Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A good article.

D

Deleted member 4099

Don't agree with much in it at all. Dot care about Spurs or Redknapp. Alarmist rubbish about us.

S

spud3948

I agree. Don't think Forde will get too many games this season, certainly after the arrival of Razak and potentially another midfielder to come.

I am happy with the start considering the uncertaincy and changes in personnel. After the window closes Stale will be able to mould the squad into his style of play and hopefully Wolves will be challenging by Christmas.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's ignored that fact that Stale, quite rightly, wants to trim a squad too big for this League in order to get a competitive first team squad together who all feel part of it.

A

Apocalypse Now

There will be an issue if lots of the players we wish to move on don't, but we may well have to offer inducements to get some players off the books. I fully expect us to take hits on the amounts we paid for Mlijas, Hunt and Berra.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is we ended up with Ward and Eggy in centre mid on Saturday. We were one nil up surely Milijas would have been a better option to come on and help us keep possession?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conjecture. Don't disagree with the Milijas point though...we do look weak in CM after Henry/Doumbia.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've read some of the articles and the guy speaks a lot of sense.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
The writer of the article has a perfectly reasonable point of view, but it's short term one, isn't it? When the window closes in only one week's time all will be clearer. Stale will know what players are at his disposal and can move on realistically and positively.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rubbish article - he knows nothing about what's going on at the club. FFS, we're always crying out to the manager to try young players, and when we do, the manager gets slated!

If Milijas is not going to be part of the club, longer term, and is on the transfer list - regardless of whether we think he should or not, that's an entirely different debate - but why the $$$$ would you then play him in a game, when we have youngsters chomping at the bit to get on, and show what they can do?

I think people forget, this is a journey we're on here - it's not just about beating Derby on Saturday - we have to think LONG TERM.

We're not playing football manager where we can go through a season in 2 hours...

cannot take that article seriously at all - and "welsh headless chicken" ? come on...

The_Ned

Reaction score
I thought it was quite a good article. Especially the part about Reddknapp.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Load.of.rubbish.

Throwaway article written by someone who hasn't got a clue...

B

bridgnorthwolf

Can't take him seriously. Welsh headless chicken?? Pathetic.

Yeah, the same welsh headless chicken who scored with a, errrrm, header the other night...

Prat.

That's the downside to the Internet, any idiot can get their thoughts published.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For everyone saying its a crap article do you think Stephen Ward is a better option in centre midfield than Milijas?

S

spud3948

I think the only position Stephen Ward hasn't competitively played for Wolves is in goal!. Ward is now an established left back who can played wide left if required. I do not want to see him appearing in the centre of midfield, what does that say about the rest of the midfield.

E

Essex Wolf

Conjecture. Don't disagree with the Milijas point though...we do look weak in CM after Henry/Doumbia.

And with O'Hara out for several weeks still to come and Hammill and Hunt looking surplus to requirements then other than Edwards options are few and far between.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its his point of view. I disagree with much of what he says. I have not read him before but if Manc Wolf is correct then needs to be somewhat consistent in what he says. Also I have a feeling that he is writing to suit his own agenda.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its his point of view. I disagree with much of what he says. I have not read him before but if Manc Wolf is correct then needs to be somewhat consistent in what he says. Also I have a feeling that he is writing to suit his own agenda.
A good article will often raise arguments for and against. My only criticism of those who seem against the article is that they have not made any points other than trying to ridicule the author. If you actually stated what it was you disagreed with we could have a debate.
I am not saying that I agree or disagree with what he said but I think he put his argument well.
WIL what is this agenda you reckon he has?

M

Metro Wolf 2007

It seems to me that the players that Solbakken is keeping out of the first team squad (Milijas, Hammill, Hunt etc) are those who have not played for some time and therefore you might not blame them if their #headsgone.

If Solbakken wants respect in the squad in a short space of time he will play those who are most positive plus his new signings. Anyone with any element of negativity might not make the team, as he wants players that want to play for him. Just a thought. It might or might not apply to this lot.

If there is any bad blood between Hammill and others in the squad, are those players now heading out? I'd like to see him back in the fold, but then again I don't know what has gone on and Solbakken does.

IMHO the squad itself has hastened the instability and so has the club - did the players alleged closeness to Connor really help squad discipline in the last 5 months? For this the board should take some blame as well for that disasterous appointment.

All in all we have been in a right state, Solbakken's hand has been forced into early major changes and perhaps its for the best that it all happens now and we can regroup and move on.

Back
Top Bottom