 12 months though.
Just meant replaced in the matchday squad if Adama is on the verge. There will be a few ahead of him for sure

fleck1

Reaction score
He’s had the highest successful completed dribbles across all major European leagues pretty much every season for the last 4 years now. He’s so far ahead of other very, very good dribblers it’s almost comical. When it comes to dribbling he’s the very definition of a unique talent. Very few inside the football world would argue with that.

His end product is another thing completely I readily admit but when it comes to dribbling few can hold a torch to Adama and if that’s news to you then I’m a bit surprised to be honest. I’m not making any other arguments other than that in my post or that we could easily get 20m for him in the summer via the Mendes carousel. Bear in mind Spurs shifted Lamela to Sevilla for 20m and he had 12m left on his contract and Traore is the better player imo.
I can think of many more players id rather not dribble at us and they'd not endanger the south bank with their shooting and crossing. A pointless stat that's up there with expected goals and expected shots.

We could easily get £20m in the summer? we cant even get that now? So what makes you think that will change in 6 months with even less on his contract, especially if his output of 1 goal and 0 assists in the first half of the season is only matched?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Same problem we had with Ruben in summer, no market for him so the offers can be low to get them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And within those 20 minutes a goal can be scored.

Opponents don't like Adama, bringing him on for those 20 minutes can push opponents back and make them think twice about commiting to the attack. That and his energy can get us up the field in those late moments, Villa away doesn't happen if not.
Do you break the wage structure to keep him for 20 mins here and there? Is he happy only playing that amount of time. For whatever reason both Nuno and Bruno haven’t made him a permanent fixture in the years he’s been here.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you break the wage structure to keep him for 20 mins here and there? Is he happy only playing that amount of time. For whatever reason both Nuno and Bruno haven’t made him a permanent fixture in the years he’s been here.
Is there any actual evidence of him demanding to be the highest paid player at the club?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please let us use the money to put towards Sanches or Van De Beek.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be fun, after watching opponents double and triple teaming up against him, when ait-nouri pushes him to the line on his own and everyone watches him either put a cross to a seagull or Kilman effortlessly heads the odd good cross clear.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll just be glad when it's over, I don't dislike Adama but I'm also not his biggest fan, I think this is what most Wolves fans are we are amazed at what he does one minute then its despair the next.

If he doesn't want to be here then he needs to go and with his contract situation, the club need to make profit on him.... perhaps one we should have sold for a lot more 2 seasons ago but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be fun, after watching opponents double and triple teaming up against him, when ait-nouri pushes him to the line on his own and everyone watches him either put a cross to a seagull or Kilman effortlessly heads the odd good cross clear.
To be honest, if anyone knows how to defend against Adama it will be our boys.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fee agreed at £22.5m if this is to be believed

Backwards step for us and him in my opinion but wtf do I know?!!!
Why does everybody else sell their players at a premium and ours seem to be sold on the cheap?....the Mendes influence???
And before anybody tells me he isn't worth this that or the other, take a look at some of the dross that's sold in recent times and commanded fees of £30m+!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom